Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75646
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1320
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1302
Total: 1316

Author Topic: Plot  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Plot
« on: March 09, 2015, 23:33:51 »
I know you guys want to make a "living" world where players make your own story, but how far will America go as far as lore and plot. Will there be main/minor quest lines to follow, or will there just be random events with players creating most of the action? Imo, there should be a bigger writing staff, as well as minor story arcs too follow if you're not so much into the whole "player-made story" type of stuff (i.e, non-rpers who generally whine if they don't have set goals to follow). Taking a look at StarWars Galaxies, we see that, although it was mostly player-run, there were still minor quests/story-lines you could follow. What do you guys intend to do in this department?

P.S. Let's just have mods/admins answer this one, players getting involved usually makes it way more complicated than it is.

• Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Re: Plot
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 13:08:07 »
Will there be main/minor quest lines to follow, or will there just be random events with players creating most of the action?

Yes.
  |
  v
Q: Will random NPCs have the ability to generate random quests/missions?
A: Village AI's will give out missions at random times. (Scripted missions ranging from simple, easy ones to complex, hard ones.)

how far will America go as far as lore and plot... Imo, there should be a bigger writing staff..

I am not sure how to put this in words, so bear with me.

America is currently tasked with writing each of the village lores, and yes, he may be the only writer, but we currently do not need any more; there isn't a high demand for one. This is because the game isn't near the MMO stage. The lores that are being written (that will be written) are here for, in my own opinion, two reasons: Firstly, for people to really "immerse" themselves into SLO's universe by reading and knowing the history of the SLO universe. People enjoy lore in all of its glory just like people enjoy books, hence the reason why Blizzard made their Wow lore into books. Lastly, the lore will be used for future reference when creating quest story lines.

The time will come in the future when a larger writing staff will become needed, and when that time comes the SLO plot/quest line/stuff will begin to take shape.

@dragon6624
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 13:12:53 by Xendrus... »
  • Character Name: Xendrus...