Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64359
Latest: wholesale pharmacy
New This Month: 228
New This Week: 64
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 75634
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1112
Total: 1123
Lierferce
EdithSoure
Google (9)

Author Topic: Sighting system  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Gustavolegend

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Gustavolegend has no influence.
  • I'll fight to protect everyone on my side.
    • View Profile
    • FAQ
  • Clan: Nakai
  • Organization: Hyakki
Sighting system
« on: March 04, 2017, 00:51:26 »
I was thinking, 'wow, how cool would it be if I had a target system for 1vs1 battles,' but then I thought it would be cool if that system could change players in a certain area, say, 20 meters away, And the jutsus would chase him, so it would make more sense to the game's bypass system.
i hope you like this idea

• Character Name: Rito Nakai

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Sighting system
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 02:09:18 »
Um I am confused!!! Are you talking about a H.U.D. Like a FPS because NO!!!

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:35:26 »
I think he is talking about a lock-on system,like in dark souls or for honor.

Id like that.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 03:34:13 »
I think he is talking about a lock-on system,like in dark souls or for honor.

Id like that.

If so, there have been nuuuuuuumerous discussions on that. And the likely responses he's gonna get is;

"This has been planned"

but then I thought it would be cool if that system could change players in a certain area, say, 20 meters away, And the jutsus would chase him, so it would make more sense to the game's bypass system.

As for this part, it sounds as though you want the lock on system to have a range? So anyone within 20 metres can be targeted?

Is that what you mean when you say you want jutsu to 'chase' them?
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:54:36 »
How hard is it to hit your moves on other players? From the demo it seems like if everybody is moving with that much speed, it will be near impossible to hit your moves.

I noticed this as well, perhaps a lock-on system could be created. However, I know some people are entirely against that. :/

The speed you see in the current test versions are only for top shinobi. And you'll drain your chakra if you run that fast in a battle. Also, if we still see that it's hard to hit players then we'll slow down the limit.

2 years later

Our jumping and dodging mechanics have a lot of work left on them still, so before that there's really no point in thinking about a future mechanic that makes the current mechanic more sensible.

Besides that, I don't like the idea of a magical combat mode that all of a sudden makes your character less capable than he was a minute ago.
It's not "magical" it just nerfs how high you jump or make it cost more chakra.. Other MMOs do it because it creates balance.. What is the point in having a dodge mechanic if no one uses it because they get 100% dodge rate just by jumping (Which takes less buttons than dodging too)

I understand there is more work to come for the jumping and dodge mechanics but still.. This is a feature that should be considered in the future to balance pvp out. I see a lot of new players disregarding the unsaid rule we use to have of "Don't jump or you're just a bitch" lol.. Now they all do it, it takes about 30mins to land a jutsu, any jutsu, on them.. I'd much rather spend that time in a LoL game tbh.

Again, I understand there is still much work to go in but you just said you don't plan on such a feature ever being in the game so I am picturing an MMO, with more jutsu but to land one will still have you 30mins to do.

To sum up, there is a reason that big, popular MMOs have this feature and why their pvp is well loved by their communities. I'd strongly recommend reconsidering never having such a feature or something similar. :)
Nerfing the jump height is magical as it makes no logical sense.

Besides that, there will be height control in the actual jumping mechanic, and depending on how high you jump more energy will be used.

And finally, once all of our aiming and locking mechanics are in place, jumping won't save you from being defeated.

I'd like to advice you to use the 'search' function next time you wish to ask a question, or use the shoutbox

You're welcome
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:57:08 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Gustavolegend

• Academy Student Poster
  • Gustavolegend has no influence.
  • I'll fight to protect everyone on my side.
    • View Profile
    • FAQ
  • Clan: Nakai
  • Organization: Hyakki
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 12:43:47 »
For example: if you use the fireball jutsu, it will chase you for a certain period, but it will not be like a missile, if you divert it it passes straight and does not come back
  • Character Name: Rito Nakai

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 18:56:37 »

For example: if you use the fireball jutsu, it will chase you for a certain period, but it will not be like a missile, if you divert it it passes straight and does not come back

As I quoted previously:

And finally, once all of our aiming and locking mechanics are in place, jumping won't save you from being defeated.

To my understanding, it indicates the possibility that there will most certainly be jutsus that will have slight homing capabilities, as right now all jutsus can be evaded by jumping. (Unless your timing is really bad)

But just to be sure: @Vreg Do you have any plans on implementing jutsus that have slight homing capabilities?

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 21:38:30 »
I was thinking, 'wow, how cool would it be if I had a target system for 1vs1 battles,' but then I thought it would be cool if that system could change players in a certain area, say, 20 meters away, And the jutsus would chase him, so it would make more sense to the game's bypass system.
I like this suggestion. When players engage in combat (not strictly 1v1) there should be a relatively small radius where players can lock down targets for certain jutsu and melee weapons.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 22:35:35 »
I would prefer a soft lock like dragons dogma dark arisen, because its not going to prevent you from responding to attacks from behind but not the same as theirs so that you can lead targets and have to aim ranged things and your melee strikes, unlike for honor making you have tunnel vision lol tho tbh Im just going to sit here and see what they implement XP
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 02:47:16 »
I like this suggestion. When players engage in combat (not strictly 1v1) there should be a relatively small radius where players can lock down targets for certain jutsu and melee weapons.
I would agree but only limite it to Taijutsu and Kenjutsu. And it should not be automatic. Because it would be uncool to be targeting a player 50 yards from you with wind bullet and have some one run in front of you and force you to target them. A tab lock is a better idea so tab would lock on the closed target in side 20 meters. I would even suggest it be shortened to 15 meters.