Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 26
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 771
Total: 780
Google (9)

Author Topic: New question  (Read 9582 times)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

New question
« on: October 04, 2013, 17:01:36 »
So, I couldn't find this question anywhere on the forum, so if there is, point me to it and I'll delete the thread.
My question might be a bit ambiguous so I'll try to explain with an example:
If a jutsu you know has for example the hand seals Ox->Tiger->Snake and you learn a new one that has the seals Ox->Tiger->Snake->Ram would the first one be cast (Ox->Tiger->Snake) ?

Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
Re: New question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 17:40:55 »
i believe if u dont do the ram on time then yes

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 17:52:32 »
Ah great question, I haven't had to answer that one yet. I did think of this way back on the first days of Shinobi Life Online.

You're talking about a jutsu chain. When the jutsu recognition system detects that the user is able to perform jutsus that come after each other in a jutsu chain, he will ask the user if he wants to perform the detected jutsu (if it's not the last possible jutsu in a jutsu chain for the user) or continue with hand seal input. Performing a detected jutsu in a jutsu chain would happen with a button, while continuing seal input would be by just performing more seals.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 18:53:44 »
Oh, good to know that you already have this solved, I thought that it'll be a problem, but again you proved me wrong gratz Vreg  ;)
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 21:31:45 »
I wondered about this too, but I figured you'd probably have hotkeys anyway for casting jutsus. That or just make them one click-perform jutsus to avoid that problem all together.

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 23:04:44 »
I wondered about this too, but I figured you'd probably have hotkeys anyway for casting jutsus. That or just make them one click-perform jutsus to avoid that problem all together.
No out of the box jutsus, you'll have to give the right hand seal input just like they do in Naruto.

Offline misi4444

• Special Jonin Poster
  • misi4444 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:53:58 »
No out of the box jutsus, you'll have to give the right hand seal input just like they do in Naruto.
Then I will die often :D
  • Character Name: Yasei Kamakiri

Offline sagashima

• Genin Poster
  • sagashima has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 08:33:22 »
Then I will die often :D

Ohhh, i love doing handseals. But i need to learn them all. o_o

''Fiinţele umane sunt incapabile de a se inţelege cu adevărat reciproc.''  -Pain
                              "Humans are incapable of understanding each other."

Offline justforbusiness

• Special Jonin Poster
  • justforbusiness has no influence.
  • Kusogakure shall rise again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:02:51 »
or just learn to jutsus like naruto...

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 22:17:16 »
So just to make sure I got it, we have to execute the correct hand seal pattern to activate a jutsu?

If so then i got a couple related questions

1. I checked naruto wiki and theres apparently about 12 basic hand seals outside of the ones reserved for a clan/special technique. Does this mean that a good portion of the keyboard is going to be reserved for hand seals?

2. Will there be macros in the game?

3. How will we do the jutsus from the mobile version?

Offline Saitou

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Saitou has no influence.
  • Shoot dem questions !
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Hakuna Matata
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 22:33:26 »
You can have what i think it will be like..

For the first question, your answer  is Yes, you'll have to use the correct hand seals and in the correct order to perform the said jutsu.

---------
1. Yes, or at least i think. 12 hand-seals equal to 12 keys on your keyboard which you can choose which hand-seal binds to which key. you can use your f1,f2,f3 and so on to your extra mouse buttons on a gaming mouse. Hopefully, you'll be able to custom bind the hand-seals to your comfort.

2. I think macros should  exist for when some of the basic jutsus are fully mastered. Other than that, i dont support the ideas of having macros for everything because that would end the purpose of having a faster phased skill based game.

3. I cannot even think of how that'd work so you'll have to get your answer from Vreg.
  • Character Name: Saitou

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 23:42:59 »
So just to make sure I got it, we have to execute the correct hand seal pattern to activate a jutsu?
As Saitou said, correct hand seals and in the correct order. Therefore you'll have to memorize hand seals. This won't be too difficult as you won't get too many jutsus at your disposal right from the beginning. Once you've learned a new jutsu, the hand seals of the previous should already be burned in your brain.

I checked naruto wiki and theres apparently about 12 basic hand seals outside of the ones reserved for a clan/special technique. Does this mean that a good portion of the keyboard is going to be reserved for hand seals?
Yes, by default these keys will be used: TYUGHJVBNIOP Future Shinobi Life Online will allow you to bind keys.

Will there be macros in the game?
I think once you've mastered enough in a certain chakra nature, it could mean that you won't have to perform seals anymore for the basic jutsus of that nature. But actual macros that auto execute seals, that's not happening.

How will we do the jutsus from the mobile version?
There are 4 buttons, each of them can represent one of 3 seals. This gives us a total of 12 seals possible with just 4 buttons. You will be able to manually choose the seal of a button by hold-pressing it. You'll have to adjust the seal buttons to make them fit for a certain jutsu. I know this can be slow, hence there will be presents that you can define. These presets will allow you to quickly switch the assigned seals so that they fit different jutsus.

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:14 »
Will there be macros in the game?
I think once you've mastered enough in a certain chakra nature, it could mean that you won't have to perform seals anymore for the basic jutsus of that nature. But actual macros that auto execute seals, that's not happening.
Got it. But now what do you mean by you wont have to perform hand seals for the basics? Sounds like theres not going to be any icons to click because youre doing the actual hand seals. So lets say I mastered a good amount of my chakra nature and I want to perform a basic jutsu. How would i do it with no hand seals/icons/macros?

How will we do the jutsus from the mobile version?
There are 4 buttons, each of them can represent one of 3 seals. This gives us a total of 12 seals possible with just 4 buttons. You will be able to manually choose the seal of a button by hold-pressing it. You'll have to adjust the seal buttons to make them fit for a certain jutsu. I know this can be slow, hence there will be presents that you can define. These presets will allow you to quickly switch the assigned seals so that they fit different jutsus.
Brilliance. A touch of inconvenience, but overall brilliance, lol.
Ah damn.. new question now.. lets say Im trying to do a jutsu in the mobile version that requires 5 different hand seals? Am I just screwed or are jutsus on the mobile version going to be limited to 4 hand seals combinations?

Offline Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 19:03:34 »
Got it. But now what do you mean by you wont have to perform hand seals for the basics? Sounds like theres not going to be any icons to click because youre doing the actual hand seals. So lets say I mastered a good amount of my chakra nature and I want to perform a basic jutsu. How would i do it with no hand seals/icons/macros?
Imagine a key or a couple of keys that you can assign to those basic jutsus to.

Brilliance. A touch of inconvenience, but overall brilliance, lol.
Ah damn.. new question now.. lets say Im trying to do a jutsu in the mobile version that requires 5 different hand seals? Am I just screwed or are jutsus on the mobile version going to be limited to 4 hand seals combinations?
Each jutsu in the Shinobi Life Online universe can maximally use 4 different hand seals in its seal combination. So say I make a jutsu that officially needs more than 4 unique hand seals, then I'll adjust the hand seal combination to fit our universe.