Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64400
Latest: Pedroagips
New This Month: 269
New This Week: 30
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 75808
Total Topics: 21611
Most Online Today: 1139
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1009
Total: 1021
Arnoldwph
Ivanyvg
EdithSoure
Sergvgq
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Genjutsu Mechanism  (Read 18580 times)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Genjutsu Mechanism
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 10:10:02 »
I don't think it should be fair, if you're caught in a genjutsu in Naruto what's going to happen? People in Naruto know that a Genjutsu, with an exception of the Izanami, which is through physical sensation and not eye-sight, is cast through eye-sight.
Actually there are many types of genjutsu. Those casted through the Sharingan require eye contact. But even some of those don't like Shishui's Koto. And if you remember when Kakashi Naruto Sakura and Chiyo met Itachi, he caught Naruto in a genjutsu even though the two didn't make direct eye contact. There're also auditive genjutsu like those two toads who caught Pain or Tayuya's.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:48 »
I don't think it should be fair, if you're caught in a genjutsu in Naruto what's going to happen? People in Naruto know that a Genjutsu, with an exception of the Izanami, which is through physical sensation and not eye-sight, is cast through eye-sight.
Actually there are many types of genjutsu. Those casted through the Sharingan require eye contact. But even some of those don't like Shishui's Koto. And if you remember when Kakashi Naruto Sakura and Chiyo met Itachi, he caught Naruto in a genjutsu even though the two didn't make direct eye contact. There're also auditive genjutsu like those two toads who caught Pain or Tayuya's.

You're soo right in too many ways (y)... Genjutsus are confusing after all, they are different from everything else. But I know Shinobi Life OnlineTeam is going to have a bright idea (if they doesn't have it already)  and bring it to Shinobi Life Online. Could be good idea just make some genjutsus like stun the opponent or change the controls. I don't know, could be.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:36 »

You're soo right in too many ways (y)... Genjutsus are confusing after all, they are different from everything else. But I know Shinobi Life OnlineTeam is going to have a bright idea (if they doesn't have it already)  and bring it to Shinobi Life Online. Could be good idea just make some genjutsus like stun the opponent or change the controls. I don't know, could be.
Those that would change the controls (like you press W and the char goes backwards) would be very cool. If you remember Tsunade did something similar to Kabuto, he was trying to move his left arm and his right leg was moving. The difference being: that was med ninjutsu. But still I think it'd work well as a genjutsu
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 19:38:16 »
:P I didn't say that every single Genjutsu was visual, and I gave an example of an exception. Whatever you decide to do with Genjutsu is up to the team, and I have no doubt it won't be great.

Yes, it would be a good idea and it would suffice to just freeze an opponent.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 00:59:16 »
I think that there should also be Genjutsu Reversal, like what Itachi used on Kurenai. If the person is powerful enough in Genjutsu, then they can reverse the effect to the original user.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 00:40:20 by Kusanagi »
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 02:08:44 »
I think that there should also be Genjutsu Reversal, like what Itachi used on Kurenai. If the person is powerful enough in
Genjutsu, then they can reverse the effect to the original user.

This sounds fairly amazing to me. If someone spends an absurd amount of time solely in Genjutsu and master it, out of the 20~ Genjutsus they can learn, at least one should be a
'Back-at-you' jutsu.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
  • Master has no influence.
  • DiviAngel- To be in game name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 08:58:24 »
Ok threw reading most of this forum i wanted to give some of my idea's about Genjutsu or 1 of the forums.

Genjutsu should not mess with the controls of the player until hit with advanced versions.
giving said that, Example of 1 low level genjutsu.
(When cast on the player anyone in a 100m radios looks like the caster, thus this person is now confused to who his real target is.
This jutsu will last 30 seconds unless the Victim knows one of 3 different genjutsu release techniques each varying in strength and success.

Now one of the more advanced ones, would instead switch all the players models for that 1 person so he does not know who is who, also scrambling his walking keys and making his jutsu signs go 30-50% slower in casting.
Meaning has power

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • J-man has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 21:29:41 »
I have an ideea on how genjutsu would work,they would not inflict any damage and are not debuffs either, they would be made to confuse the enemy and use that to your advantage,for example a gennin level genjutsu would work like this: you create a clone  that does  the exact same things as you  but only you deal damage not the clone and if used properly this jutsu can spare you a hit(the clone would disappear after a succesful hit/jutsu on it like a kage bunshin ) what im saying is that genjutsu should be made for confusion not damage/debuffs as i've seen the handseals ideea and ROCKS so why not genjutsu be realistic to? another example would be something like a Hell genjutsu in wich the victim/victims see flames everywhere and they think they take  damage but they dont,so assuming we have a health bar the victim can get confused and act in a completly wrong situation,if you dont understand me cuz im stupid than ill explain like this:because he thinks he gets damaged (because my ideea is that genjutsu have hand signs but there is not voice that says genjutsu) he will maybe do a mistake like heal. dodge a fake atack etc :D i know its long and that im stupid but read and consider please

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • J-man has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 21:52:24 »
Gejutsu should be made to deal damage without dealing damage,like  some flames the user and target see but they dont damage only make the victim see as if they would take damage,like roots that snare the target but only the victim and the user see

Offline Spudmcstud

• Academy Student Poster
  • Spudmcstud has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 23:11:39 »
What if like some others have said there are flames in the genjutsu that take fake damage, but since genjutsu is about the mind, if you lose all your hp from this you are knocked since your body thinks you are.  Another thing, one control oriented genjutsu might be when you move forward it moves you back instead and left is right.  It would be confusing but with time you can work with it. 
  • Character Name: SpudMcStud

Offline AugustRed

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • AugustRed has no influence.
  • Ex - Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 02:25:42 »
seeing how genjutsu will be implemented would be great since it is my favorite type of jutsu

Offline Fireshock

• Academy Student Poster
  • Fireshock has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 21:16:53 »
I think that genjutsu, EXACTLY the way it is presented in the anime, has potential to be truly awesome in mmorpg setting.

What I mean by exactly like in anime?
In anime they can only release genjutsu with that release handsing thing, IF they suspect that they are under effect of genjutsu. With releasing other people from outside being way easier than releasing yourself from inside. SO THEY HAVE TO CONSTANTLY BE OBSERVANT IN ORDER TO FIGURE OUT that they are UNDER genjutsu and ofcourse care not to get caught in it.
For example:

---Single target skill, when used on a player, makes him see illusion of the mob from this area(higher lvls make him see illusion of another player). This will result in him reacting to the illusion and noticing that his attacks go throw it/dont work the way the should/mob didn't spawn on his normal spot. Thus he concludes that he is under some kind of genjutsu and uses genjutsu release thing in attempt to free himself. To other players he would look like lunatic swinging at nothing(because they dont see illusion), just like in anime when people go crazy cause of genjutsu.

---Single target skill, when used on a player, makes his HealthPoints/Chakra/Shuriken&Kunai ammunition(any of those)  APPEAR ONLY TO HIM different than they actualy are (HOW they should appear could be controled by caster (more/less than actual or fixed ammount)). Player would have to keep track of his stats or notice they aren't acting the way they should in order to conclude that he is under genjutsu. Thus he uses genjutsu release thing in attempt to free himself. Just like in anime when Sasuke made Danzo think that he still has 1 sharingan eye left for Izanagi, while he actualy had none.

---Wide area skill that affects all enemies/enemies&allies in certain range of the caster. It could inflict similar effects like skills above. Or maybe make all of those people see everyone around them AS enemy, however will game define enemy(red color or different headbands/clothes/equipment). Potentialy making whole enemy army slaughter themselves. Any of caught players could use genjutsu release thing in attempt to free himself if he suspects that he is under genjutsu. Experienced group of players would all easily see throw this genjutsu so it's not imbalanced(it would be more advanced jutsu).

---Any kind of summoning illusions that everyone can see, ik that there is no summoning in game, but this would only be models that you can walk throw(models of mobs or players). Because these would NOT be TARGET based, they could NOT be dispelled/released. You would need to somehow interupt caster to stop it.

---Zabuza's Hiden Mist, same as above, but instead of illusions makes fog in a certain area around caster. Fog removes sound effects created by players who learned skill needed to fight in fog, like Zabuza and also TO THEM appears less dense. Others get crippled by it. Fog size/range, visual density(which realy impairs victim's ability to fight) and stat bonuses improve with jutsu's level. This cant be dispeled, this would not be imbalanced because you can just run out of fog.

Basicly players could spam genjutsu removal thing if they were not sure if they are under genjutsu. But they would have to improve their skill at it to succesfully free themselves from stronger genjutsu. When they improve their skill at it, it's casting time or chakra cost increases, preventing them from spaming it like idiots.
Casting could also have many different requirements: draw target's blood, simply get in range, target standing still for few seconds, you not being hit/interupted for few seconds/certain time, knock target to ground, target keeping your character in his CAMERA VIEW for certain time(just like looking in to eyes in anime, certain time to balance it).
Some genjutsu when succesfully cast wouldn't show any visible animation, leaving target to figure out that they are under genjutsu. Others would obviously be visible(Hiden Mist).
How i read about kakai genkai in faq.You could add 1 like tsukuyomi, which simply deals instant single target damage when succesfully cast, but is classified as genjutsu. You could also add 1 that gives partial or complete imunity to genjutsu or certain kinds of genjutsu(some of your 20 jutsus).

Illusions seen only by affected players could easily be programed CLIENT side.

Sory for huge wall of text XD. LONG STORY SHORT, I dont want genjutsu to be some stupid stat changes or just damaging skills. I want it to be tools for playing with other player's minds. Just what genjutsu is supposed to be. Hope I helped.
  • Character Name: Fireshock