Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 73879
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 755
Total: 770
Seo-Ul-nor
Vikiijo
Ernestfep
titlesuitsai
Google (AdSense)
Google (9)
Baidu

Author Topic: Building the foundation for this awesome game  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Sjones

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sjones has no influence.
  • KATON!!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Honō Clan

Building the foundation for this awesome game
« on: December 06, 2017, 19:51:00 »
Hey it's me again, after find this game after all these years it's been out shows a lot, it shows that this game isn't being exposed as it should which is disappointing. So that means we need to do something as a community. But first to the developers, Great F-ing job my friends, this is some good work y'all are doing and I am really happy to be here (even though I can't play it yet :( )
But other than that, this is what I had in mind to help build the community and help this game grow.

1. Put all your work in one village, I know that you guys are working on the Hidden Hill village but just put all your work in there and make it enjoyable for the community, give us something to do well you work on the next update in peace. After you work on the village, start adding activities, like learning at the academy, somewhere to practice our skills/jutsus, somehwhere to eat, somewhere to hangout. It's not much but it will help build the community and get people online with something to do besides running around.

2. Post more, I am not asking to post something major but at lease post something everyday or week to show that the game is still alive, so no one will leave and forget about the game. At lease a pic or something to keep the hype up you know?

3. NPCs, this will probably be hard asf but it gives live to the world, NPC shop owners and other Shinobi in the village like, guards, teachers, etc. You can also add some that would attack when you're traveling to another village, like rouge ninjas.

But back to my main point, I know am all over the place haha.
If you can get a lot of people in one village this will be a chance to showcase what the final game will feel like. Like building teams and setting up small missions, having a Kage and display how they work, Ninja ranks, learning a jutsu and mastering the jutsu (which I think you should make very hard so they won't be spamming and you have to spend time and work hard to do these things). All of these things can help display the daily life of a Shinobi, which I think will get more people aboard.

There are so much things I want to talk about but I don't want to annoy anyone, sorry if I did but these are just some ideas.

I wish I can help but I don't do 3d modeling anymore since I don't have a gaming PC like before but I have photoshop and I am pretty good at it, I helped work on a few mods for ARMA 3, I did 3d modeling and retexturing.

• Character Name: Akai hono

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Building the foundation for this awesome game
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 20:15:29 »
A. As you said, they're currently working on just implementing the Hidden Hill into the game as-it-stands - however, it isn't any old prototype, but a representative of what the scope every other village will seek to achieve or surpass. Because of the amount of work that needs to go into this, the task has been ongoing for quite a while.

B. So far as I know, most of the Devs are currently engaged in matters of life and livelihood; therefore, it's more difficult for them to pass on improvements to the mods, which makes it nigh-impossible for the mods to pass that info on to the community as a whole. The team is a piece-meal effort consisting of members all over the globe, with all manner of scenarios of their own to take care of in addition to this project.

C. I don't think we'll ever see Rogue Shinobi NPCs (just because they wouldn't serve that much of a point), but I do believe we'll be getting some basic NPCs such as guards to help over-power trouble-makers within the walls of each village. Venue NPCs may also be a possibility - you might want to make use of that handy-dandy "Search" tab up near the top of the site.

Slow down, Jones...you wouldn't want to give yourself a heart-attack.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .