Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73878
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 765
Total: 780
Vikiijo
Ernestfep
titlesuitsai
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Summoning Houses  (Read 5083 times)

Offline HermitTheSage

Summoning Houses
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:35:53 »
Summoning scroll for houses, seems like a nice suggestion.

You save up hella money because it cost hella money to buy the summoning scroll, the summoning scrolls summons the house at the desired location, if the desired location is within the village boundaries you need to get planning permission from the kage or the kage's council.

This "summoning scroll" will allow you to build lavish complexes to temporary shelter in wood for different amounts of hella money, it costs hella high because that will filter those short term players who will overpopulate for no reason

Also you only allowed to have a certain amount of houses in each different zone( villages, outside village's boundaries , rural and metal etc )
You can't exceed the limit but you can deconstruct old houses you don't want

maybe in villages, when summoning in a particular spot it aligns with the building so it looks more like symmetrical village

I don't think I've described it very well but you get drift, but I got a feeling a feature like might be too far from ever happening

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:49:27 by HermitTheSage »

• Character Name: Katugsuchi Yamazaki

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
Re: Summoning Houses
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:03:23 »
I like the idea. its something to think about

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:18:19 »
This idea is hella bad. Just kidding but it does need some tweaking. I like the concept.
I think it would be a nice way to add player owned homes in the village. Say you had a few plots in the village for said scroll to be placed. You can summon your house on the plot until you logout. As you logout it vanishes for someone else to take the plot with their scroll. When you log back in you can summon said house at a different plot, or same one, as long as it is the same village and an empty plot that is not in use.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Manuster

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:23:04 »
Upon reading the title my initial thought was that everyone would live in a designated building until Chuunin/Jonin and then given a scroll that summons a home. This home would then be summoned and slept in when the player is online. 

Your idea however is quite good. Imo; Houses should be recalled into the scroll after a certain period of inactivity/when the person is not sleeping in them.

Basicaly this;

Say you had a few plots in the village for said scroll to be placed. You can summon your house on the plot until you logout. As you logout it vanishes for someone else to take the plot with their scroll. When you log back in you can summon said house at a different plot, or same one, as long as it is the same village and an empty plot that is not in use.

Another thing to note is what happens if there are simple more people online who WANT TO SLEEP than there are empty spaces??

The following idea doesn't utilise summoning scrolls but is relevant to houses and their designation.

What if, because of the limited spaces, instead of houses for an individual, there are designated areas/zones/buildings for clans?

It would work in a similar way that a clan has to pay to upgrade their building/zone/area (clans can have one building, 2,3 or a whole street depending on size.)

Clans would pay moneh for these, this money would be raised by the clan leader.

Any new shinobi would be automatically lodged in his clan home.

Clans can only purchase buildings adjacent to their current location.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:27:47 »
Upon reading the title my initial thought was that everyone would live in a designated building until Chuunin/Jonin and then given a scroll that summons a home. This home would then be summoned and slept in when the player is online. 

Your idea however is quite good. Imo; Houses should be recalled into the scroll after a certain period of inactivity/when the person is not sleeping in them.

Basicaly this;

Say you had a few plots in the village for said scroll to be placed. You can summon your house on the plot until you logout. As you logout it vanishes for someone else to take the plot with their scroll. When you log back in you can summon said house at a different plot, or same one, as long as it is the same village and an empty plot that is not in use.

Another thing to note is what happens if there are simple more people online who WANT TO SLEEP than there are empty spaces??

The following idea doesn't utilise summoning scrolls but is relevant to houses and their designation.

What if, because of the limited spaces, instead of houses for an individual, there are designated areas/zones/buildings for clans?

It would work in a similar way that a clan has to pay to upgrade their building/zone/area (clans can have one building, 2,3 or a whole street depending on size.)

Clans would pay moneh for these, this money would be raised by the clan leader.

Any new shinobi would be automatically lodged in his clan home.

Clans can only purchase buildings adjacent to their current location.
I like manuster idea. Somehow clans could be officialized and then their leaders could have some space in the village to have a clan building, where everybody from the clan would spawn,sleep,storage stuff,etc. Of course this could cust ingame money or the leaders would have to be donators, idk.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:06 »
There is so much to address with this idea I'm not sure where to start. First the chakra cost and rules for summoning a area or terrain would need to be the same as the house for consistency sake. Second the available of summoning houses. Where do you buy them and how do you get them? What system do you suggest to modify them if at all?
All that said I'm for the idea of summoning a house!! Especially if it has benefits like recovery of more chakra and stamina faster then camping out in the open.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:45:43 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 03:00:13 »

I feel if people need to rest but can't find a summoning plot they could simply stay in one of the apt. buildings or maybe a hotel/motel sort of building?

Or we could keep the building/home system as it is currently planned which I believe is the fact we all enter the Apt. buiding door that leads to said apartment within the building as a different...(I forgot the word but want to say instance?) etc. I think that was the plan anyway.

There is also plans for clan plots but idk much of it if there even is one.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 07:16:07 »

I feel if people need to rest but can't find a summoning plot they could simply stay in one of the apt. buildings or maybe a hotel/motel sort of building?

Or we could keep the building/home system as it is currently planned which I believe is the fact we all enter the Apt. buiding door that leads to said apartment within the building as a different...(I forgot the word but want to say instance?) etc. I think that was the plan anyway.

Yeah I agree with Leebzie on this one cause I don't see a way to balance this out or help cater to every single Shinobi, the current house system & Clan system should kept but I don't mind this being a feature for rogues though as they could find ruins, maze-like caves and put buildings in there or spawn points where they can keep their loot and rest when needed
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline taigakun

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 13:28:03 »
lul lazy man's work :p

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 16:56:08 »

The current idea would be that everyone enters a building but the interior is different for each individual. I am unsure as to whether there will be clan designated areas though.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 18:54:19 »
I gotta admit I like this idea.
But how would the scrolls be created?
Actually, how will any scrolls in SLO be created?
Could certain players have the ability to design scrolls,
perhaps through a drawing system of sorts? I.E Okami.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline taigakun

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 09:56:02 »
I gotta admit I like this idea.
But how would the scrolls be created?
Actually, how will any scrolls in SLO be created?
Could certain players have the ability to design scrolls,
perhaps through a drawing system of sorts? I.E Okami.
Lol the ability to design scrolls would be close to impossible to program and too time craving.

In my opinion, summoning houses is waaaay to much of a drag. Either buy a house or build one lol.

Offline hellaseb

• Genin Poster
  • hellaseb has no influence.
  • Fvck Average. You can have that
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Clan: Shizue
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 11:01:25 »
Hellaseb approves.
But maybe in order to summon such a house you need 2-3 shinobi together? It seems a bit unrealistic for one shinobi (at least in the early stages of the game) to summon himself a mansion
Like the idea doe
  • Character Name: Hanzo Shizue

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 22:50:25 »
As to summoning a house and makeing the scroll. It would not be any harder then summoning food from a scroll with Fuinjutsu.
It would just use more chakra.
The houses would need to be game objects though and therefor intractable, Both sealable and  Destructible . The houses would be constructable from blueprints. I'm not sure the kind of effect this kind of stuff would have on gpu resources but if posable it would be awesome. The skill it would take to seal a house in a scroll would be fairly high though. It's a large area object so the chakra cost and skill in fuinjutsu should corespond to each other.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 23:09:02 by NinjaMirage »