Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64057
Latest: trankhoa856325
New This Month: 4150
New This Week: 116
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 73870
Total Topics: 20751
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 962
Total: 975
trankhoa856325
Antonioqnr
Davidcruix
nhuy5656
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)

Author Topic: Health System  (Read 4417 times)

Offline AY0

Health System
« on: July 20, 2017, 21:56:38 »
Health Bar

Since in This Game You Will Only Have 1 Life , It Should Be Hard  to Die 
Vreg is Aiming to A Simulator of Shinobi LIFE

I Think The Health Bar should be Very Big , Should be a LIFE
This Game Aiming For More Skill in Game , Than Health Bar and Armor etc that wont be in game ( it will but wont be a huge impact with  armor)

yall Prob Already tought of that but

Creating a Health Bar Like Life Huge  , and Improving Health Bar As You Train,

Or Having No Health Bar and When u are close to death u bleed alot ur screen bleeds

but it has to be hard like having 2500/2500 Of Health  Needs to be huge since its 1LIfe 1Char u Spend ur Time

So the Fights Would Be More Intense ,  And Since Ppl When Fighting Will Have in mind that if you die u will have to restart your character that u love

That Will Make People Fight Like in Anime trying strategies and etc like in Anime

Good IDea?(prob already tought of it but ok)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 21:58:58 by AY0 »

• Character Name: AYO

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Health System
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:13:09 »
It probably wouldn't be a very good idea to have your health-bar increase concurrently with your prowess -- however, you make a fair point about its significance in combat. "Get-Stuck-In" types of fights in the current version are incredibly short --like a slightly more fantasized version of the time it takes for a fight to end in real life-- and I imagine the amount of powerful attack/deception/trapping jutsu available in later stages will be able to get to pretty vast quantities, making it so much easier to die.

...However, there's an argument that could be made that having a smaller/medium-sized health-bar for E V E R Y O N E would emphasize (Well, what do you know!) more stealthy, tactical game-play, for the exact reason you gave of people only having one life on a character. Additionally, characters will only die in the Perma-Death Border-Zones between each of the villages -- in all likelihood, it's quite possible that an entire invasion-force could slip through a border, attack another village, and lose *without* all of their characters specifically *dying* in that engagement.

In an equal respect, of course, that entire invasion-force could be ambushed and slaughtered simply because...wait for it...one side made proper use of an Intelligence Force to gather information on the enemy before and during their entrance into the Border-Zones (stream-sniping might even be a viable option here, although I doubt anyone with a lot of investment in their character would be stupid/crazy enough to openly give away their army movements through a stream -- but it's still a possibility).

The majority of players *probably* won't go into the Perma-Death zones -- and given the nature of many PvPers, most of them will *probably* know to try and book it from an area in which they *know* people are dropping like flies or are likely to. People are survivalists...what else is there to say?
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Suroshi

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Suroshi has no influence.
  • 𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋...𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗗 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗝𝗔
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:29:28 »
Vreg has said this game is a side project before.. I figure he will keep the same in game concept team death match or special events during the game you earn points which buys ninja tools and what not but when you die you lose all points.. Ive spoken to him before and he only seems interested in adding some villages, an aiming system, ninja tools like Shuriken, jump/aiming system that allows you to target a building than jump run on it/water running. 
The best ideas are vreg's ideas ;) However Vreg will add whatever he feels the people want the most. He told me the only way he will add more jutsu is if people can choose which ones than vote on them..Same concept.

I dont think people should have huge amounts of health or mana.. It should be some type of survival concept you stay alive as long as you can so play smart.. So when and if you die you just start over.

We shouldnt follow most game concepts and give people extra health because of their higher level.. In anime such as Naruto and in real life everyone has a possible chance of defeating someone else.. 

However I do think healing jutsu or health potions of some kind would have to be added or else you would never gain HP until you die which would suck...Which again I believe would be apart of the ninja tools system.

I feel like people put too much thought behind this game and have super high expectations. We will see updates but I honestly dont think the over all concept will change too much this will not be like a normal mmorpg I feel it will more or less stay how it is now just with new combat/running/jump systems, new places and ninja tools.. Everyone has great ideas but this is a project no one is serious about it... So dont get your hopes up.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 18:42:41 by Suroshi »
  • Character Name: Suroshi

Offline AbeMelbs

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • AbeMelbs has no influence.
  • Leader of The Creed
    • View Profile
    • Youtube - Vongola SLO
  • Clan:
    Code: [Select]
    [url=www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=3186.0][img]i.imgur.com/NWnjp2v.png?1[/img][/url]
  • Organization: The Creed
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 13:39:54 »
I think all health should be equal. Apart from the use of drugs or potions or something like that. However, the more skilled and developed you are, means that you become more resistant to attacks. Meaning that you health decreases slower. As it would in real life.
  • Character Name: Kyuzaki
What was I thinking?

View My Video

My Character

Offline AY0

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 14:24:27 »
I think all health should be equal. Apart from the use of drugs or potions or something like that. However, the more skilled and developed you are, means that you become more resistant to attacks. Meaning that you health decreases slower. As it would in real life.

What If EveryBody Have A Big Health and It wont grow
Like Life

Everyone has one life if u stab a 11y in the heart he dies the same thing
as a 45y

What if EveryBody Has the same health! but it must be big 

Thats good , if the attacks are overpowered its a good idea

everybody having the same life
  • Character Name: AYO

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 15:50:08 »
What if EveryBody Has the same health! but it must be big 

Thats good , if the attacks are overpowered its a good idea

everybody having the same life

You're forgetting that specialization will play a key role in character development -- not everyone will be able to branch out into multiple paths...fewer still will be able to *master* the majority of their attribute-levels and jutsu. So, for example, one person might invest in as much medium-level damage jutsu as possible -- however, they could be countered by a stealth/genjutsu-using kenjutsu-trained shinobi.

Health, in this case, is almost irrelevant to how successful everyone will end up being in a fight; by comparison, it's far more urgent to address how well each jutsu/jutsu-type works through the Chakra/Stamina-bars -- especially given the sheer numbers of techniques needed *per village*. If well-balanced, it wouldn't matter how much healing OR damage-jutsu you had if you were only capable enough to get off several large techniques before burning out.

The ultimate factor in determining the balance of power between the villages will, then, more than likely wind up being whichever village has had the longest, most well-trained/experienced/equipped shinobi. If the jutsu have reasonable risks/rewards, and everyone has the same tactics (don't get into a fight unless you have to, fight in greater numbers and know when to retreat), then the health-bars really shouldn't matter too much.

The only reason you would ever give people greater amounts of health is if you wanted to make it easier to retreat; However, if they go into a *Perma-Death Zone* in the first-place, they should be expected to be either cautious, or otherwise suicidal.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 23:12:58 »
Trying to judge Health based on the current build is kinda pointless. We have no substation jutsu, no genjutsu, no transformation or invisibility jutsu, no clone jutsu, no chakra armer, and any other number of jutsu that can help distract,  deceive , divert, block, avoid, or otherwise stop damage.

Not to mention ways of recovering health.
Personally I think health recovery should be automatic and slow. Somthing like .01% a second. It should be a percentage because the more health you have the faster you should heal. Example
2000 total health
You take 1500 damage
500 hp remaining x .01=5hp/sec
If you take 500 damage
1500 hp x .01= 15 hp/second

This also is a posable area for KKG. Increased heal rate like wolverines. Although maybe not that strong. Maybe a rate of .04-.08 range.

There is also medical ninjutsu to consider.
If you have super high levels of health it would take longer for this to heal you fully.

So the actual amount of health I would say dose not need to be super high. Just high enuph that no one jutsu in the game can kill you in 1 hit. If your able to catch someone off gaurd maybe a jutsu might be able to bring you down to 10 hp so that a strong fart can kill you but I don't think that any jutsu should be powerful enough to one shot someone.

Combination jutsu is another story. Using poisons and other effects to do the remaining  10 damage is fine in my opinion.
Or combinations of jutsu like water prison combined with strong lightning style to do drowning damage and contact damage. But by themselves no one jutsu should one shot anyone.

Looking back on these numbers now I'm thinking .01 is still too fast. You could recover 1500 damage in under 5 minutes.

With this fast of a health recovery there's little need for a medical ninja.

However if you make it .001 then it will take
A little over 1/2 hour to recover 1000 HP.
and if you drop under 1000 hp you cant recover hp at all
until a medical ninja or item boosts your hp over 1000.
at 1000 x .001 you will get 1hp a sec.
990 x .001 you will get 0.99 sec. but I suggest that we leave off
decimals and just deal with hole numbers.

I'm not sure if we bump it up alittle when you sleep? What dose everyone else think?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:28:39 by NinjaMirage »