Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 9
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 76731
Total Topics: 22275
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1016
Total: 1029
EdithSoure
Irinumn
Sherinkatug
Margaretkwx
Juliaafhm
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Kekkei Genkai ideas  (Read 38138 times)

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
Re: Kekkei Genkai ideas
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 17:10:40 »
Sounds kinda strong if its passive and has no drawbacks.
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 17:34:24 »
it only works if your chakra reserves are low, once full it stops. If that happens mid jutsu it will connect and you will take damage say from the flame jutsu all ready in game... the other thing is its week against genjutsu if you are c.c. then taijutsu can finish you... i wanted to put this up there because i think it would help people think of other ways to counter such a ability

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 17:53:56 »
Name of KG: Kasokudo

Description of KG: The kekkei genkai would allow the user to increase his or her speed past the limit which other shinobi are bound to (which I believe is 60 km/h). The clan born with this kekkei genkai would be naturally slightly faster than all other shinobi. And, would be able to increase their speed at a faster rate than other shinobi (in training). However, to use their Kekkei Genkai, their top speed must first reach 60 km/h. Then they can finally use their kekkei genkai. There will be no visible effects until their kekkei genkai is activated. Once activated, the "wind" behind the shinobi as they sprint should vastly increase, and they should have visible blue chakra around them, like shown here: https://gyazo.com/e271c03ed24ce9da29d2eae438aa583f . But without the lightning.

Effects of KG:
-The first stage of the ability would allow the user to accelerate from 0-60 at a much faster rate, and during this increased acceleration a small amount of chakra will be used. This won't be anything special. This must only be used a few times before the second stage.
-The second stage of the ability is where it gets interesting. This would require handsigns which are taught to you when you learn what your clan's abilities are (maybe early in the game, I'll make a post about this.) Once these handsigns are cast, the blue chakra around the user will form, with the increased wind, at which point the player will be left automatically on 60.1 km/h. At this point their chakra usage will go up to a set amount. As they train with the ability, they will be  able to increase their speed higher and higher, with no extra chakra penalty.
-Once they reach their top allowed speed (I suggest 70 km/h), the third stage will allow them to reach this speed with a very small chakra usage.

Summary: This jutsu would be useful for those who are rogues or hunters, who would need to escape extremely quickly, or catch up to targets. It would take a long time for users to increase their speed to the point where they can use the kekkei genkai, however, those who are born into the clan would already be naturally quick. Many will choose not to go after it, however some will, and they will be rewarded. Only high levels in the game will be able to take full advantage of the jutsu, but many will be born lucky.

Thanks for reading,

Kayleb
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 18:59:48 »
it only works if your chakra reserves are low, once full it stops. If that happens mid jutsu it will connect and you will take damage say from the flame jutsu all ready in game... the other thing is its week against genjutsu if you are c.c. then taijutsu can finish you... i wanted to put this up there because i think it would help people think of other ways to counter such a ability

Since genjutsu itself,doesnt cause any damage,and ninjutsus would be absorbed,you would be only vulnerable to taijutsu.
But if your opponent isnt skilled in taijutsu at all,the fight is pretty much over.
You would just have to spam very strong jutsus that consume a large ammount of chakra,so that you are always out of charka and able to absorb your enemies ninjutsu,s.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 19:21:01 »

Since genjutsu itself,doesn't cause any damage,and ninjutsus would be absorbed,you would be only vulnerable to taijutsu.

But if your opponent isnt skilled in taijutsu at all,the fight is pretty much over.
You would just have to spam very strong jutsus that consume a large ammount of chakra,so that you are always out of charka and able to absorb your enemies ninjutsu,s.

true but abilities such as these make people train  in more then ninjutsu.
even if there only basicly skilled at taijutsu if your opponent can't move because you have trained good genjutsu then a basic taijutsu is all you will need

this kind of ability is not without precedent either several naruto characters used abilities like this pain and kesama for starters
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 19:25:46 by cmsurfer »

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 20:30:14 »
This is a mmo,though.
With a lot of players,later.
And the majority of these player wont have such strong abbilities and they could be angry about that.
Things that work well in a anime or a singleplayer game,may not work so well in a online game.

even if there only basicly skilled at taijutsu if your opponent can't move because you have trained good genjutsu then a basic taijutsu is all you will need

So,a person who specializes in ninjutsu(for RP reasons or others)would have to be good at genjutsu and also has to have experience in taijutsu,while the user of this abbility doesnt need to do anything since the abbility is passive with no dissadvantages?
Besides....i think you expect a bit too much from genjutsus.
They wont perma stun you so that you can casually use basic taijutsu attacks to kill your opponent.

If it would be a active abbility with a cooldown,it would be fine.
But as a passive ability,it seems too OP to me.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 22:08:47 »
i don't see the problem... there are numerous ways of getting around this kind of ability either traps
genjutsu, ninja tools, bombs taijutsu, the only thing it makes ineffective is ninjutsu, and a high anuph ninjutsu or 2 or more ninjitsu attacks will still work as you can only absorb 1 chakra nature at a time... but if you think a cooldown would make it more fair then that's fine with me!!!!

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 04:52:36 »
I would kill this person with kunai, which every ninja should be carrying lol.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 07:24:58 »
there are numerous ways of getting around this kind of ability either traps
genjutsu, ninja tools, bombs taijutsu

Traps and bombs kinda fall in the same category as ninja tools,id say.
And genjutsu itself,doesnt do any damage.
So its basically just ninja tools and taijutsu.
We dont know yet how strong ninja tools will be,so i can only guess.
But i think they will rather be a small help,to your primary fighting style.
See,since i will be a taijutsu user(kenjutsu will be a sub category of taijutsu,if i remember correctly)it wouldnt bother me personally.
Bot for general balancing reasons,i think it would be better as a active abbility.
Sure,every ninja should carry a kunai.
But would you really expect to kill a strong and experienced player who played for a lot of months,with a little kunai?
A kunai is a nice supporting weapon,you can throw it,make traps with it,distract your enemy or just test his reflexes.
But as a main weapon,they seem kinda weak.
Tenten might do well with ninja tools,but you would have to be very experienced to learn that....and the time you spend to learn this,you would lack for your ninjutsu training.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 02:21:12 »

But would you really expect to kill a strong and experienced player who played for a lot of months,with a little kunai?
A kunai is a nice supporting weapon,you can throw it,make traps with it,distract your enemy or just test his reflexes.

YES!! I would expect to kill some one with a kunai if i hit there heart, jugular, liver, or eye socket
and even  genien are trained to target these!!!

think naruto's fight with zabuza if a kunai was no threat to a high class ninja he would have just let it hit him

and why is a earth style ninjutsu that makes physical attacks ineffective ok and one that makes ninjutsu ineffective not???
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:49:05 by cmsurfer »

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 03:12:09 »
lol! If I practice hard, and find an opening, yes I can hit an experienced player with a kunai
also there is luck, might have low-mid dmg per kunai or some ppl would only use those ( only a bad idea if we end up shooting them like a kunai gun )  :P

It will be possible to run into a ninja who is a bad match for your style, and get killed / run away/ beat them anyway.

It would be hard for a jutsu to nullify all ninjutsu or physical attacks without covering you completely, unless it is a responsive mesh that comes between player and weapon like Garra's sand moving or such.
Ppl relied on a combination of tools and "Jutsu" at the beginning of Naruto, because they had slightly realistic limits, unlike some later episodes.  I would not worry about convincing ppl, its enough to have the idea out there cmsurfer, it is not a bad idea, maybe difficult to implement because of how attacks will be coded.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 06:08:12 »
@cmsurfer
I dont know how often i have to repeat this:
This is a mmorpg!(or it will be one later)
This is not real life,its not a anime and its not a first person shooter!

You will not be able to,,aim for the heart''and one shot a experienced player with a kunai.
Really,im sorry if this sounds rude,but some people act like they never played a mmorpg before.
In MMORPG,s you always need to keep in mind the balancing and the character progression aspect of the game.
If kunais could oneshot players and dont require much training,there would be no reason to train jutsus at all,if even chidori or other jutsus need more than 1 hit to kill someone.

and why is a earth style ninjutsu that makes physical attacks ineffective ok and one that makes ninjutsu ineffective not???

Who said it would be ok?
I didnt.
It would be okay if its not a passive ability,but not as a passive ability without any flaws.

Once more:
You cant make a mmorpg that is EXACTLY like naruto(or bleach,one piece or....)because its not a anime,its a mmorpg.
In a singleplayer game,it could work out better because there,balancing isnt so important.
But in a mmorpg you never play alone(unless you play a cheap made 2D-asiagrinder where everyone is using bots....then you would indeed play alone)so you always have to keep in mind that other players want to have fun too,and they may not be so happy if a ability that they dont have is too strong.
Also,a big part of mmorpg,s is to get better equipment or train your character so he does more damage or can take more damage,for example.
Getting oneshot after training and equiping your character for months,wouldnt go well with a mmorpg.
It would be even worse in this game,because there will be perma death.
I doubt that you would be happy if you invest 1 year in your character and then some random player kills you with 1 kunai attack all of a sudden.

Thats all from my side.
You suggested your idea and i gave my feedback.
Its up to vreg if he implements it or not.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 23:15:39 »
well back to kekkei genkai ideas

we got kinda off topic

Kekkei Genkai Name:Lycan style

Kekkei Genkai Description:you take on wolf like characteristics.

Kekkei Genkai Effects:stamina smell and endurance are all increased by gradual amounts at the start and greatly at higher ranks

Kekkei Genkai Rank:D-A

Would it have different paths and skill sets?:(D-S)
D= tree skill stamina, smell and endurance modifiers

C=tree skill sniff out chakra(sensory ability)

B=tree skill enables wolf pac summons

A=(scroll needed) learn lycan style taijutsu
         "                 learn lycan style ninjutsu
          "                learn lycan style genjutsu

Would it have Jutsu?

ok to start with is wolf pac summons you received this after defeating 5 or 50 wolves in battle what ever seems more real?
the summons works like a long range ninjutsu that summons 5  wolves that track the target-
upon contact the jutsu resolves and wolves disappear

only one lycan style scroll can be learned
taijutsu scroll = a unique taijutsu combo that  drains chakra only (no physical damage)
ninjutsu scroll= a combination wind and earth style ninjutsu in the shape of a wolf
genjutsu scroll= a howling genjutsu, audible effect puts fear in your enemy causing temporary paralysis- anyone in earshot is effected but only effective at mid-short range.  and there is no target for this effect

meaning friendlies are effected as well  was thinking of a good halloween kekkei genkai
sense there going to happen at random and mutations were mentioned in the FAQ
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 23:26:13 by cmsurfer »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 05:37:57 »

we got kinda off topic

Kekkei Genkai Effects:stamina smell and endurance are all increased by gradual amounts at the start and greatly at higher ranks

Would it have Jutsu?

ok to start with is wolf pac summons you received this after defeating 5 or 50 wolves in battle what ever seems more real?
the summons works like a long range ninjutsu that summons 5  wolves that track the target-

taijutsu scroll = a unique taijutsu combo that  drains chakra only (no physical damage)
ninjutsu scroll= a combination wind and earth style ninjutsu in the shape of a wolf
genjutsu scroll= a howling genjutsu, audible effect puts fear in your enemy causing temporary paralysis- anyone in earshot is effected but only effective at mid-short range.  and there is no target for this effect

meaning friendlies are effected as well  was thinking of a good halloween kekkei genkai

I believe Lycanthropy would be a better name :P.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 13:44:15 »

we got kinda off topic

Would it have Jutsu?

I believe Lycanthropy would be a better name :P.

I ca see an org now called teen wolves
  • Character Name: Isei