Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 66593
Latest: MeriBraund
New This Month: 2114
New This Week: 920
New Today: 317
Stats
Total Posts: 80968
Total Topics: 24669
Most Online Today: 1131
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1110
Total: 1126

Author Topic: Health and Chakra regen  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Health and Chakra regen
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 17:43:39 »
When we get kunai and shuriken + Taijutsu and Kenjutsu it'll be a lot different. Also keep practicing, because the more accurate you are with your jutsu, the more you'll have to use.
This is a really good point and I think people need to keep it in mind.

Most of the suggestions on here have already been made though. A stamina bar for physical actions has already been suggested numerous times.

I do, however like the idea of dodges not taking chakra or stamina and instead having a cooldown.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Crono

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Crono has no influence.
  • despacito
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 18:52:34 »
My opinions on chakra/stamina or whatever you want to call it usage

- Dodging should use only stamina
- Jutsu should use only chakra
- Running at high speeds and jumping should use stamina and some chakra.
Reason being is that Vreg said that the lines coming off the model when you run fast and jump are chakra which is being imbued into your movement and it would be stupid to only use up stamina if chakra is being thrown in the mix.

- There should be a stance to restore chakra quicker
- There should be a jutsu to restore health.
(First medical ninjutsu)

- Chakra and stamina (when it's implemented) should regenerate faster at lower speeds.
  • Character Name: Crono Hinode

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 19:03:49 »

Reason being is that Vreg said that the lines coming off the model when you run fast and jump are chakra which is being imbued into your movement and it would be stupid to only use up stamina if chakra is being thrown in the mix.

(First medical ninjutsu)

- Chakra and stamina (when it's implemented) should regenerate faster at lower speeds.

I believe that last part about Chakra/Stamina regen is already in place, in that you regenerate chakra faster when you're not actively engaged in combat (it's noticeable when you're constantly tracking that azure bar). As for the rest though, I'd still say I'm willing to wait for Char Customization to come out first, but I'd seriously be looking forward to that Medical Ninjutsu afterwards.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Isis

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 20:03:19 »

Most of the suggestions on here have already been made though. A stamina bar for physical actions has already been suggested numerous times.

I do, however like the idea of dodges not taking chakra or stamina and instead having a cooldown.

Yes I remember seeing those suggestions before. Although I'd still say it's a better idea than having a cooldown on stamina-related actions.

Because there are three actions that should consume stamina; which are running, double jumping, and dodging. These actions require different amounts of stamina. It wouldn't make sense if they all took from the same cooldown thing that was suggested. Also, later on in the game with character customization and character development, we hope to have the choice to increase our maximum stamina. It would make much more sense if it was a stat that can be increased and decreased depending on the weight carried, body, etc. 

So for example, a giant, ultra greatsword-weilding ninja shouldn't be allowed to dodge and run as much as a mobile ninja who's wielding daggers for example. Get what I mean?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 21:50:54 by Isis »
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 22:07:51 »
Yes I remember seeing those suggestions before. Although I'd still say it's a better idea than having a cooldown on stamina-related actions.

Because there are three actions that should consume stamina; which are running, double jumping, and dodging. These actions require different amounts of stamina. It wouldn't make sense if they all took from the same cooldown thing that was suggested. Also, later on in the game with character customization and character development, we hope to have the choice to increase our maximum stamina. It would make much more sense if it was a stat that can be increased and decreased depending on the weight carried, body, etc. 

So for example, a giant, ultra greatsword-weilding ninja shouldn't be allowed to dodge and run as much as a mobile ninja who's wielding daggers for example. Get what I mean?
Yeah of-course, like I said in a previous post, stamina would vary depending on several factors;
- Weight caused by armor, weaponry and items.
- Personal stats. I think that with every level gained, a ninja would have 'stat points' which they can allocate to wherever they wish. E.G; Strength, Chakra, Stamina, Speed etc...
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Manuster

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 22:11:05 »
Vreg mentioned a stamina bar in the future, he also said that feats that were beyond human ability would consume chakra as well as stamina, i.e double jumping, running at certain speeds.

To be honest, I don't think we need to worry about the amount of detail going into stamina. Vreg has really high standards in everything he's done so far. He'll definitely allow weight to affect stamina.

- Personal stats. I think that with every level gained, a ninja would have 'stat points' which they can allocate to wherever they wish. E.G; Strength, Chakra, Stamina, Speed etc...

Meh...stat points are unrealistic. There also will not be any levels whatsoever.

Running will make your running speed faster, jumping will make your jumping faster and higher. Dodging will make your dodging speed faster.

All of these will increase your total stamina. This game is aiming to be realistic, all of those are the most realistic option.

(First medical ninjutsu)

Crono had the right idea imo....
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 22:18:04 by Manuster »
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 02:57:44 »
Pretty much what Crono said, however I think chakra should regenerate very slowly, so much so that if you use up all your chakra in a battle its almost guaranteed that you wont be at full chakra even if you use none afterward. Shikamaru's fight with Temari for example, he gave up because he was out of chakra, he knew he was pretty much fucked after that even though he had caught her in shadow possession, and didn't want to waste the time and effort trying. Idk, to me it shouldn't be something like "oh no I can't use this jutsu, I've got to flee for a bit to gather my chakra" it should be "Oh no I can't use this jutsu because I wasn't careful with my chakra control, and now I have to flee/resort to taijutsu" . That's my opinion on it anyhow

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 03:53:38 »

Everyone knows that everything runs of of stamina right... Even making chakra takes stamina... That's why I think we need  a stamina bar.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:04 »
Pretty much what Crono said, however I think chakra should regenerate very slowly, so much so that if you use up all your chakra in a battle its almost guaranteed that you wont be at full chakra even if you use none afterward. Shikamaru's fight with Temari for example, he gave up because he was out of chakra, he knew he was pretty much fucked after that even though he had caught her in shadow possession, and didn't want to waste the time and effort trying. Idk, to me it shouldn't be something like "oh no I can't use this jutsu, I've got to flee for a bit to gather my chakra" it should be "Oh no I can't use this jutsu because I wasn't careful with my chakra control, and now I have to flee/resort to taijutsu" . That's my opinion on it anyhow
Chakra will regenerate slowly during battle, but how about; if you want faster chakra regen you have to be out of combat for at-least 5 seconds and hold down a button to regen chakra.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Manuster

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 12:02:43 »

Wasnt one of @cmsurfer's threads about this? I remember he had an idea that involved a certain number of chakra recharges before the user had to 'go to sleep' or rest or something...
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 12:29:40 »

Wasnt one of @cmsurfer's threads about this? I remember he had an idea that involved a certain number of chakra recharges before the user had to 'go to sleep' or rest or something...

That was ment for the final version of the game we are talking about what to implement now to help leed up to somthing like that.

The first thing we need is the stamina(PE= physical energy) bar and a PE regen rate. And the restrictions on how many times it regens befor you must eat.

This will open up the way to add kenjutsu and Taijutsu as well as work in to the number of times you can regenerat chakra.
And add consumable items. Like food to replenish the PE count. For this- sence we don't have a  inventory bag yet-they can just be a check point kind of deal. You run through it and you get full stamina again.
As stayed in my other thread if you get to -10 stamina you will faint and just be a target laying on the ground so make for the check point before you get to 0.
(For more information see the above mentioned thread)
At the same time a healing check point could be implemented to simulate a med pack item
To get your health back alittle.

Later we can add the fast PE regen
And chakra enhanced stamina jutsu's.
As well as invintory bags for the items we pick up at the check points.

SE regen is what your talking about @Manuster and that is the skills and experience part of the chakra that will be regenerated after you sleep.

This would come much much later after we have working character stats, skills and experience.

OF COURSE THIS IS ALL JUST MY IDEA OF HOW CHAKRA SOULD BE. AND IS ONLY RELEVENT IF THAT CHAKRA CONTROL THREAD IS ACTUALY USED. (Witch I doubt it will be)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 16:49:46 by cmsurfer »

Offline psychorx

• Genin Poster
  • psychorx has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 19:28:47 »
Hey,
I've been sparring with a couple members from my clan for the past 2 days and I have to say it's pretty fun; and to an extent competitive.

You have included the following fundamental functions which I am really impressed by;
-Dodging in all directions.
-Backflip, a fancy way to dodge by throwing yourself backwards.
-Several offensive Jutsu, needless to say 'Firebreath' is op and needs to be toned down. It can melt users in like 3 seconds.
-Chakra regeneration.

One thing that troubles me is chakra during combat, more specifically 1v1.
I fail to have a proper duel when I constantly have to stop and wait for a couple seconds (sometimes a minute) for my chakra gauge to fill up so that I can resume battle. My suggestion is for us to have a larger chakra pool, enough to be able to cast several abilities and dodge + run around above 50KPH. OR lower the chakra consumption rate of abilities and sprint + remove it for dodging.

This way battles will not only be far more enjoyable but users would also be able to last in constant combat (abilities + sprint) for longer than 45 seconds.
We should be able to charge up our chakra. I hate when I'm fighting with someone and my chakra runs out and I have to wait a while to continue and I hate even more when someone kills my prey because i didn't had enough chakra to do so.
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Gin

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 22:42:44 »
Hey,
I've been sparring with a couple members from my clan for the past 2 days and I have to say it's pretty fun; and to an extent competitive.

You have included the following fundamental functions which I am really impressed by;
-Dodging in all directions.
-Backflip, a fancy way to dodge by throwing yourself backwards.
-Several offensive Jutsu, needless to say 'Firebreath' is op and needs to be toned down. It can melt users in like 3 seconds.
-Chakra regeneration.

One thing that troubles me is chakra during combat, more specifically 1v1.
I fail to have a proper duel when I constantly have to stop and wait for a couple seconds (sometimes a minute) for my chakra gauge to fill up so that I can resume battle. My suggestion is for us to have a larger chakra pool, enough to be able to cast several abilities and dodge + run around above 50KPH. OR lower the chakra consumption rate of abilities and sprint + remove it for dodging.

This way battles will not only be far more enjoyable but users would also be able to last in constant combat (abilities + sprint) for longer than 45 seconds.
We should be able to charge up our chakra. I hate when I'm fighting with someone and my chakra runs out and I have to wait a while to continue and I hate even more when someone kills my prey because i didn't had enough chakra to do so.
You will be able to focus your chakra for more powerful attacks, and when it comes to charging chakra there will be a resting mode at which your chakra regenerates faster at the cost of making you incapacitated for while that happens. Chakra regeneration in general will also get more tweaked and balanced in the future as well.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline psychorx

• Genin Poster
  • psychorx has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 23:55:38 »
You will be able to focus your chakra for more powerful attacks, and when it comes to charging chakra there will be a resting mode at which your chakra regenerates faster at the cost of making you incapacitated for while that happens. Chakra regeneration in general will also get more tweaked and balanced in the future as well.
Oh, that sounds good! Thx for answering me.
  • Character Name: Kamakiri Gin

Offline mamoudou52404

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamoudou52404 has no influence.
  • "Can I get a 'hoyaaah'?"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: nah
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 01:09:15 »
. My suggestion is for us to have a larger chakra pool, enough to be able to cast several abilities and dodge + run around above 50KPH. OR lower the chakra consumption rate of abilities and sprint + remove it for dodging.

Health regen
Whenever we finish a fight, we have to get someone to kill us in order for our health to reset.
Could we have an option to restart our character with full health, or activate effective hp regen?
I agree with this post oo, I think the amount of chakra a jutsu takes and everythign is perfect for now, i wouldnt change that but I kinda wish we had some sort of chakra regeneration skill, maybe you would have to be completly still while doing it and the character would clap their hands together or something, i dont know :P
  • Character Name: Harukoo *Tsukegami?