Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64473
Latest: prednisone 50
New This Month: 342
New This Week: 18
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 77098
Total Topics: 22612
Most Online Today: 1307
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1294
Total: 1304
Bogdanrqx
Veronallw
Allajpc
Google (AdSense)
Google (6)

Author Topic: Sage Mode  (Read 22784 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Sage Mode
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 10:39:18 »
Hmm, i don't agree that the place for sage learning should be in other instanced, i think it will be okay like have written above, that the place should be changed, and i suggest the place should be like you can say moving :) and it should have a barrier around that place that can't be detected by our gps or minimap or map, even that place still in one world :) i mean instance.

It should be. If someone found the entrance to the place they could just call all their friends and learn sage mode together. But if it was instanced then you could make the place move once someone enters.

Sage mode shouldn't be OP anyway, it just means that less time will be spent developing ninjutsu or taijutsu, so it will be balanced out imo
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline niccosan

• Genin Poster
  • niccosan has no influence.
  • Trust Your Friend, Do Your Best, Never Giveup
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kiirioissen
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2015, 12:06:28 »
I agree with Kai, it should be more challenge to go to that Sage Learning Place :)
  • Character Name: Kiiroissen Niccosan
Kiirioissen

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 13:40:57 »
With sage mode I agree with the fact that it should be difficult to train/find in order to train.

But maybe they should add sage mode only jutsu that you require to be in sage mode to use like the Toad Oil Jutsu Jirayia could use and the way they could work is that the jutsu you get differ between what your primary chakra nature is, So if my primary chakra nature was fire and I went sage mode I'd get some sage jutsu variations or entirely new jutsu. This could even expand further than ninjutsu and into other jutsu that could be sage only like Genjutsu, Taijutsu, etc. If it's going to take a while finding this place or missing out on training your base abilities, it's got to be worth your while.
  • Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline Sage32801

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 01:18:31 »
Yes it should move every once in a while but should be hard to find. I've done some studying and found some probabilities.
Sage mode takes a very long time to learn so there should be some short cuts, with risk. Like in the anime there is a special oil that speeds the process of go through to first part of the traing which is gathering nature chakra. Even so there was the risk of turning into stone.
Also to mention, when one is turned to stone there info should be in graved in them so when others come to learn senjutsu, they will be able to see the ninja who trained but failed in the art of senjutsu.
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 02:48:12 »
Yes it should move every once in a while but should be hard to find. I've done some studying and found some probabilities.
Sage mode takes a very long time to learn so there should be some short cuts, with risk. Like in the anime there is a special oil that speeds the process of go through to first part of the traing which is gathering nature chakra. Even so there was the risk of turning into stone.
Also to mention, when one is turned to stone there info should be in graved in them so when others come to learn senjutsu, they will be able to see the ninja who trained but failed in the art of senjutsu.
Things that should not be:there should not be no one turning into stones.

Purpose of sage jutsu:I think this is a good idea having sage mode be a counter to genjutsu and KG making all those with these powers need to learn their original jutsu in oder to avoid being defeated. Also it should amplify the first element jutsu you have if they both are the same element.

Level needed to use this jutsu: I think until you are at a curtain level on your first jutsu element or if you are low level it will take longer to develop SJ. You also need to train hard with the jutsu so you dont just develop the skills.

Where you should find the SJ:Well i think since the PD area is so huge there should be caves spawning with each SJ element scroll inside at random times. But it will never spawn in the same place or at least try not too this will make it purely luck you find a SJ scroll laying around. It will give reason to go into the PD area and also raise the risk factors of  running into people IMO.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:59:01 by ParadoxRonin »
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Sage32801

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 03:38:18 »

Purpose of sage jutsu:I think this is a good idea having sage mode be a counter to genjutsu and KG making all those with these powers need to learn their original jutsu in oder to avoid being defeated. Also it should amplify the first element jutsu you have if they both are the same element.

Level needed to use this jutsu: I think until you are at a curtain level on your first jutsu element or if you are low level it will take longer to develop SJ. You also need to train hard with the jutsu so you dont just develop the skills.

Where you should find the SJ:Well i think since the PD area is so huge there should be caves spawning with each SJ element scroll inside at random times. But it will never spawn in the same place or at least try not too this will make it purely luck you find a SJ scroll laying around. It will give reason to go into the PD area and also raise the risk factors of  running into people IMO.

Turning into is a huge factor in the senjutsu practice( if you fail or is too weak). But the idea of the scrolls being in the PD is excellent. More players will want to search the area if there was goods there and this might encourage players to search in groups as well making the area a fight against groups as well.
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 04:15:44 »

Turning into is a huge factor in the senjutsu practice( if you fail or is too weak). But the idea of the scrolls being in the PD is excellent. More players will want to search the area if there was goods there and this might encourage players to search in groups as well making the area a fight against groups as well.
IDK turning into stone is a big consequence when you worked so hard to find it. I feel that you just cant use it til you are worthy.
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 13:13:13 »
I don't think Sage Mode should be in. It is too OP to be considered imo. Even IF it is hard to find, it's almost like giving someone Vreg abilities. If we are considering something that is not as strong as Sage Mode to be the SLO Sage Mode it would render it pointless as it is not like the animes Sage Mode and therefore it would just be considered similar to a Kekkei.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 19:33:30 »
I don't think Sage Mode should be in. It is too OP to be considered imo. Even IF it is hard to find, it's almost like giving someone Vreg abilities. If we are considering something that is not as strong as Sage Mode to be the SLO Sage Mode it would render it pointless as it is not like the animes Sage Mode and therefore it would just be considered similar to a Kekkei.
but then thats like saying KG is that same no dude SJ should stay
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 19:58:28 »

Btw, if you are not up to date with Shippuden Dub, do not read this post. It contains some spoilers within.

Put it this way: How many people in Naruto knew Sage Mode? Oh.. Only Naruto and Jiriyah..
When did Naruto get permission to learn Sage Mode?.. Oh yeah.. After Jiriyah died...
Why was that? Because only ONE person could have a contract with the Toads at a time. This doesn't only effect the relation to Naruto as an anime, it is ridiculously OP. If you had Sage Mode for one person you'd have to make thousands of others relating to unique animals and it'll cause arguments seeing as everyone wants a certain one or the same as someone else. This just complicates things and takes Devs away from other things that would be considered more related to Naruto with many people having that thing such as KGs. With KG, anyone in that clan can have that specific thing. So you could have 10 KGs and it could occupy 10,000 players. (1,000 with a specific KG and there can be more) whereas if you had 10 Sage Modes, which btw would have to be unique animals, that will only occupy 10 players... You'd have to make 10,000 different Sage Modes to get the same number of players who have a KG to be fair.

This is just too complicated and OP to be considered IMO. And you can't just say "SJ stays" like it has been decided already and being developed. You're not a dev. I stick by my point that it is a bad idea. I would love to have Sage Mode but not if I was going to get bitched at by butthurt people who wanted the contract I had.

Before anyone (Probably ParanoidRonin) says "They could kill you in perma and get your contract." think how stupid that sounds. It's not because Jiriyah dies that Naruto got the contract. It was SIGNED AWAY to Naruto before Jiriyah went into battle. Therefore this just becomes even more annoying to add into the game. If it doesn't relate to the anime but uses the same name (So Sage Mode without the complications) it isn't the same thing. It should be named something else.

Btw, sorry if this is complicated to read. I just rushed it and stated my points in one big mash up message. If you don't get it, don't worry. To sum up I am against this idea.

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 22:27:38 »

Btw, if you are not up to date with Shippuden Dub, do not read this post. It contains some spoilers within.

Put it this way: How many people in Naruto knew Sage Mode? Oh.. Only Naruto and Jiriyah..
When did Naruto get permission to learn Sage Mode?.. Oh yeah.. After Jiriyah died...
Why was that? Because only ONE person could have a contract with the Toads at a time. This doesn't only effect the relation to Naruto as an anime, it is ridiculously OP. If you had Sage Mode for one person you'd have to make thousands of others relating to unique animals and it'll cause arguments seeing as everyone wants a certain one or the same as someone else. This just complicates things and takes Devs away from other things that would be considered more related to Naruto with many people having that thing such as KGs. With KG, anyone in that clan can have that specific thing. So you could have 10 KGs and it could occupy 10,000 players. (1,000 with a specific KG and there can be more) whereas if you had 10 Sage Modes, which btw would have to be unique animals, that will only occupy 10 players... You'd have to make 10,000 different Sage Modes to get the same number of players who have a KG to be fair.

This is just too complicated and OP to be considered IMO. And you can't just say "SJ stays" like it has been decided already and being developed. You're not a dev. I stick by my point that it is a bad idea. I would love to have Sage Mode but not if I was going to get bitched at by butthurt people who wanted the contract I had.

Before anyone (Probably ParanoidRonin) says "They could kill you in perma and get your contract." think how stupid that sounds. It's not because Jiriyah dies that Naruto got the contract. It was SIGNED AWAY to Naruto before Jiriyah went into battle. Therefore this just becomes even more annoying to add into the game. If it doesn't relate to the anime but uses the same name (So Sage Mode without the complications) it isn't the same thing. It should be named something else.

Btw, sorry if this is complicated to read. I just rushed it and stated my points in one big mash up message. If you don't get it, don't worry. To sum up I am against this idea.

um you have went far off the map with this bro remeber this aint naruto so chill with the naruto facts.SJ is just as much need as GJ and KG.IMO
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 23:38:47 »

um you have went far off the map with this bro remeber this aint naruto so chill with the naruto facts.SJ is just as much need as GJ and KG.IMO
Then you don't care for facts.. This IS Naruto inspired.. As many agree. If you wanna be Naruto with Sage Mode go play Ultimate Ninja Storm

Offline Reloo

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reloo has no influence.
  • Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 23:52:43 »

The fact that both Naruto and Jirayah could summon toads invalidates the idea that only one person could have a contract with an animal at a time. Along with this, I didn't see it as Jirayah wanting nNaruot to learn it as it would provide a quite a boost to his abilities which he would need to battle the leader. However Naruto wasn't sent to learn before hand as there were dangers to learning and utilizing the jutsu incorrectly (and kishi hadn't thought of it yet /shot). Not saying that I support sage mode in the game, but it me it seems, and I can be wrong(please correct me if I am), that this reasoning is incorrect.
  • Character Name: Acacia BurÅ«mu

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 00:07:11 »

Then you don't care for facts.. This IS Naruto inspired.. As many agree. If you wanna be Naruto with Sage Mode go play Ultimate Ninja Storm
no one said i wanted to be naruto so dont put things in my mouth also read facts this is not naruto.
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 01:36:31 »

no one said i wanted to be naruto so dont put things in my mouth also read facts this is not naruto.
With all the stuff you've been saying about Sage Mode, with no real good reasons for it to be in SLO, seems like you want to be Naruto.
Also, learn to read.. I said Naruto INSPIRED.. Which this is. To take something from Naruto but not follow the rules of it is ridiculous. you might as well call it something else. It's like "Oh, let's put Sharingan in the game! But instead of it enhancing movements and copying jutsu, it can shoot lasers!". I have nothing else to say on this matter. My opinion has been stated. Now stop being salty because I disagree with Sage Mode..