Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64364
Latest: RicardoSpoff
New This Month: 233
New This Week: 69
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75652
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1229
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1176
Total: 1191
Julicae
DonaldGex
Viktorilhn
Igorxuc
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)

Author Topic: Guard!  (Read 3906 times)

Offline AY0

Guard!
« on: February 12, 2017, 14:21:15 »
When You block and somebody trows shuriken at ur block
ur char automatclky with his kunai dogeds all shurikens whith the kunai !

it would be cool

i didint fidn anyone saying this in the FAQ

• Character Name: AYO

Offline StriderOtaku

Re: Guard!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 14:27:17 »
When You block and somebody trows shuriken at ur block
ur char automatclky with his kunai dogeds all shurikens whith the kunai !

it would be cool

i didint fidn anyone saying this in the FAQ
Seriously? This is pretty basic. You don't need to be creating topics when all you have to say is stuff like this, not to be rude, but it's getting annoying.
There is a shoutbox and even a discord server, use them.
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 15:04:54 »
Personally I think timing of the block is important. like you need to hit the block key when the thrown item is within 3 feet. This makes more sence. Because if you don't put this in combat then people will just hold there guard key down until there ready to attack making kuni and shuriken and even basic Kenjutsu usless.

Also guardat first  should only work for 1 impact.
So if some one throws 4 shuriken at the same time- a high level shuriken jutsu.
You would need to have an equally high level gaurd to block 4 Impacts with one key stroke.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 15:09:36 by NinjaMirage »

Offline AY0

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 15:10:07 »
ye makes more sense
Personally I think timing of the block is important. like you need to hit the block key when the thrown item is within 3 feet. This makes more sence. Because if you don't put this in combat then people will just hold there guard key down until there ready to attack making kuni and shuriken and even basic Kenjutsu usless.

You would need to have an equally high level gaurd to block 4 Impacts with one key stroke.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 20:11:20 »

I don't particularly agree that 4 shuriken can be blocked with 1 keystroke. Even at higher levels, what I think would be better is that pressing block 4 times within a certain amount of time (say a second) can block 4 shuriken.

However that if we allow block to be something that changes with level. What would be more realistic and imo a better addition is a system where block is never changed with use. It can be slowed down with jutsu effects, fatigue and poison and sped up with armor, jutsu effects and consumables. But the basic block should be the same for all.

So in the example cmsurfer gave, when 4 shuriken are thrown;

Pressing block when they are 4 metres away will block 1 of them.
3 metres away will block 2
2 metres away will block 3
and timing your block so perfectly that the shuriken are less than one metre away will block all 4.

The block has to be activated WHILE the shuriken are a certain distance away and not before, making holding block useless.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline AY0

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 21:01:33 »

I don't particularly agree that 4 shuriken can be blocked with 1 keystroke. Even at higher levels, what I think would be better is that pressing block 4 times within a certain amount of time (say a second) can block 4 shuriken.

However that if we allow block to be something that changes with level. What would be more realistic and imo a better addition is a system where block is never changed with use. It can be slowed down with jutsu effects, fatigue and poison and sped up with armor, jutsu effects and consumables. But the basic block should be the same for all.

and timing your block so perfectly that the shuriken are less than one metre away will block all 4.

The block has to be activated WHILE the shuriken are a certain distance away and not before, making holding block useless.

A Good idea 2 but the thing with a metres should be more like
as u lvl up u add points to the Guard Like :
Guard [1]  +

Bc in anime kids would dogde 5 shurikens
and trow 3 at once

Offline taigakun

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 06:13:05 »
Well, you could always just evade instead of trying to block 5 shurikens at a time thinking you are Madara

Offline AY0

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 10:06:48 »
Well, you could always just evade instead of trying to block 5 shurikens at a time thinking you are Madara
Well we both kno that ppl will be using shurikens
when they run aways thats u u block it

Offline Manuster

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 19:02:09 »

A Good idea 2 but the thing with a metres should be more like
as u lvl up u add points to the Guard Like :
Guard [1]  +

Bc in anime kids would dogde 5 shurikens
and trow 3 at once

nononono young one there will not be a points system.

I referred to levels but that was my mistake.

As you run, you get faster. As you use a jutsu, it gets stronger, wider and costs more chakra. Levels and points have nothing to do with it. Just like going to the gym irl, there will be little short term change but alot of long term change.

What if you're stuck in place from the effects of a jutsu?
What if you're trapped within a confined area?
What if it's a jutsu designed to hit it's target despite dodging?
What if you're getting attacked on multiple sides simultaneously?
What if blocking is faster than dodging?
What if you are Madara?

This is why you never have any good points, stupid postwhore. :D
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova