Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64092
Latest: Clarazkaalota
New This Month: 4185
New This Week: 151
New Today: 26
Stats
Total Posts: 73956
Total Topics: 20804
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1071
Total: 1084

Poll

Should the system include people dynamically losing experience in certain skills or nah?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: September 08, 2015, 15:36:46

Author Topic: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's  (Read 11995 times)

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mordredeon has no influence.
  • Your friendly village writer
    • View Profile
Re: Sukiru (Skill) - A Redefinition of the Skill Experience in MMO's
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 04:25:40 »
You guys really know how to let me enjoy my polls, soon polls for my other suggestions will be up but I want to improve upon this as much as I can first. That being said, thank you Isis and @Leebz for your opinions, and @Isis I'm going to take that as a yes.

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 16:34:39 »
You guys really know how to let me enjoy my polls, soon polls for my other suggestions will be up but I want to improve upon this as much as I can first. That being said, thank you Isis and @Leebz for your opinions, and @Isis I'm going to take that as a yes.

I voted yes. It makes sense. When you don't practice something, you lose skill in it. Though I don't believe that the skill experience should start to decay until a skill isn't used AT ALL in say, two weeks. If you use it once before the 14 day period is up, I think that the time before decay should be reset again.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 19:55:58 »

I voted yes. It makes sense. When you don't practice something, you lose skill in it. Though I don't believe that the skill experience should start to decay until a skill isn't used AT ALL in say, two weeks. If you use it once before the 14 day period is up, I think that the time before decay should be reset again.

Yes, I hope that will be implemented. This is being added to the main post!

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 19:58:06 »
Yes. On certain skills.

But I also think that you should learn them back fast. Like in a week of practice you would be like before, this considering that it took you like 2 months to reach your apogee.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 20:00:57 by Konohuro »

Offline mordredeon

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 20:06:31 »
Yes. On certain skills.

But I also think that you should learn them back fast. Like in a week of practice you would be like before, this considering that it took you like 2 months to reach your apogee.

I think this is a good idea, but I'm not sure everyone else will...

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 11:37:38 »
I completely agree with what Kono said, maybe another poll? ^_^

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 13:34:43 »
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin

It is only realistic.

Besides, if you stop playing the game, you yourself will get worse at it little by little. The whole point of having a leveling system that doesn't specifically show the number of your levels is for your character alone to be an accurate demonstration of your in-game skill itself. With that being said, as you the player stop playing and become worse, your in-game character should also become worse.
I could go back to WoW right now, on my level 90 and still be able to do raids the way I use to. Playing games is like riding a bike, you never forget.
If I worked years on my character and come back to it being no better than a noob, I wouldn't bother playing again. Why should I work my ass off for years,decide to take a long break and return to just redo all my work? I'd rather continue from where I left off.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 15:58:41 »
I could go back to WoW right now, on my level 90 and still be able to do raids the way I use to. Playing games is like riding a bike, you never forget.
If I worked years on my character and come back to it being no better than a noob, I wouldn't bother playing again. Why should I work my ass off for years,decide to take a long break and return to just redo all my work? I'd rather continue from where I left off.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 18:45:48 »
No.
If I decide to quit for a year and leave my character, I don't want to return to find I'm at Genin level when I left it at Jonin

It is only realistic.

Besides, if you stop playing the game, you yourself will get worse at it little by little. The whole point of having a leveling system that doesn't specifically show the number of your levels is for your character alone to be an accurate demonstration of your in-game skill itself. With that being said, as you the player stop playing and become worse, your in-game character should also become worse.

The point of the game as that you're supposed to stay active. If your character in Naruto stopped training for 2 years, it wouldn't be as strong, so neither should your SLO character, as this isn't a typical MMORPG. Games which require active play to keep your ratings are successful often. For example, if you stop playing league of legends for a month your ranked points and ELO begin to decrease.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 22:03:31 »
No.

It is only realistic.

The point of the game as that you're supposed to stay active. If your character in Naruto stopped training for 2 years, it wouldn't be as strong, so neither should your SLO character, as this isn't a typical MMORPG. Games which require active play to keep your ratings are successful often. For example, if you stop playing league of legends for a month your ranked points and ELO begin to decrease.
Only if you get to a certain rank, i think that once you reach jounin+ that's when your character should start losing his skill.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Manuster

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 17:25:58 »
Wow! this is so cool! I especially like limits idea! wow!

+rep
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 15:58:51 »
I'm on board with loose "experience "
In specialty skills after jonin rank
Core skills -chakra control and stamina
(Witch I believe should be the basis for rank)
Should not be effected so you can get back to where you were faster.( And maintain your rank)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 16:04:46 by NinjaMirage »

Offline M

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • M has no influence.
  • yes i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 18:32:23 »
This is a good idea. I'm going to fall victim of this HARD. I am known for my random 2-month breaks from certain games.
  • Character Name: ℳ