Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64087
Latest: Antonsliny
New This Month: 4180
New This Week: 146
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 73950
Total Topics: 20798
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1047
Total: 1053
Google (6)

Author Topic: Learning About Your Kekkei Genkai  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Learning About Your Kekkei Genkai
« on: December 30, 2015, 18:07:09 »
I have no idea how the game is going to work yet. Whether we will spawn in the wilderness, whether we will spawn in the main village, whether we will spawn with our clans. I do not know. However, something I do believe is that each clan should have its own special place which cannot be raided or destroyed. This special place will be near the place of the clan's origin, whether it be near where the player spawns or not. In the player's character screen his/her clan should be shown. They can then, by whatever means, make their way to their clan area. Here, each clan will have an NPC teacher, who they can learn from. They will be able to learn about what their clan abilities are, how to get their abilities, the tiers of these abilities etc. They will be able to learn their clan history and things of the like. This hideout need not be fancy. Just a room which only clan members can enter in which they can learn about their clan and their abilities. I think this is the best way to do this, and it would mean that people need to try and find out if their clan has any special abilities, and so they aren't handed to them on a plate. In Naruto, people would be taught to use their abilities, though they were able to use them from the get go. For example, the Hyuga are each born with the Byakugan, but they must be taught to use it. This is how I believe it should work in the game.

Thank you for reading,

Kayleb

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Learning About Your Kekkei Genkai
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 18:32:31 »
i like this idea!!!!!!! With a game like this one were its up to you to decide how you want to play, I think it would make sense for you to spawn in the village that you choose at character creation but spawn as though that village found you with amnesia and brought you to there village... this would allow for you to choose a clan and get the chakra natures you want to play but with out being tied to that village.
 if you want to be part of that village you can still find your clan but swear an oath to the village.. once this happens and you brake that oath in any way you become rogue. this way both you and your character are trying to find there place in this shinobi world.
 By meeting and fighting people on missions for your start village you can start to find out what kinds of kekkei genkai are in game and decide if any or non of them fit your style of game play when you decide on one you have to travel to  the  clans origins, this makes it easy on the developers to add what ever patch to the players character at that time to add tree abilities and stat up or down effects based on clan kekkei genkai. like you said @Kayleb at this point you can start training with your clan.

the question i have is if you inherit the villages legacy will you be able to learn a clan's kekkei genkai ?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 19:09:06 by cmsurfer »

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 11:55:24 »
uhmm unless theres an option for that amnesia thing. Cause if this game follows through on the whole realism thing it wouldnt really make sense for clans to be accepting random people that were not born into the clan or even village.
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 17:17:37 »
from a roleplaying standpoint it would be fine because whichever clan(the character lineage) you choose first will just accept you as a clan member and fill in your memory about your past with the clan.

the downside to this is that it would put all clans(the character lineage) under gm control.

im not sure of a way to make clans(people that play the game together) and clans(the individual character lineage) work together? except to call^this clan an organization??

but this idea kinda clashes with whats planed so it may be a moot point. This is from the FAQ!

What are the chances of getting a Kekkei Genkai?
Extremely low. During character creation a special algorithm will be used to randomly grant some players a Kekkei Genkai and/or select a couple of players and give them a genetic mutation that results in a special power. These people will also be given the opportunity to pass on their special power to new players and progressively build a clan consisting of people with that special power. The ones getting a special power from someone else in this manner can call it a Kekkei Genkai (a technique limited to inheritance by blood). And in the same way the people that inherited their power from someone else will be given the opportunity to pass that power on to new players. This will result in some truly exclusive clans that have a Kekkei Genkai circulating.

once kekkei genkai are in the game can you chose one at character creation putting you in that clan and if you do dose this effect the algorithm chances of getting new kekkei genkai?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:55:10 by cmsurfer »

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:16:13 »
From what I understood how the clan system will work, your idea can't be efficient.
Before starting: I haven't read the other posts to this topic so if this has been already reproach, I apologize.

This is what i remember: When you create your character, you choose your char name as well as his family name.
If someone else who creates his character introduces the same name in the family name box than a clan with that name will be automatically created, which you will be part of.

Following your idea would mean those places should be placed randomly on the map and assigned to a clan resulting in a chaos everywhere along the map. After a few years of functioning, the game will be full of clan buildings everywhere.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 23:23:50 »
From what I understood how the clan system will work, your idea can't be efficient.
Before starting: I haven't read the other posts to this topic so if this has been already reproach, I apologize.

This is what i remember: When you create your character, you choose your char name as well as his family name.
If someone else who creates his character introduces the same name in the family name box than a clan with that name will be automatically created, which you will be part of.

Following your idea would mean those places should be placed randomly on the map and assigned to a clan resulting in a chaos everywhere along the map. After a few years of functioning, the game will be full of clan buildings everywhere.
and that was what i was thinking it seems like it would be all over place. letting players start their own clans seems like a good idea but of the volume of players that are expected if even.333 want  to make there own clan of there own then you're lookin at over 3,330 clans if .2 of these get kekkei genkai then we need to come up with 666 different kekkei genkai. this is also insane to try and program. not to mentions stories to go along with them. unless no one cares if there is a connection between kekkei genkai and clanes.

AS A SIDE NOTE I THINK THESE NUMBERS ARE CONSERVATIVE AS IT IS BASED ON 10,000 PLAYERS

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 04:10:44 »
lol!

the kekkei genkai planned for now are the unique chakra natures, the legacy of a village. the abilities wont be randomly generated for every clan, even if a clan ends up with one. Also the buildings are instanced, you can have multiple clan meetings in the same building. btw most
ppl who are coming to derply pvp while naked with an afro will make organizations ( guilds) not clans.

• Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 04:26:52 »
lol!

the kekkei genkai planned for now are the unique chakra natures, the legacy of a village. the abilities wont be randomly generated for every clan, even if a clan ends up with one. Also the buildings are instanced, you can have multiple clan meetings in the same building. btw most
ppl who are coming to derply pvp while naked with an afro will make organizations ( guilds) not clans.

ok so kekkei genkei have nothing to do with a clan in slo!!! that's fine.. i was just confused because back in january it looks like everyone thought that kekkei genkei would be blood related and that means with in a clan

and if this is the case then what is the kekkei genkei ideas topic for???
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:08:22 by cmsurfer »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 08:07:58 »
lol!

ok so kekkei genkei have nothing to do with a clan in slo!!! that's fine.. i was just confused because back in january it looks like everyone thought that kekkei genkei would be blood related and that means with in a clan

To give the Staff an idea of what Kekkei Genkai people want to see ingame, they still won't get it cause they came up with the Kekkei Genkai, the one who came up with a Kekkei Genkai will have as much chance as any other player to get it IF it gets implemented into the game. "Inheriting both chakra natures of a Hidden Village happens at 25% probability. Inheriting the combined chakra nature of a Hidden Village on top of that happens at an additional 0.8% probability. This all results in a total probability of 0.2% for a character to inherit a Hidden Village's combined chakra nature. Or, every 1 in a 500 players will inherit a combined chakra nature.". And no, no one(who was active) an year ago thought that Kekkei Genkai would be blood related, where are you picking that up from? I think the Passing Kekkei Genkai down using blood etc. was a hot debate back then, I think you might've mixed that up.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 10:21:30 »
lol!

To give the Staff an idea of what Kekkei Genkai people want to see ingame, they still won't get it cause they came up with the Kekkei Genkai, the one who came up with a Kekkei Genkai will have as much chance as any other player to get it IF it gets implemented into the game. "Inheriting both chakra natures of a Hidden Village happens at 25% probability. Inheriting the combined chakra nature of a Hidden Village on top of that happens at an additional 0.8% probability. This all results in a total probability of 0.2% for a character to inherit a Hidden Village's combined chakra nature. Or, every 1 in a 500 players will inherit a combined chakra nature.". And no, no one(who was active) an year ago thought that Kekkei Genkai would be blood related, where are you picking that up from? I think the Passing Kekkei Genkai down using blood etc. was a hot debate back then, I think you might've mixed that up.
+Rep Always so informative ^^
And KKG was a big debate back then, I dont know what the Staff decided upon though...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 16:39:25 »
@Shivraj  the only thing that made me think about bloodlines is that is canon to the
naruto universe- no one out side the hyuga clan was ever born with a byakugan same with sharingan or any kekkei genkai- if its not a bloodline trait i would recommend these special abilities be called something else to avoid this kind of confusion.