Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64435
Latest: gennick[dbgshhndgzvbjgm]
New This Month: 304
New This Week: 65
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 76333
Total Topics: 22012
Most Online Today: 1401
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1362
Total: 1382

Author Topic: On The Treatment of Organizations  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
On The Treatment of Organizations
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:43:46 »
This is just a quick question based around organizations, but: What happens when a rogue shinobi gets injured to the point of that 'Moral Choice' system? Assuming they have no village to be returned...to? Would it be one of the three situations below, or something else?

A. You knew the consequences, now you pay the price. At this point in time, the choice is lifted and your character--the rogue--is simply killed. No re-spawns in hospitals, just a summary execution and then the skipping off of the other shinobi to collect a paycheck well earned.

B. The enemy might still have a heart, and chooses to let you go. The screen fades to black and a timer pops up for...let's say out of kindness, 12 hours (irl time peeps). During this time, you're 'almost' a corpse, and there's the possibility other players will either end up healing you--in which case you despawn and wake back up once you return to the game--or they might just end up looting you for all you've got and leaving you. Either way, you're at the mercy of the elements, and once those 12 hours are up...fin.

C. The 'soft' treatment; your character might not have an actual 'shinobi' village to return to, but they can at least simply spawn up in a neutral NPC village -- namely, whichever is located the closest to your blackout-spot. Of course, this doesn't render you invisible, and any head-hunters residing within your same designated area -- well, their presence will be up to you to deal with...and they might not be so forgiving...

And for the sake of clarity--for 'everyone', now--let's stick with just Devs/Mods handling this one.

Further apologies if this was somehow discussed in another post, I suppose I simply missed it somehow -- if it does exist.

• Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline waly206

Re: On The Treatment of Organizations
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00:53 »
Wow you making great points
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:32:35 »
All i can do to make it easier.

@Vreg
@Nova
@Kai
@Cedie
@Xendrus...
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 14:50:45 »
Hmm, you bring up a solid situation. In an effort to keep it relatively fair, I would expect to see that the 3rd scenario is the most plausible and will likely be the outcome. This hasn't been brought up before, however, so I'll let you know when I get more accurate information.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 19:44:29 »
Hmm, you bring up a solid situation. In an effort to keep it relatively fair, I would expect to see that the 3rd scenario is the most plausible and will likely be the outcome. This hasn't been brought up before, however, so I'll let you know when I get more accurate information.

Alright, nice -- thanks for replying all the same.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 13:09:34 »
As far as I know villages don't exclusively treat their own people, you wake up in a nearby village regardless of your affiliation.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 15:21:44 »
As far as I know villages don't exclusively treat their own people, you wake up in a nearby village regardless of your affiliation.

Hmm -- so in that case, you could 'possibly' wake up in one shinobi village, get captured, and then get bargained off to the village you 'used' to belong to.

That could make certain between-village negotiations fairly interesting.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 20:14:26 »
I would think the only way this would be relevant is if your a Rouge that got beet by NPC'S in a non kill zone right.

No village Shinobi would chose to leave a Rouge alive when they could collect a bounty on there  corpse.

Still I suppose it's posable if your traveling alone.  But even rouges would normally travel in groups of 2 so I doubt NPC's could kill you

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 00:48:57 »
I would think the only way this would be relevant is if your a Rouge that got beet by NPC'S in a non kill zone right.

No village Shinobi would chose to leave a Rouge alive when they could collect a bounty on there  corpse.

Still I suppose it's posable if your traveling alone.  But even rouges would normally travel in groups of 2 so I doubt NPC's could kill you

1. So far as I know, NPCs --the type that kill, aka shinobi village guards-- will primarily be used for village defence; I'm unsure as to whether or not they'll also be a police-force like in other MMORPGs, but either way, the answer to that would be no. Since players are the main focus of this world, it would be *more* relevant in Player-Player Interaction rather than NPC-Player Interaction. And as for execution *within* a village, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say a proper village would have some sort of specialized Anbu-esc Room for executing rogues ((or other unlucky catches)) in private.

2. "When the Hang-Man catches you, oooh -- girl, you hang." Perhaps certain Shinobi would prefer to make names for themselves by capturing targets and bringing them back *alive*, or perhaps they'd simply need to follow orders given by certain Kage for a No-Kill Capture. Perhaps they need to be captured in order for certain jutsu techniques to be extracted from them via Genjutsu-Squads back in the village. Perhaps --as I implied previously-- a captured rogue would immensely help as a bargaining chip, sort of a "We have something you want, here's something we want in return" proposition. Perhaps certain Shinobi recognize that it's extremely impractical to try and carry a 150 lb corpse miles --perhaps even *Hundreds*-- back towards the village, especially since there's the possibility that it might disappear by the next Real-Time Day ((even if you were rushing it, you'd still be leaving yourself exposed due to the panic of having to Fast&Furious that stiff the entire way)); although a Shinobi Hunter ((insert proper term here)) would probably kill them right away, yeah.

3. Again, NPCs won't really be the patrols here -- *Players* are the focus of the action.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 13:36:37 »
I know about the villages but there will be NPC mobs of animals like wolves or a bear or tiger. These were the NPC's I was thinking about.

And like you said there could be RP reasons for leaving them alive but for the most part especially if the Rouge is from there village, the Shinobi will just kill them. But I guess it's somthing that should be worked out so that there's seamless game play.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 20:56:23 by cmsurfer »

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 11:39:38 »
I know about the villages but there will be NPC mobs of animals like wolves or a bear or tiger. These were the NPC's I was thinking about.

I think that, if a naruto-like-game suddenly got out, millions of players would play, people pairing up in 2 and people in 5. Thinking of the future, I don't really think there will be NPC Mobs, the only NPC would be merchants and village guards that should be all. Once you play the fully released game it'll be tons of players all roaming the SLO World, you won't be watching out for NPC Mobs, more like other online players.

Then again, you'd need wolves and stuff to get materials, for example: Wolf Skin, taking it to someone that knows how to make clothes, you'll be able to get a wolf skin vest.

There's not much a wolf can do against a ninja.

Talking about wolves, will there be ninja dogs? Will we be able to train 'em? Like Kiba?
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 11:51:13 »
Talking about wolves, will there be ninja dogs? Will we be able to train 'em? Like Kiba?

I believe the idea there was to have pets be a *cosmetic only* type of deal -- but you'll probably need to consult a mod further on that one. I do remember something about it being stated somewhere around here though.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro