Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64418
Latest: GeorgeMousy
New This Month: 287
New This Week: 48
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 76127
Total Topics: 21837
Most Online Today: 1562
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 1505
Total: 1523

Author Topic: Chunin event  (Read 3766 times)

Offline goldustian

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • goldustian has no influence.
  • Sage of Demons
    • View Profile
    • [img]https://i.imgur.com/9RGzyWY.png[/img]
  • Clan: The Akuma clan
  • Organization: Shadows of the Haze
Chunin event
« on: June 14, 2017, 09:33:07 »
I dont know if its been decided yet but i think it would be a good idea to make the chunin exams an event. picture your self as a genin you get a notification that the chunin exams are taking place at (date here) at (time here) now you have a few days to prepare and get ready for the exams. you get to the exams and a screen pops up and randomly chosen fights happen. If you finish your fight before someone else you can spectate them. As the exams go on if you make to a certain part in the exams then you become jonin. if not you have to wait a few more days for the event to pop up again.

• Character Name: Saiko Akuma

Offline JayFromSubway

• Academy Student Poster
  • JayFromSubway has no influence.
  • Leader of both the Uchidan and Shishadan.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Uchidan
  • Organization: Shishadan
Re: Chunin event
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:04:25 »
I dont know if its been decided yet but i think it would be a good idea to make the chunin exams an event. picture your self as a genin you get a notification that the chunin exams are taking place at (date here) at (time here) now you have a few days to prepare and get ready for the exams. you get to the exams and a screen pops up and randomly chosen fights happen. If you finish your fight before someone else you can spectate them. As the exams go on if you make to a certain part in the exams then you become jonin. if not you have to wait a few more days for the event to pop up again.

That's genius. Perhaps the Kage can run it.
  • Character Name: Jay Uchidan

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:27:18 »
This. Has. Been. Planned. Please. Read. Around. The. Forums. Before. Posting. Thanks.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline goldustian

• Genin Poster
  • goldustian has no influence.
  • Sage of Demons
    • View Profile
    • [img]https://i.imgur.com/9RGzyWY.png[/img]
  • Clan: The Akuma clan
  • Organization: Shadows of the Haze
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:28:26 »
This. Has. Been. Planned. Please. Read. Around. The. Forums. Before. Posting. Thanks.
sorry i thought i read all the forums but i might have missed it.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 21:20:18 »
Don't worry about it @goldustian.
There's so much to go over because most of us have bin here 2 years or longer!! So a lot of stuff you think should happen has probably already bin planed or suggested

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 21:45:08 »
SLO:DM will not be taking place in the open world that SLO:MMO will be in, imagine DM to be a bunch of small servers with each one having a capacity of min. 2 - max. 64 players. Each small server will also have a specific game mode turned on (many are planned) taking place on a specific map (many are planned, in terms of size think about the current map in the test).

In terms of customization, in the first iteration of SLO:DM we plan to have basic customization limited to choosing gender, clothing (+color), hair (+color), skin color and eye color. Customizing body proportions and custom skins will not be present in DM 1.0.
This would be great, nice suggestion Seyi. I don't really think this would be a problem as it is planned for the actual MMO anyway.
Maybe if Vreg finishes the Chunin exams before the MMO release, it might be implemented into deathmatch for more content. But who knows.
Who said SLO:DM will stay the way it is at release, SLO:DM will actually keep getting updated with new content, game modes and maps while we work on the MMO. We can certainly have events in DM, like weekly or monthly automatically organized tournaments with rewards, but I don't see this being associated with shinobi rank. In DM, your shinobi rank will be directly associated with your ELO rating, you won't have to undergo exams to get a certain shinobi rank. Exams don't really fit in the whole DM environment, it's really a feature that would only work well in the actual MMO.

TL;DR

Ranks may be part of an event in terms of your ELO rank for as long as the MMO version isn't out yet (Death Match mode).
Once MMO is out then yes, ranks are a thing.

For now, the Kagescould hold one, but it would hardly be official :\

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!