Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64344
Latest: ppu-pro_tync
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 49
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 75557
Total Topics: 21485
Most Online Today: 1116
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 883
Total: 900

Author Topic: Kages  (Read 7661 times)

Offline Chakra

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Chakra has no influence.
  • i was born original and wont die a copy
    • View Profile
Kages
« on: March 15, 2016, 15:21:27 »
Since kages are gonna be strong shouldnt they play the beta version to gain xp and abilities before the real game comes out.

• Character Name: Tasko

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Kages
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 15:46:58 »
Since kages are gonna be strong shouldnt they play the beta version to gain xp and abilities before the real game comes out.

There will be no set Kages, people vote for the kages.
So you can't really say who's going to be a kage in the full-game.

I also don't thing that they should get such privilege .

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 16:25:21 »

There will be no set Kages, people vote for the kages.
So you can't really say who's going to be a kage in the full-game.

I also don't thing that they should get such privilege .

In case that kages will be elected before the release of the game, I contradict you. They should gain a bonus of power as they are supposed to protect their people. Given the situation that they are chosen before the game, it means they passed through some tests that prove that they are worthy and responsible enough to gain such an advantage for the grater good of their purpose.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 17:29:58 »
You do not gain traditional levels here. You improve jutsu, chakra stamina and other abilites you will have, not to mention the use of those abilities, because you can miss with the most powerful techniques that are made. Level up your mind to SLO. Most of the kage likely are not going to use any of the jutsu from this stage of the game aside from chidori anyway.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline f-meister

• Academy Student Poster
  • f-meister has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:30:35 »
Would be better if they just didn't use any jutsus to start with maybe some taijutsu.

Wondering what peoples thoughts are about corruption and behind the scenes in the villages and black market/mafia organisations
  • Character Name: Garo

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 04:10:40 »
Would be better if they just didn't use any jutsus to start with maybe some taijutsu.

Wondering what peoples thoughts are about corruption and behind the scenes in the villages and black market/mafia organisations

I've thought about the behind the scenes stuff a little bit. Being a business magnate would be very fun, especially if you invest your money into the politics of the villages and eventually control it.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline f-meister

• Academy Student Poster
  • f-meister has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 17:37:29 »
Yeah it would be awesome, you could like control the rumors everyone hears and what the agenda of the village will be as the Kage are more military commanders. Dont really think they would need any special powers, maybe some way to control an army is needed and a level cap to qualify for the position.
  • Character Name: Garo

Offline yashin

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • yashin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 04:38:26 »

A Kage that gets caught hiring a rouge group would be a pretty big story eh. They use the group to start a conflict with a village then offer their support for money.
  • Character Name: Yashin

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 15:30:09 »
When it comes to behind the scene things, like corruption and what not, it's possible to occur. Will it be difficult to take over a village? Yes. Will it be difficult to control what people hear and what they do? Oh yea. Like in the real world you'll always find yourself opposed by someone, the only difference is that in SLO people are in a game. While SLO will have certain death mechanics, it's still a game. So as you find yourself a Kage of a village and you begin to work towards becoming a tyrant, just know that there'll be a much larger group of resistance because it's just a game and that'd be fun to do.

Also, more on topic, a Kage will not be elected before the MMO comes out, and even then a Kage won't be elected for a hot minute (couple weeks to a month).
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 16:54:39 »
kages dont have to be strong just player voted
  • Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 17:00:24 »

Kage's main purpose is to protect the village against any type of danger that would wipe his village from the surface of the world. He is the champion and the guardian of the village. For leadership, there is a council in which he has a say because of his importance.
Now I ask you, does he need to be strong?

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 17:12:06 »

Kage's main purpose is to protect the village against any type of danger that would wipe his village from the surface of the world. He is the champion and the guardian of the village. For leadership, there is a council in which he has a say because of his importance.
yes but he dosent have to to be kage if the players vote him and he is weakest guy in game he still is kage
  • Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 17:52:36 »

yes but he dosent have to to be kage if the players vote him and he is weakest guy in game he still is kage

Tell me, how can the weakest person in game get voted by the majority of villagers and be expected to protect those who voted for him?

Offline vipto

• The Lost Sennin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • vipto has no influence.
  • don't underestimate anyone, you might lose...
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 18:04:17 »

Tell me, how can the weakest person in game get voted by the majority of villagers and be expected to protect those who voted for him?
there will always be someone stronger than kages im sure
  • Character Name: hishiro Nakai

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 18:13:44 »
No, a Kage does NOT have to be the strongest player in the village. Players will vote in who the deem worthy whether that means a player who isn't very strong but is kind and diplomatically advanced or a leader who is highly mechanically skilled but not the best at politics. Two sides of the same coin. Just because a player isn't strong doesn't automatically deem him incapable of running a village and vice versa, a player who is the best Shinobi in a village doesn't automatically deem him the fittest to rule. It's up to the players and the current state of a village to determine who they think will be the best; if a village is at war and they need a new Kage then they may lean towards one whereas if they are trying to avoid war they may lean towards another. Situations will play a heavy role in who becomes Kage and so will the public image.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...