Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64344
Latest: ppu-pro_tync
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 49
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 75559
Total Topics: 21487
Most Online Today: 1116
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 946
Total: 956

Author Topic: Genjutsu Mechanism  (Read 18204 times)

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Genjutsu Mechanism
« on: May 11, 2014, 17:46:17 »
In the FAQ the way genjutsu will work was still marked TBD. I'd like to give a suggestion.

The genjutsu in Shinobi Life Online works by casting it on the enemy without him being inflicted with damage then he is stunned, certain attributes will decrease like evasion, defense and accuracy for a period of time. Visually, the environment will create an illusion visible to every body then the caster will attack the enemy with a physical attack or taijutsu while the genjutsu is still in effect. Another way will disturb the control mechanism of the enemy, say if he wishes to move left he will be directed to the right, if wants to run the character will sit or the like. How does that sound?

• Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
Re: Genjutsu Mechanism
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 18:05:51 »
I actually really like that idea, however I don't think they will implement it because all people will have to do is hit someone with a genjustsu and while they are stunned, have their buddy blast the dude with his strongest ninjustu. Instant K.O. everytime lol. I feel like people would just gang up on each other
all the time and people wouldn't even have a chance to fight back. Then again, this is a Naruto simulator right?   
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 18:08:02 »
In the FAQ the way genjutsu will work was still marked TBD. I'd like to give a suggestion.

The genjutsu in Shinobi Life Online works by casting it on the enemy without him being inflicted with damage then he is stunned, certain attributes will decrease like evasion, defense and accuracy for a period of time. Visually, the environment will create an illusion visible to every body then the caster will attack the enemy with a physical attack or taijutsu while the genjutsu is still in effect. Another way will disturb the control mechanism of the enemy, say if he wishes to move left he will be directed to the right, if wants to run the character will sit or the like. How does that sound?
There are many things to be considered about genjutsu, including a way of snapping out of 'em.

I actually really like that idea, however I don't think they will implement it because all people will have to do is hit someone with a genjustsu and while they are stunned, have their buddy blast the dude with his strongest ninjustu. Instant K.O. everytime lol. I feel like people would just gang up on each other
all the time and people wouldn't even have a chance to fight back. Then again, this is a Naruto simulator right?   
That's why the player who's caught in a genjutsu should first have a chance to release it, or have someone else who isn't caught release it for them. Otherways it's just automatic death.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline RyoHazuki

• Genin Poster
  • RyoHazuki has no influence.
  • Have you seen any sailors?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 18:40:34 »
Yeah, but how will they come up with a system that is fair to both players? It will be interesting to see which direction they take with this.
  • Character Name: Ryo
When does a ninja strike?

A ninja waits until the time is right. When his enemy sleeps and drops his guard. When his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike.

Offline Sented

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sented has no influence.
  • Looking forward to this project. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 18:44:41 »
This genjustu one is a bit tricky gada say.

Offline Without Regrets

• Genin Poster
  • Without Regrets has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 22:50:15 »
This and the Rank Mechanism have to be the hardest things or maybe trickiest things to consider although rank system just edges out in importance for me .What they both have in common Rank and Genjutsu is that it has to be spot on other wise the consequences or disadvantages will affect the whole game Mechanism.Would love to see a full explanation for both Rank and Genjutsu in Shinobi Life Online.
  • Character Name: Laiken
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt."

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 23:53:28 »
i think the visual environment should change for both the caster and the foe, the foe will have a 10% chance of releasing the genjutsu by pressing e.g 1. this button should not change, it should always be the same. the chance of releasing the genjutsu decreases if the jutsu is very strong. however, there should be a skill called genjutsu releasing or something, that will allow u to increase the releasing rate of the genjutsu. if the foe fails to release the genjutsu, ur immobilized but so is the caster. just like in naruto, u have to stand still to use genjutsu. releasing the genjutsu from the outside, will be much easier. releasing from the outside will have, lets say, a 60% releasing rate. the genjutsu should have a wide range, if u cast it and there are several people around u they will all be caught in the genjutsu. thats basically my idea. hope u guys like it^^
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 00:08:07 »
Reading some of your comments I think we are in one accord.
I'd like to add some specific system to make it fair.

A maximum of 5 seconds for genjutsu is not too much, the victim's decrease in attribute will not be tremendous, say -1 for evasion, -2 for accuracy, -1 for defense. To be fair let us give a genjutsu skill a very long cool down time to avoid repetitive, abusive use coupled with a high amount of chakra consumption. The user who has not mastered it will start with a very low percentage of success. Since the caster has used a lot of chakra he will be careful in choosing an attack which is usually something that requires less chakra. This will prompt everyone to learn to genjutsu release. If ever the victim was successful in countering the genjutsu he now has the advantage because the caster is already exhausted from large chakra depletion. This makes genjutsu dangerous both to the user and the victim.
FUN.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 05:16:26 »
i think the visual environment should change for both the caster and the foe, the foe will have a 10% chance of releasing the genjutsu by pressing e.g 1. this button should not change, it should always be the same. the chance of releasing the genjutsu decreases if the jutsu is very strong. however, there should be a skill called genjutsu releasing or something, that will allow u to increase the releasing rate of the genjutsu. if the foe fails to release the genjutsu, ur immobilized but so is the caster. just like in naruto, u have to stand still to use genjutsu. releasing the genjutsu from the outside, will be much easier. releasing from the outside will have, lets say, a 60% releasing rate. the genjutsu should have a wide range, if u cast it and there are several people around u they will all be caught in the genjutsu. thats basically my idea. hope u guys like it^^
10 % chance to release is far from enough...
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 10:48:58 »
10 % chance to release is far from enough...
i tought so, but it was just an example.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 17:56:54 »
The initial plan was to make genjutsu a small set of skills for all players to obtain with little training. But it seems that making it into a full category of techniques with the usual 20 jutsus with 3 levels each might be a better idea.

Stuff like illusions, visual imparities, stuns and disorientation (control-wise and camera-wise) would definitely be present in the above mentioned category of genjutsu.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 15:34:19 »
The initial plan was to make genjutsu a small set of skills for all players to obtain with little training. But it seems that making it into a full category of techniques with the usual 20 jutsus with 3 levels each might be a better idea.

Stuff like illusions, visual imparities, stuns and disorientation (control-wise and camera-wise) would definitely be present in the above mentioned category of genjutsu.

Oh seriously? I love you Vreg.... straight to my kokoro.

Happy, i thought genjutsu will not be given much attention. To whom will it be paterned, Yuhi, Uchiha, Second Mizukage? No specific? Combination?

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 13:24:15 »
I am also thinking for the genjutsu to be fair we implement no double or multiple casting. Say, you apply paralysis, all other genjutsu skills become locked, and can be used again after the first one has already lose its effect. Neither can another genjutsu caster use another to enhance the effect. These will avoid piling ups and complete disadvantage to the victim.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 13:40:02 »
Everything will be fair and rational don't worry.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 07:30:14 »
I don't think it should be fair, if you're caught in a genjutsu in Naruto what's going to happen? People in Naruto know that a Genjutsu, with an exception of the Izanami, which is through physical sensation and not eye-sight, is cast through eye-sight. Thus, Genjutsu would probably be difficult to cast at times. So if you are going to do the '20 jutsus 3 levels each' thing', then why make Genjutsu fair? You can compensate Genjutsu by making Genjutsu really hard to cast at first, and slowly increase the success rate as you move up in strength. This, in a way, makes it fair. People will be forced to never rely on Genjutsu, and majority people will, if they /can/ use it, be forced to use it either immediatly or as a last ditch effort. So yea, just make the success rate of Genjutsu low instead of changing the idea of a Genjutsu in such a drastic way. Most Gen Jutsus are to freeze opponents and what not making it an easy kill, so why change that? Just compensate by making it extremely difficult to cast and slowly increase success rate ^^ Just never too high because OP people will be OP!

On another thought, if you create 20 jutsus for Genjutsu, I can only assume that, like in Naruto, some Genjutsus won't be for the sole purpose of getting an easy kill. There are some Genjutsus that are used for utility and what not.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...