Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64434
Latest: Marcusacush
New This Month: 303
New This Week: 64
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 76303
Total Topics: 21985
Most Online Today: 1707
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1686
Total: 1701

Author Topic: Tracking mechanic  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Raidnn

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Raidnn has no influence.
  • Heizugakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Nii clan

• Organization: Heizugakure
Tracking mechanic
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:26:36 »
So I came up with this idea and did some searching on the forums and didn't seem to find anything like it so here it goes :D
Tracking, without a doubt, was a part of every shinobi's mission one time or another, and it's a very beneficial skill to have whether you are trying to find a lost dog a rogue ninja, or you don't want to be found yourself.
-What I propose is a tracking system, where when you activate the skill it shows you who has been within so many meters of your position, when they were there, and what direction they were headed. This could possibly start off at beginner levels and progress making it more accurate the more you have used it, also tracking could be effected by weather, if it has been raining in the area a "track" could vanish a lot faster, same goes the other way around and a track made in mud would dry up from the sun and you couldn't define who's it was or how long ago it was made. Maybe they could implement some way to conceal your own tracks or get rid of them at a later period if you don't want to be found.
Just an idea I had :D thought I would share

Sig credit to CaioDart

Offline StriderOtaku

Re: Tracking mechanic
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 07:36:45 »
So I came up with this idea and did some searching on the forums and didn't seem to find anything like it so here it goes :D
Tracking, without a doubt, was a part of every shinobi's mission one time or another, and it's a very beneficial skill to have whether you are trying to find a lost dog a rogue ninja, or you don't want to be found yourself.
-What I propose is a tracking system, where when you activate the skill it shows you who has been within so many meters of your position, when they were there, and what direction they were headed. This could possibly start off at beginner levels and progress making it more accurate the more you have used it, also tracking could be effected by weather, if it has been raining in the area a "track" could vanish a lot faster, same goes the other way around and a track made in mud would dry up from the sun and you couldn't define who's it was or how long ago it was made. Maybe they could implement some way to conceal your own tracks or get rid of them at a later period if you don't want to be found.
How do you activate a skill to tell you who was in the area you happen to find yourself when you do not know the person?if you don't know someone's name or they were disguised, this doesn't help. Perhaps it lets you know that so and so number of people were here by reading chakra signatures that were in that area within a certain period of time but it's still pretty weak unless you are able to tell different people from each other using their chakra signatures and hence identify someone even when they are in disguise.
Such high level tracking anyway should be a result of high level sensory skills (chakra detection, chakra concealing e.t.c..) or special abilities like Kakashi and his ninken or Kiba and the Inazuma clan
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline Raidnn

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Heizugakure Elder
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:45:55 »
How do you activate a skill to tell you who was in the area you happen to find yourself when you do not know the person?if you don't know someone's name or they were disguised, this doesn't help. Perhaps it lets you know that so and so number of people were here by reading chakra signatures that were in that area within a certain period of time but it's still pretty weak unless you are able to tell different people from each other using their chakra signatures and hence identify someone even when they are in disguise.
Such high level tracking anyway should be a result of high level sensory skills (chakra detection, chakra concealing e.t.c..) or special abilities like Kakashi and his ninken or Kiba and the Inazuma clan
I get your point, it would be very hard to identify someone based on this. We might not need it in such advanced aspects, like the exact person etc etc. If you were assigned a mission to track down a rogue ninja and all you had were his last known position something as simple as just being able to detect movement through an area might be beneficial. If the area wasn't a popular area that had high foot traffic you could get possible leads and which direction they were headed, but no affirmed ID.. so if you picked the wrong track to follow and it turned out not to be your target the other tracks might have already disappeared as well, maybe giving a more realistic tracking feel

"There has been 3 people in this area within the last 20 minutes, 1 headed south, 2 headed North West" sort of thing
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:55:09 by Raidnn »

Sig credit to CaioDart

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:28 »
I get your point, it would be very hard to identify someone based on this. We might not need it in such advanced aspects, like the exact person etc etc. If you were assigned a mission to track down a rogue ninja and all you had were his last known position something as simple as just being able to detect movement through an area might be beneficial. If the area wasn't a popular area that had high foot traffic you could get possible leads and which direction they were headed, but no affirmed ID.. so if you picked the wrong track to follow and it turned out not to be your target the other tracks might have already disappeared as well, maybe giving a more realistic tracking feel

"There has been 3 people in this area within the last 20 minutes, 1 headed south, 2 headed North West" sort of thing
Oh, yes this is cool. Would be a very useful jutsu tbh. Need a lot of skill tho

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:36 »
Maybe NPCs could serve as information givers when paid cash.
"I've heard Ikiryo likes sleeping comfortably, so he's most likely at the motel."
This information being 100% accurate, and he actually is in a motel at exactly that moment.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline AY0

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 10:58:05 »
That Could Be a Kekkei Genkai Seeing tru miles whith eyes

We Could name it

Bakeratsu
  • Character Name: AYO

Offline hellaseb

• Genin Poster
  • hellaseb has no influence.
  • Fvck Average. You can have that
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Clan: Shizue
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 12:07:58 »
Or just have it all be done in chat? As in you can click on the ground in a forest or something and it lists out the names of the players that were here in the last 2hrs, if their name was in red that means they were close to the place you clicked on, and if in blue that means they were further away from where you clicked (bigger radius)
  • Character Name: Hanzo Shizue

Offline AY0

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 12:28:32 »
Thats even better!

Offline StriderOtaku

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 13:00:16 »
"I've heard Ikiryo likes sleeping comfortably, so he's most likely at the motel."
This information being 100% accurate, and he actually is in a motel at exactly that moment.
Shit! Tsuna, this is great. Hello people, let's have NPCs that are acquainted with certain avatars serve as information sources when paid. It of course depends on the level of friendship between the NPC and the avatar where high level of friendship equals high level of trust and thus less willingness to betray or give out information about said character but of course, the higher the level of friendship, the more accurate the information the NPC can give about that character.

Offline Raidnn

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Heizugakure Elder
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 14:47:07 »
Shit! Tsuna, this is great. Hello people, let's have NPCs that are acquainted with certain avatars serve as information sources when paid. It of course depends on the level of friendship between the NPC and the avatar where high level of friendship equals high level of trust and thus less willingness to betray or give out information about said character but of course, the higher the level of friendship, the more accurate the information the NPC can give about that character.
I think this is great ^^. If we could add a trust level with npcs to show how friendly we are with them maybe there could be a bribe/intimidate option as well, you got to have both sides of the coin. Getting the same information through intimidation but it might not be as reliable

Sig credit to CaioDart

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 14:52:44 »
If some one frequently visit a npc to get a 100% raiting of information on the target... it would be quicker and easier to stake out the shop or npc... no need to go looking for someone that will eventually come to you!!! Lol
But I like the idea!!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 14:54:35 by NinjaMirage »

Offline CaioDarT

• Chunin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • CaioDarT has no influence.
  • Zero Reiends Frere Heal
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Yamazaki

• Organization: RoguhantaBlackbox
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 16:42:03 »
I think this is great ^^. If we could add a trust level with npcs to show how friendly we are with them maybe there could be a bribe/intimidate option as well, you got to have both sides of the coin. Getting the same information through intimidation but it might not be as reliable
Could be also possible that the NPC was paid by the people that you're trying to track and say something wrong to you. so that way it wouldnt be so easy to locate people and finish the mission

Offline Raidnn

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Heizugakure Elder
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 16:43:40 »
Could be also possible that the NPC was paid by the people that you're trying to track and say something wrong to you. so that way it wouldnt be so easy to locate people and finish the mission
That's where I was kind of going with the bribe part as well thank you for bringing that up as I forgot :D but maybe if you offered more they could give the information ;) everything has a price

Sig credit to CaioDart

Offline Manuster

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 20:26:26 »

We Could name it

Bakeratsu

Lmao you're joking arent ya?

Or just have it all be done in chat? As in you can click on the ground in a forest or something and it lists out the names of the players that were here in the last 2hrs, if their name was in red that means they were close to the place you clicked on, and if in blue that means they were further away from where you clicked (bigger radius)

Too overpowered, so anyone can be tracked without any possibility of hiding?

Strider's was the best imo.

However instead of it being a skill, it should be a jutsu. At first, little/no information would be provided and it would be vague. However instead of writte information, it should be shown in the form of chakra signatures.

So at lower levels, a mist of chakra would spread in a vague direction, say northeast. before disappearing after about 50 metres.

Whereas at the highest levels, a long string of chakra, barely several cm in width would stretch out behind the target for several kilometres.

For this to work however, I propose a piece of clothing/item that teh target has held is used.

such a great thread

cant wait to see these implemented in 8 years
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline AY0

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 03:17:47 »

We Could name it

Bakeratsu

Lmao you're joking arent ya?

Too overpowered, so anyone can be tracked without any possibility of hiding?

Strider's was the best imo.

However instead of it being a skill, it should be a jutsu. At first, little/no information would be provided and it would be vague. However instead of writte information, it should be shown in the form of chakra signatures.

So at lower levels, a mist of chakra would spread in a vague direction, say northeast. before disappearing after about 50 metres.

Whereas at the highest levels, a long string of chakra, barely several cm in width would stretch out behind the target for several kilometres.

For this to work however, I propose a piece of clothing/item that teh target has held is used.

such a great thread

cant wait to see these implemented in 8 years

@Manuster  That Would be a Kekkei Genkkai
and not all of the shinobis will have eye porwer or kekkei genkai