Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

Author Topic: Giant Shuriken  (Read 5117 times)

Offline The Cliche Cat

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • The Cliche Cat has no influence.
  • Work No Yes Money
    • View Profile
Giant Shuriken
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:53:09 »
One of the ninja tools in game should be a big/giant shuriken! It could work similar to how miniguns works in FPS, where it takes 2 or 3 seconds to warm up before it starts firing. In the case of the shuriken it takes a few seconds to start spinning it before you're actually able to throw it.

I would suggest that getting a hit with a weapon like this would do a decent amount of damage, since it is literally a large flying piece of sharp steel; It would be a mid/long range weapon. To prevent it from being op they could make it so you have to be standing still to throw it, and/or have it so you can only carry a maximum of 3; This would make sense because the big shuriken are indeed large and heavy.
If this was added to the game it would definitely be something I would have my character use.

• Character Name: Mei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Giant Shuriken
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 14:16:10 »
love the idea!! it could also have several hits of normal damage on a single hit, adding up to the damage you suggest.
This weapon type was planed if I remember right.
 If you want I can use the outline of the avatar you have and make it 3d with a fuma shuraken!!

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 18:24:10 »
     Sounds like it'd be completely impractical compared to most other shinobi weapons/jutsu...but regardless, it is still pretty cool to fantasize over >_). In my opinion, it should also pin enemies to whatever terrain is behind/beneath them -- within a certain distance of a meter or two, otherwise they're just knocked down or stunned; that could *really* make it an impressive weapon to behold (especially since you'd need to be particularly strong or otherwise boosting yourself with a good deal of chakra to wield it).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline The Cliche Cat

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • The Cliche Cat has no influence.
  • Work No Yes Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 23:22:50 »
love the idea!! it could also have several hits of normal damage on a single hit, adding up to the damage you suggest.
This weapon type was planed if I remember right.
 If you want I can use the outline of the avatar you have and make it 3d with a fuma shuraken!!

I'm having someone draw my character soon, so that won't be necessary; But thank you for the offer. That was very kind of you.

Sounds like it'd be completely impractical compared to most other shinobi weapons/jutsu...but regardless, it is still pretty cool to fantasize over >_). In my opinion, it should also pin enemies to whatever terrain is behind/beneath them -- within a certain distance of a meter or two, otherwise they're just knocked down or stunned; that could *really* make it an impressive weapon to behold (especially since you'd need to be particularly strong or otherwise boosting yourself with a good deal of chakra to wield it).

How would it be 'completely impractical'?
  • Character Name: Mei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 14:13:38 »
He means as a second strike weapon!! As an ambush weapon it's fine but it would take too much time to wind up if your already in a fight. Unless your able to create some distance with a Genjutsu or some trap.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 00:32:02 »

How would it be 'completely impractical'?

He means as a second strike weapon!! As an ambush weapon it's fine but it would take too much time to wind up if your already in a fight. Unless your able to create some distance with a Genjutsu or some trap.

^

Edit: Additionally, having those extra effects would increase its attractiveness overall -- if it's already going to take a good amount of strength (and the right opportunity to throw it), being able to pin the target down for another blow or two helps balance it out for a wider variety of situations.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 00:39:12 by Dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 11:40:23 »
The rigged shuriken would be a good effect too. If it dose less damage but has a splash damage effect.

Also the demand wind shuriken that Sasuke used against zabuza that folds up in to a blade would be much more practical for all around use. But the fuma style should do more damage.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:51:00 by NinjaMirage »