Forum > Shinobi Life Online Suggestions

Skill tree ideas

(1/8) > >>

NinjaMirage:
this is going to be hard to stay on topic but please try!!
So sence the inception of this game the idea is that you can learn anything you want. Any skill Any jutsu, Any religuse abuilitys, ext, and it's one of the many things that sets SLO apart from other MMOARPG games. However it has also bin stated that to accomplish this you must play for a Realy long time. I think That for the players that want to attempt this, they should have every right. I'm guessing though that some players may want to specialize in certain skills as well. I think this needs to be accomplished in the tree skills of the 5 Majer skill trees.
From what I can tell no ninja in naruto ever mastered more then 2 Majer skills
Examples-
Itachi- master of genjutsu and ninjutsu
Jiraiya- Taijustu and ninjutsu
Zabuza- kenjutsu and ninjutsu
Neji- sensory jutsu and Taijustu
Keba- same
You get the idea.

So for the players that want to master everything, I suggest that they must
1. Train in tear 1 in all trees before moving to tear 2 and so on up the trees.( this will be a long process)
2. Only be able to master 1 skill.
3. Find items hidden around the world that allow them to learn the remaining 4 master level skills

For the players that want to specialize in 2 skills
They must
1. Evenly train in both skills-tear 1 before training in tear 2
2. After tear 2 you can train other skils tear 1-(whatever half way is- if there's 10 tears )5
3. After reaching tear 10 in each skill tree
The same 4 items will push you past the master level of your 2 skills- 2 items needed for each
This is were things like
(Naruto examples not In game)
sage mode- ninjutsu
Tsukuyomi- genjutsu
8 inner gates - Taijustu
Byakugan- sensory
Creation Rebirth- medical
Bukijutsu- use of all weapons including legendary ones.(Think Tenten)

And so its all in how you train your skill trees.
As you will likely get your first teer in the academy, you would need to start this from the very  beginning of the game.

The next thing is separating skills from jutsu
JUTSU HAVE NO PLACE IN SKILL TREES
What do I meen by this?...
Under the Ninjutsu tree
The first thing you learn is chakra control.
(Chakra is necessary to perform all ninjutsu)
But what other skills are needed to perform say
The chidori in game now.
1.Change in Form level 3 or higher maybe?
2. Change in nature level 1 or 2 ( depending on if it's your primary nature)?
3. Chakra control level 5 or higher? Basic won't work will it?
And that's Just to start.
4. How about activation control- the first time naruto used the Rasenshuriken In battle why did it fail? Because naruto could not keep it active for long enough. This was not because he ran out of chakra.. He was just not skilled enough yet with the jutsu to keep it active. Should this be in the tree skill or should it be built in to the jutsu???This is why it's going to be hard to stay on topic with just the tree skills.

So what skills do we give to each major skill tree??

Ninjutsu and genjutsu both require chakra
Which one gets chakra console??
Or do they all get chakra control??
Or dose chakra control unlock all 5 trees.

Sanji:
i just red the first half and i am tired lol.
btw who is Juria?
do you mean Jiraiya?lol you should fix it.

NinjaMirage:
Fixed thanks!!!
You meant tired right??? Not third!!
You should finish it is long but I think it's important to spell out the difference between skills and jutsu's and were they belong in game.

Whatasnipe:
Maybe a Chakra Control tree governs all Ninjutsu? For example like you said Chidori takes alot of chakra control. Maybe you have the Ninjutsu skill to use chidori, but you can't use it until your Chakra control is sufficient enough, using both trees at once. Maybe your Chidori is unstable or ineffective without the required chakra control level. Just some ideas

NinjaMirage:
Ok here is how I see the trees looking-kind of I'll make a better one soon. But I think everything should open up with chakra control
chakra control

Unlocks

Ninjutsu Genjutsu Taijustu Sensory Bukijutsu
Then under each of them you have other skills  necessary for use of spacifc jutsu so in Ninjutsu there could be a few branches

ninjutsu
Combat skills                Medical skills
Jutsu activation             First aid
Change in form.             Basic Anatomy
1st nature.                   Advanced anatomy
Chakra power         Advanced chakra control
2nd nature.                      Biochemistry
And so on .....until you unlock
Sence nature energy.      Chakra storage
But I think sensory should be classifieds as support skill tree

So chidori would require everything up to chakra power if lightning was your 1st nature and posable speed up from the Taijustu tree seeing as how it's a jab requiring speed.

So basic jutsu should only require 1-2
skills
Novice 3-4
Intermediate 5-6
Expert 7-8
Master 9-10.

The jutsu scroll will list the required skills in them... So obtain a jutsu scroll is useless Inless you have the skills to learn it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version