Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64676
Latest: PatrickLor
New This Month: 197
New This Week: 29
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 78676
Total Topics: 23660
Most Online Today: 1382
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1031
Total: 1046

Poll

What will be your starting village?

The village hidden by Hills
The village hidden by Thunder
The village hidden by Forest
The village hidden by Volcano
The village hidden by Haze
The village hidden by Snow
The village hidden by Ash
The village hidden by Inferno
The village hidden by Metal
The village hidden by Dust
The village hidden by Shock Waves

Author Topic: Choose your village  (Read 45891 times)

Offline xbrok3nx7

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • xbrok3nx7 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose your village
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2015, 16:14:09 »
I didn't decide yet.Snow is my favourite one beacuse I'd like to live there because I love snow,but I prefer fire,thunder elements (wind is interesting too)  :'(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 16:16:07 by xbrok3nx7 »
  • Character Name: Sasuke Uchiha

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2015, 16:34:09 »
I didn't decide yet.Snow is my favourite one beacuse I'd like to live there because I love snow,but I prefer fire,thunder elements (wind is interesting too)  :'(

You can always start in a different village and migrate to your most preferred one.
Not sure if that satisfies you though.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2015, 16:44:39 »
I have a couple of questions about this and I really do hope this is the appropriate place to ask them. If not, can someone please direct me where?

1. What are the differences between the villages besides the chakra natures?

Chakra natures are from the end all in 'canon', since modes/styles of fighting and specialization vary among the villages (i.e. Mist/Cloud's tendency to have people who use kenjutsu (sword fighting), kugutsu and tessenjutsu (puppets and fans) in Sunagakure, or how Amegakure was apparently reliant on poisons and genjutsu)

Adding to wanting more information on specialization/techniques common amongst the shinobi of specific villages, what are the political situations? These are different countries we're talking about, so each one would have a definite difference, sociopolitically. Are some villages poorer than others? Are some rife with tension?

I'm just asking this because it seems like a bad idea to base off a decision on where your character belongs soley on chakra natures and the names of villages. For all we know, the village of Inferno can specialize in genjutsu making the person merely think they're burning alive and not actually much to do with infernos unless we're talking about blaze release.

2. Maybe this is too nitpicky but I think other people will notice (and I'm sure someone besides me has) but some of the names you have for the villages are in Romaji? Are these mostly placeholder names until you guys have a writing team and someone who speaks Japanese that can re work the names to not be romaji-based? I'm speaking about words like Heizugakure or Inferunogakure, the latter would work just as well with Taikagakure, I believe.
1. Most of that DOES make sense, but think, do you really want villages to bound you in the way you CAN go, when it's supposed to be a realistic game, pretty sure people would like to have good stats in ninjutsu BUT want to have lightning and water as their chakra natures, but starting in Kinzokugakure (Hidden Metal) gives you better stats at kenjutsu and poor stats in ninjutsu? Or you want to be a puppeteer with lightning and water as your elements but starting in Kaminarigakure makes you the worst puppeteer and gives you good kenjutsu skills?

I'm not really okay with the team making a political and military situation template for each village and the villagers just have to roleplay to fit the template, the players should be the ones making the situations, like the Kage of, lets say, Kaminarigakure made some poor decision and lost half of it's troops in war, the situation wasn't because of the staff, rather because the Kage (who is a player)wasn't worthy of being Kage, and got there because of, let's say, bribing the people of the village with lots of good stuff.

The economical status should be made into equal for every village at the start, but then left to the players to better or worsen it.

2. I'm pretty sure that leaving them in Romaji is the best decision, seeing as this game is not JUST for the Japanese audience, rather for a global audience, and making the village names Kanji wouldn't really help attract players, unless you release different versions of the game to different regions, in which case the names in the English speaking part of the world will have to have either Romaji names (like Kaminarigakure) or English names (like The Village Hidden by Thunder).

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong in all this, would be glad to have my eyes opened.

• Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2015, 20:45:21 »
Lol I'm here still waiting to see what the village symbols will look like
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Hinageshi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Hinageshi has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2015, 21:37:34 »

1. Most of that DOES make sense, but think, do you really want villages to bound you in the way you CAN go, when it's supposed to be a realistic game, pretty sure people would like to have good stats in ninjutsu BUT want to have lightning and water as their chakra natures, but starting in Kinzokugakure (Hidden Metal) gives you better stats at kenjutsu and poor stats in ninjutsu? Or you want to be a puppeteer with lightning and water as your elements but starting in Kaminarigakure makes you the worst puppeteer and gives you good kenjutsu skills?

I'm not really okay with the team making a political and military situation template for each village and the villagers just have to roleplay to fit the template, the players should be the ones making the situations, like the Kage of, lets say, Kaminarigakure made some poor decision and lost half of it's troops in war, the situation wasn't because of the staff, rather because the Kage (who is a player)wasn't worthy of being Kage, and got there because of, let's say, bribing the people of the village with lots of good stuff.

The economical status should be made into equal for every village at the start, but then left to the players to better or worsen it.

2. I'm pretty sure that leaving them in Romaji is the best decision, seeing as this game is not JUST for the Japanese audience, rather for a global audience, and making the village names Kanji wouldn't really help attract players, unless you release different versions of the game to different regions, in which case the names in the English speaking part of the world will have to have either Romaji names (like Kaminarigakure) or English names (like The Village Hidden by Thunder).

Feel free to point out where I'm wrong in all this, would be glad to have my eyes opened.

1. While I understand the lure of player's choice in shaping their villages, there's supposed to be lots of world-building done beforehand to help with immersion, I believe. It's not even totally about the economic situation, more that there's a kind of difference in doing things. Or maybe some villages won't have as much missions in one-rank as the other to begin with, though this could change with more players gaining the rank. Or, to bring specialization, some villages have more missions of a certain type, like Haze having more infiltration/assassination missions than Ash, and Thunder having more outright fights or bounties available. Not saying that only these missions would be available, but it's not about strict pigeon-holing, but more about ease and expanded opportunity in areas.

And while it's not a specific strict bound kind of thing, like the way you put it. More like it's what available. For example, someone born in Hidden Metal isn't automatically better at puppet-jutsu than someone from Dust. It could be that you're just more likely to buy and learn puppet-using techniques in Metal than Dust, or that they will be more advanced in one village for learning (and of course the ninja can learn all the techniques eventually but it'll take longer with person whose not in a village that specializes). And the puppets you can buy being of higher quality.

I just feel like that would be truer to canon and more interesting. Naruto had to go ask Asuma for help with his wind-training, remember, because he had an uncommon trait in his village. Thus someone from Konoha interested in fan-jutsu, specifically for ones where use them like Temari does (wind-infused), would have to look farther for ways to learn about it than someone simply born in suna who can probably just go to the library or buy a scroll from a merchant.

In mmorpg terms, think of this way certain races/factions are set up. While they share classes, there are race-specific variations and of course, specializations.

2. I should have actually been clearer, my bad. I meant more like in the sense of using clearly roman/english words when there are Japanese versions. Example 'Inferno', which is Inferuno when said in Japanese, instead something else that means the same thing (like conflagration), which would be 'Taika'. So you want a village hidden in massive flames that swallow everything up, which would work just as well as 'taikanogakure' as 'inferunogakure', just be less awkward? Idk, i know this is a massive nitpick however, feel free to call it bull.
  • Character Name: Okuni

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:59 »

1. While I understand the lure of player's choice in shaping their villages, there's supposed to be lots of world-building done beforehand to help with immersion, I believe. It's not even totally about the economic situation, more that there's a kind of difference in doing things. Or maybe some villages won't have as much missions in one-rank as the other to begin with, though this could change with more players gaining the rank. Or, to bring specialization, some villages have more missions of a certain type, like Haze having more infiltration/assassination missions than Ash, and Thunder having more outright fights or bounties available. Not saying that only these missions would be available, but it's not about strict pigeon-holing, but more about ease and expanded opportunity in areas.

And while it's not a specific strict bound kind of thing, like the way you put it. More like it's what available. For example, someone born in Hidden Metal isn't automatically better at puppet-jutsu than someone from Dust. It could be that you're just more likely to buy and learn puppet-using techniques in Metal than Dust, or that they will be more advanced in one village for learning (and of course the ninja can learn all the techniques eventually but it'll take longer with person whose not in a village that specializes). And the puppets you can buy being of higher quality.

I just feel like that would be truer to canon and more interesting. Naruto had to go ask Asuma for help with his wind-training, remember, because he had an uncommon trait in his village. Thus someone from Konoha interested in fan-jutsu, specifically for ones where use them like Temari does (wind-infused), would have to look farther for ways to learn about it than someone simply born in suna who can probably just go to the library or buy a scroll from a merchant.

In mmorpg terms, think of this way certain races/factions are set up. While they share classes, there are race-specific variations and of course, specializations.

2. I should have actually been clearer, my bad. I meant more like in the sense of using clearly roman/english words when there are Japanese versions. Example 'Inferno', which is Inferuno when said in Japanese, instead something else that means the same thing (like conflagration), which would be 'Taika'. So you want a village hidden in massive flames that swallow everything up, which would work just as well as 'taikanogakure' as 'inferunogakure', just be less awkward? Idk, i know this is a massive nitpick however, feel free to call it bull.

1. I think that there will be two kinds of quests in each village, ones given by the NPC and the ones given by the Kage, so I guess it'd make sense to do what you're saying with the NPC quests. I do agree that they will have to make the situations a default in each village at the start, but perhaps I didn't convey myself to you as I was meaning to in my last message, what I meant was the team shouldn't make a permanent military, political and economical situation for each village, but they do have to start somewhere, so I guess the starting situations will be based on the lore of each village or something.

The way you put it now, makes sense, forgive me for not understanding it the first time, I was quite sleepy :P.

2. Well, the names are conveying a Japanese feel to the game while you can still understand it a bit (but I guess japanese names in English letters are already there, so doesn't make that much of a difference, like Kaminarigakure xD), and they are literal, inferno basically means hell, right? And Inferunogakure is underground, with volcanos I bet xD. Same with every other village, Kaminarigakure(Hidden Thunder) has a thunderstorm 24/7, and Kinzogakure(Hidden Metal) is hidden by mountains which have a lot of metal in them etc. Perhaps, it could work if we used the japanese version of hell? Then it'd be hidden hell :P Idk >.<. I don't think this is a nitpick xD, every suggestion helps :).

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2015, 08:58:05 »
I have a couple of questions about this and I really do hope this is the appropriate place to ask them. If not, can someone please direct me where?

1. What are the differences between the villages besides the chakra natures?

Chakra natures are from the end all in 'canon', since modes/styles of fighting and specialization vary among the villages (i.e. Mist/Cloud's tendency to have people who use kenjutsu (sword fighting), kugutsu and tessenjutsu (puppets and fans) in Sunagakure, or how Amegakure was apparently reliant on poisons and genjutsu)

Adding to wanting more information on specialization/techniques common amongst the shinobi of specific villages, what are the political situations? These are different countries we're talking about, so each one would have a definite difference, sociopolitically. Are some villages poorer than others? Are some rife with tension?

I'm just asking this because it seems like a bad idea to base off a decision on where your character belongs soley on chakra natures and the names of villages. For all we know, the village of Inferno can specialize in genjutsu making the person merely think they're burning alive and not actually much to do with infernos unless we're talking about blaze release.

2. Maybe this is too nitpicky but I think other people will notice (and I'm sure someone besides me has) but some of the names you have for the villages are in Romaji? Are these mostly placeholder names until you guys have a writing team and someone who speaks Japanese that can re work the names to not be romaji-based? I'm speaking about words like Heizugakure or Inferunogakure, the latter would work just as well with Taikagakure, I believe.

First idea is interesting but I'm not sure how many people would want it in game. Having to have a certain two chakra natures AND a certain fighting style when joining a village wouldn't give too much room for originality and choice.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline xbrok3nx7

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2015, 15:20:44 »

You can always start in a different village and migrate to your most preferred one.
I love chakra nature of Inferno,but I'd like to live in Snow,if I could start from Inferno,learn fire and thunder and then I would migrate to Snow that will be great,but it won't have sense,because in this way the relation between chakra nature and village will be useless.If they want,it will be create 5 or 6 villages when players can decide 2 chakra natures to learn among 3 types for example.Oh,how admins will treat ocular abilities?(I would choose sharingan).I think that people that don't choose any ocular abilities could learn other special abilities

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2015, 15:31:00 »

I love chakra nature of Inferno,but I'd like to live in Snow,if I could start from Inferno,learn fire and thunder and then I would migrate to Snow that will be great,but it won't have sense,because in this way the relation between chakra nature and village will be useless.If they want,it will be create 5 or 6 villages when players can decide 2 chakra natures to learn among 3 types for example.Oh,how admins will treat ocular abilities?(I would choose sharingan).I think that people that don't choose any ocular abilities could learn other special abilities

Just giving you an heads up, There will be no Sharingan in this game.
Nothing from the original naruto series will be in the game, so no sharingan/byakugan/rinnegan no rasengan etc.
The game will be inspired by naruto but won't have anything from the original series.
As for the other stuff you said, I'm not quite sure how it will work all I know is that you can start in one village and then migrate.
You will most likely get the natures from the village you started out in, but who knows.

Offline xbrok3nx7

• Academy Student Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2015, 20:25:17 »

Just giving you an heads up, There will be no Sharingan in this game.
Nothing from the original naruto series will be in the game, so no sharingan/byakugan/rinnegan no rasengan etc.
The game will be inspired by naruto but won't have anything from the original series.
As for the other stuff you said, I'm not quite sure how it will work all I know is that you can start in one village and then migrate.
You will most likely get the natures from the village you started out in, but who knows.
I understand.When the game will comes out we will know how it works

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2015, 00:31:03 »
METAL WALL JUTSU.
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2015, 10:26:01 »
METAL WALL JUTSU.
what? how does that relate to the thread?

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2015, 10:26:54 »
METAL WALL JUTSU.
what? how does that relate to the thread?
kek i wonder how two lol
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai