Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64326
Latest: where can i order valtrex
New This Month: 195
New This Week: 31
New Today: 18
Stats
Total Posts: 75334
Total Topics: 21311
Most Online Today: 928
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 747
Total: 761

Author Topic: Death on the Perma-Death Server  (Read 10797 times)

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Re: Death on the Perma-Death Server
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 23:48:01 »
@Belligerence Exactly, once every week or something, the guards lower their guard. And you have 1 minute to escape. Don't know how but yeahh
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 08:09:11 »
Well if they are in "jail" for some time there should be a way to break out.

Yeah and for people to try to break them out.

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 04:49:29 »
Well it shouldn't be that easy. I don't know how the time aspect of prison in the game would be but I think that you should either have to wait it out or get others to break you out. Being able to escape because the guard lowers his guard lowers the crime of going to prison, because then everyone who goes to prison can easily get out.
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline Bearwaffles

• Genin Poster
  • Bearwaffles has no influence.
  • The Blue Serpent of Kaminarigakure
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 14:56:57 »
First off, you only die on hardcore when you get finished off after defeat, people seem to forget that.

Second, if there is no risk of losing your character, there is no point in having a separate hardcore server.

Frankly, I think we need to rethink how we deal with this whole separate server thing. Maybe it's not such a good idea. Maybe instead of having separate servers, we allow players to get reincarnated for a price, that way those who really don't want to start over can bring their character back by sacrificing real life money to the SLO God of Life. In this approach, death is still something one would want to avoid at ALL costs because re-buying life would come at a price of something like $100. But if it still occurred, for those having played for like 2 years there would still be a way out without having to completely start over.

With this approach, the best way to deal with criminals would be to throw them in jail instead of killing them. The cost of reincarnation also covers for the money we wouldn't make from those that get a premium membership purely to play cross-server.

What do you think?
You think $100 dollars just falls out of the sky? Some of us can't pay that much, guy. I think this is a really good idea but I also think $100 is a little bit too much money to spend on one character. Maybe for $100 you can revive all your chars. That's just a thought though.
  • Character Name: Kaito Hano
The Blue Serpent of Kaminarigakure (Hidden Thunder). Member of the Hano clan.
“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 18:48:48 »
First off, you only die on hardcore when you get finished off after defeat, people seem to forget that.

Second, if there is no risk of losing your character, there is no point in having a separate hardcore server.

Frankly, I think we need to rethink how we deal with this whole separate server thing. Maybe it's not such a good idea. Maybe instead of having separate servers, we allow players to get reincarnated for a price, that way those who really don't want to start over can bring their character back by sacrificing real life money to the SLO God of Life. In this approach, death is still something one would want to avoid at ALL costs because re-buying life would come at a price of something like $100. But if it still occurred, for those having played for like 2 years there would still be a way out without having to completely start over.

With this approach, the best way to deal with criminals would be to throw them in jail instead of killing them. The cost of reincarnation also covers for the money we wouldn't make from those that get a premium membership purely to play cross-server.

What do you think?
You think $100 dollars just falls out of the sky? Some of us can't pay that much, guy. I think this is a really good idea but I also think $100 is a little bit too much money to spend on one character. Maybe for $100 you can revive all your chars. That's just a thought though.
It's not $100 because Vreg expects people to pay that.
It's 100 because the people that have spend thousands of hours on the game have a way out.
The $100 revival is so dying actually means something, Vreg knows most people wont pay that so it'll still be a perma-death server but the true dedicated players can have a way to get back their well loved character.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Bearwaffles

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 01:03:19 »

What do you think?
It's 100 because the people that have spend thousands of hours on the game have a way out.
The $100 revival is so dying actually means something, Vreg knows most people wont pay that so it'll still be a perma-death server but the true dedicated players can have a way to get back their well loved character.

I still say $100 is too much for "free-to-play"
“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 16:22:56 »

What do you think?

I still say $100 is too much for "free-to-play"
first of all nothing can ever be TRULY free and it's free-to-play not free premium services for lifetime........
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 01:48:26 »
ya know I was just thinking, don't try to cut me up or cuss me out. Vreg said there would only be one server yeah? the normal/perm-death. So then what happens when this starts to get popular and that 1 server cant hold everyone on it and starts to crash? I cant remember if I read it somewhere or if it hasn't been talked about yet please do correct me though, wouldn't it be amazing to have more then just 1 server for the game? I still vote for 3 servers or at least two to start off with, the normal/perm-death server and then just a normal server.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline Bearwaffles

• Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 02:02:30 »
ya know I was just thinking, don't try to cut me up or cuss me out. Vreg said there would only be one server yeah? the normal/perm-death. So then what happens when this starts to get popular and that 1 server cant hold everyone on it and starts to crash? I cant remember if I read it somewhere or if it hasn't been talked about yet please do correct me though, wouldn't it be amazing to have more then just 1 server for the game? I still vote for 3 servers or at least two to start off with, the normal/perm-death server and then just a normal server.
We can make one, then make another after release when we need one. We will also have more money to buy another or more powerful server.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 03:37:26 »
One type of server, not one server. Obviously we need as many servers as needed to support our fanbase.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 11:21:44 »
Whoops my bad, I meant the type of server. thanks for clearing it up.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline joca94

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • joca94 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2015, 18:54:36 »
There should be channels like on Flyff instead of extra servers, its better to play Village vs Village with 10 000 vs 10 000 than 2000 vs 2000 :P
  • Character Name: Bloodpanda
I am missing you only when i am breathing said a guy with a sniper