Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 73432
Total Topics: 20398
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 951
Total: 958
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (4)
Baidu

Author Topic: BTS Is Fucking Dope  (Read 11269 times)

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
BTS Is Fucking Dope
« on: June 08, 2017, 00:47:31 »
Reason for the post and what this post is.
Because I am seeing these dead-ass posts revived constantly from 2015 I am making a new one. BTS is a boy band (DON'T JUDGE ME.) from South Korea and they're pretty fucking good. I have been listening to them for like a month straight and still love their shit. Give em a chance if you want, or not, up to you.

Leave your opinions below.

Songs:

In my opinion that is the order from pretty normal to the weird MV. And the # order is from my personal favourite to least favourite from that list. They're pretty good.. for a boy band.

Long winded self explanation of pointlessness to why I listen to them.
If you are wondering to yourself "Why the fuck would Leebz listen to a boy band?" or "Why the fuck is Leebz sharing a fucking boy band interest with us?" well, to be honest, my girlfriend, some of you know as Esteez, actually got me into them and it was her sister who got her into them. At first, when I heard it was a fucking boy band I thought "Well this is going to be shit." but it turns out 3 of em are rappers, they were thrown together by some record studio out of no where to be a group and they worked out pretty well. They made a pretty good friendship between em and it shows in their videos and their just unique... So yeah. I expect to probably be flamed for liking this shit but I am well prepared. If I didn't think these guys were talented though, I would not take the shots for listening to em so I do beg you to give em a chance at least.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 00:55:46 by Leebz »

• Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Esteez

• SLO Couple
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Esteez has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Usagi
Re: BTS Is Fucking Dope
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:29:24 »
I LOVE THEM OBVS. You're welcome btw ;P
  • Character Name: Mika Himitsu

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Tameshi Hinode has no influence.
  • See trough the darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode

• Organization: Midori Ken
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:16:31 »
Good morning...
Since you asked for oppinions and i had nothing else to do right now,i gave them a try.

First,im not going to flame you for liking them,you could like justin bieber and i would be like,,meh...i dont get it,but alright''.
So,at first i expected some girly singing,because of how they look,and because they are a boy band.
Was surprised when they started to rap....but thats all to be honest,i was surprised,not entertained.

The music sounds mixed up,just like the vocal part,i miss a rhythm in those songs,something that leaves a mark on you and makes you not forget it.
If i had to put words into a picture,i would take those songs and paint the picture of a river that flows in 2 directions at the same time-there is no synched flow,if you get what im trying to say,the vocals are like rocks in a river that split the water.
The first video kinda has some order and flow,there is a rhythm,not one i like,but there is one.
Video number 2,is the opposite,no clear rhythm there.

The lyrics are not that deep.
Relationships,party,not giving up,believing in yourself,beeing cool and all those things...the usual teenager/young adult themes,in a generic package.
Their target audience seems to be young and consists mainly of girls i guess.
The thematic of a song is also very clear,from what i heard so far.
No complex poems,classy wordgames or hidden meanings,you know what the song is about,without thinking too much about it.Some lines are not so bad actually,the last video was a bit better than the rest(regarding the lyrics).
But then you also have lines like,,bow wow wow'' or,,want it more moremoremoremoremore''...i dont consider those lines to really be meaningful or simply,good.

The vocal part.
This one will be short:they sound generic,not very unique.
Also,the voice is often edited and sounds kinda unatural.

Now....the videos themself.
Call me outdated,but a lot of those dance moves just look silly,like in video number 4(3:07 and 3:10 for example).
Boy bands get their fame and success trough simple marketing.
They have to look good,and sing about things that most people can relate to and understand.
And...they need a lot of attention,this could explain those dance moves.

To me,they are just 1 of many other boy bands out there,and i think most people will grow out of this phase,once they get older.
Its mainstream music for a young audience,and the fact that they are rapping too,isnt changing that.
Im not into rap at all,but there are some songs i enjoy,like songs from eminem or will smith(yea,that guy makes music too,for the few who may not have known it).
If you enjoy this kind of music,keep listening,as long as you enjoy it.
Just wrote down my thoughts about this band,as you asked.

Like toy soldiers,is a amazing song,it sets the mood,the vocals go with the flow,and the theme of the song is different from the usual,,yolo swag lol happy happy''or,,ima super though gangsta,even my guns use guns in da hood yo!gonna have to find someone to insult now to prove my manliness''cliches.

Greetings from:
Tameshi-propably the only one here who dislikes rap,pop and dubsteb/nightcore/vocaloid stuff/whatever-the-rest-is-called,all together.And ofcourse,i wrote this in comic sans.

PS:If youre looking for a good asian band that is definatly not cattering to the mainstream audience,check out dir en grey.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:22:20 by Tameshi Hinode »
  • Character Name: Tameshi Hinode

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:23:13 »

No complex poems,classy wordgames or hidden meanings,you know what the song is about,without thinking too much about it.Some lines are not so bad actually,the last video was a bit better than the rest(regarding the lyrics).

I can appreciate the rest of your opinion (Mostly) I felt it was more just staring at a picture without actually looking into detail, meaning or understanding of the strokes though.

The part that I quoted is what I want to direct most though. Now, I can already tell you are looking at the subtitles way too literal. When taking another languages rapping/lyrics, you can't take them at subtitles if you want to find meaning to them or word play. Especially word play as you have to listen to the words they are saying, check the meaning quickly via subtitles and generate other possible meanings to them and then you can see the word play. (also replacing the words they give with words that may sound a little more understandable in English.) I can understand why you wouldn't though, as you aren't a big fan of rap (Or much music in general it seems.) and probably lack the ability or effort to try that.

As for what you said about them being "a phase and growing out of" I have to disagree with it partially. Yes many people change music tastes but I wouldn't call it "growing out of a phase." and more "Adapting a new taste." or "Getting bored of a genre/band." as I am 20, probably a bit old for "phases" as are many other of their fans from my knowledge.

I'll agree on their choruses being a little repetitive some times with the over use of one word but hey-ho, the west do that lately too in many genres of music. I'll disagree on the dances though. I guess I am not old fashioned because I thought they were creative and very well choreographed. :P

I appreciate your opinion as a whole and I am glad you gave em a listen, cheers man. :)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:26:46 »
WTF WEAB ARE U GAY OR SOMETNG
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 14:11:30 »
WTF WEAB ARE U GAY OR SOMETNG
If I was a weab it would be JPop you fucking degenerate.
(Love you Marsy-pan)

Offline IbrahimRafi

• Genin Poster
  • IbrahimRafi has no influence.
  • It’s hard to explain
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 15:00:33 »
YO LEEBZ QUIT DAT SHIT

• Character Name: Raiden

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 23:22:13 »
@Leebz

Yes,the translation may be a problem.
But i got to say,i listened to other asian bands,and was able to understand the lyrics and the meaning behind it.
BTS uses some methaphors/wordplay to describe things,i simply dont think that those are good enough,or that the thematic they are used for,is worth it.
The last video you posted,isnt that bad,lyric-wise and i understood the meaning,but i have seen better.

,,I can understand why you wouldn't though, as you aren't a big fan of rap (Or much music in general it seems.) and probably lack the ability or effort to try that.''

Like i said,im not a fan of rap,but i am a fan of music.
Pretty much my whole family is into music(my dad also earned money with his music).
But in my eyes,BTS is just a overhyped boy band that gets attention for their looks/mainstream thematics/marketing/dancing/interviews but not because of the music itself,i dont even know if they write all of their songs themself.
Its like when gangnam style became popular....this happened because PSY is a good entertainer,thats what he is good at.
As for my personal preference of music:Power metal,rock,punk(not much anymore),jazz,classical music....i dont care how they look or if they can dance,or have a cool backstory,i simply want to listen to good music and i have no problem with taking time to find out a songs meaning and read about it-if i actually enjoy that song and think the lyrics are worth it.
For example,i like songs about society and its norms and hypocrisy,or things that people usually dont talk about.
A good story,is fine as well,as long as its nothing generic that you would hear on the radio everyday anyway.

With 20,youre older than the target audience,thats right.
Still....i really doubt you would listen to it in 5 years ;)
The reason why i said,,growing out of'',is that this kind of music isnt simply aiming for a certain group of people,who like a certain style of music.
Its aiming for young people(mostly girls who adore the band members).
When people get older,they usually dont have much use for the topics/style of those bands,and there is a reason why boy bands are generally young.

But youre welcome to prove me wrong.
Lets stay in contact,and in 5 years,you let me know if you still listen to them ;D

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 23:30:30 »
I used to listen to KPOP too at one point (fag, right?), try listening to some of these:

internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 00:01:53 »
@Leebz

Yes,the translation may be a problem.
But i got to say,i listened to other asian bands,and was able to understand the lyrics and the meaning behind it.
BTS uses some methaphors/wordplay to describe things,i simply dont think that those are good enough,or that the thematic they are used for,is worth it.
The last video you posted,isnt that bad,lyric-wise and i understood the meaning,but i have seen better.

,,I can understand why you wouldn't though, as you aren't a big fan of rap (Or much music in general it seems.) and probably lack the ability or effort to try that.''

Like i said,im not a fan of rap,but i am a fan of music.
Pretty much my whole family is into music(my dad also earned money with his music).
But in my eyes,BTS is just a overhyped boy band that gets attention for their looks/mainstream thematics/marketing/dancing/interviews but not because of the music itself,i dont even know if they write all of their songs themself.
Its like when gangnam style became popular....this happened because PSY is a good entertainer,thats what he is good at.
As for my personal preference of music:Power metal,rock,punk(not much anymore),jazz,classical music....i dont care how they look or if they can dance,or have a cool backstory,i simply want to listen to good music and i have no problem with taking time to find out a songs meaning and read about it-if i actually enjoy that song and think the lyrics are worth it.
For example,i like songs about society and its norms and hypocrisy,or things that people usually dont talk about.
A good story,is fine as well,as long as its nothing generic that you would hear on the radio everyday anyway.

With 20,youre older than the target audience,thats right.
Still....i really doubt you would listen to it in 5 years ;)
The reason why i said,,growing out of'',is that this kind of music isnt simply aiming for a certain group of people,who like a certain style of music.
Its aiming for young people(mostly girls who adore the band members).
When people get older,they usually dont have much use for the topics/style of those bands,and there is a reason why boy bands are generally young.

But youre welcome to prove me wrong.
Lets stay in contact,and in 5 years,you let me know if you still listen to them ;D

Just because a musician has a backstory/dance moves etc doesn't mean their music is bad. And from your last post I figured you said you didn't like music. Yes, they do write their own songs actually and tbh you shouldn't say an artists song has no meaning. If you can't see a meaning it just means you can't understand it. I personally believe every musican has a meaning behind their music if they are serious. (Even screamo scum have a meaning even if I disagree their music can even be classed as music.)

End of the day it is preference. If you think they are "an overhyped boy band that gets attention for their looks/mainstream thematics/marketing/dancing/interviews" just from listening to the songs I sent, then that's your opinion. Personally I feel that is a little judgy without actually knowing much about them but that's just me I guess. I am not one to go too deep into dissing musicians just from a handful of their songs. xD
Ty for your opinion regardless. Even if you do come across as some hipster wannabe trying to avoid the "mainstream" like it is a plague. Also, everyone I know who liked them have been late teens. But hey-ho. I don't judge a musician by age range? Seems more like a hipster wannabe thing to do than someone into music for music. :P

@Snoopy I know SHINee and G Dragon, both also very good <3
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 00:06:18 by Leebz »

Offline Tameshi Hinode

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 03:10:05 »
Boy bands have the reputation to more or less,create mainstream music that usually hasnt a lot of meaning.
The fact that they are a boy band+the videos you posted,are more than enough to,,judge''them.
Also,teens are easily manipulated,especially young girls.
Thats why managers try to get a group of pretty boys together,to make money out of this,its not rocket science.
And no.....not every song has a meaning,there are boy bands who dont write their own songs,they just use songs written by other people,for some easy money,because they know that their fans will buy pretty much everything.
About BTS:I was reading that they write MOST of their songs,but not all of them.

If i cant judge a band based on their videos,how should i judge them then?
Nearly everything about them is,,the generic boy band stuff''.
Call me a hipster if you want,if im a hipster because i dont want to listen to boring mainstream music and,,artists''who are just after a fast money grab,then yes,im a hipster and im completely fine with beeing one :)
Its normal that people want something extraordinary,if everything is the same(as in,the same mainstream stuff ),it gets boring over time.
Though,thats not the only reason why i dislike this boy group,i simply dont like the music and their voices,mainstream or not.
There are better bands out there,and they would deserve the attention that those boy groups get.

Im also not dissing them.
You asked for oppinions,if you think im judgemental for stating my oppinion when asked to do so,alright.
Its simply critic,i dont like the music,i dont like their voices and i dont like their lyrics or the whole marketing concept.
Its also not just,,personal preference'',their marketing concept IS questionable,along with the actual talent of most boy groups:

,,Due to this and their general commercial orientation towards a female audience of preteens, teenyboppers, or teens, the term may be used with negative connotations in music journalism.''
-Wikipedia(yea i just quoted wikipedia)

TLDR version:
I dont listen to music with extraordinary lyrics all the time,yea im guilty.
But the problem with BTS is not only that they are mainstream oriented,really.
Its that they are mainstream oriented AND are not that good,medicore,perhaps.
One reason why,is their lack of rhytm,or that their songs are not memorable and leave a lasting impact(im not talking about lyrics or dance moves now),like i wrote before.
Youre free to disagree with me,but there is no need to get defensive and imply im a,,hipster wannabee''or that i have no clue about music,because
i have the feeling it will lead this discussion into a dissrespectful direction,and i would like to avoid that.
All my arguments have been directed at the band,not at you.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:15:35 by Tameshi Hinode »

Offline luckycmsn

• Genin Poster
  • luckycmsn has no influence.
  • Leader of the Kinshēdo clan
    • View Profile
    • luckyngrh
  • Clan: Kinshēdo
  • Organization: Kazangakure
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:59 »
I do listen to kpop occasionally and I know BTS.
Tbh, what I like from BTS is their choreography and I like the scene composition and the cinematic feel in most of their MV.

If you like rap music you can try this

● Hidden Volcano's Discord & Kinshēdo's Page ●

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 13:11:24 »
Boy bands have the reputation to more or less,create mainstream music that usually hasnt a lot of meaning.
The fact that they are a boy band+the videos you posted,are more than enough to,,judge''them.
Also,teens are easily manipulated,especially young girls.
Thats why managers try to get a group of pretty boys together,to make money out of this,its not rocket science.
And no.....not every song has a meaning,there are boy bands who dont write their own songs,they just use songs written by other people,for some easy money,because they know that their fans will buy pretty much everything.
About BTS:I was reading that they write MOST of their songs,but not all of them.

If i cant judge a band based on their videos,how should i judge them then?
Nearly everything about them is,,the generic boy band stuff''.
Call me a hipster if you want,if im a hipster because i dont want to listen to boring mainstream music and,,artists''who are just after a fast money grab,then yes,im a hipster and im completely fine with beeing one :)
Its normal that people want something extraordinary,if everything is the same(as in,the same mainstream stuff ),it gets boring over time.
Though,thats not the only reason why i dislike this boy group,i simply dont like the music and their voices,mainstream or not.
There are better bands out there,and they would deserve the attention that those boy groups get.

Im also not dissing them.
You asked for oppinions,if you think im judgemental for stating my oppinion when asked to do so,alright.
Its simply critic,i dont like the music,i dont like their voices and i dont like their lyrics or the whole marketing concept.
Its also not just,,personal preference'',their marketing concept IS questionable,along with the actual talent of most boy groups:

,,Due to this and their general commercial orientation towards a female audience of preteens, teenyboppers, or teens, the term may be used with negative connotations in music journalism.''
-Wikipedia(yea i just quoted wikipedia)

TLDR version:
I dont listen to music with extraordinary lyrics all the time,yea im guilty.
But the problem with BTS is not only that they are mainstream oriented,really.
Its that they are mainstream oriented AND are not that good,medicore,perhaps.
One reason why,is their lack of rhytm,or that their songs are not memorable and leave a lasting impact(im not talking about lyrics or dance moves now),like i wrote before.
Youre free to disagree with me,but there is no need to get defensive and imply im a,,hipster wannabee''or that i have no clue about music,because
i have the feeling it will lead this discussion into a dissrespectful direction,and i would like to avoid that.
All my arguments have been directed at the band,not at you.

I'm not defensive about it xD
I was stating my opinon of yours. Thanks for your long winded opinion :)
I do listen to kpop occasionally and I know BTS.
Tbh, what I like from BTS is their choreography and I like the scene composition and the cinematic feel in most of their MV.

If you like rap music you can try this

Saaaaame dude. My exact feeling too. Their choreography is dope af and it is probably one of the main reasons I like them along with their rappers.
Will give the songs you linked a listen when I got some free time too and let you know what I think.

Offline Ijedoya

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ijedoya has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 14:16:29 »
yo dude.... this is freaking crazy.... cuz its freaking true
  • Character Name: Doya

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 22:06:37 »
Yo they're easy to get hooked onto lmao.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo