Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64083
Latest: Vikitjv
New This Month: 4176
New This Week: 142
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 73946
Total Topics: 20794
Most Online Today: 1675
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1191
Total: 1198
JustinzeRok
Google (6)

Author Topic: RIP MEEK PRAISE DRE  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Uchiha Slade

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Uchiha Slade has no influence.
  • Thanks for your support!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Rōguhantā
RIP MEEK PRAISE DRE
« on: August 11, 2015, 20:00:25 »
As the subject suggests the rap game has been flipped-turned upside down! What are your thoughts?

Before I downloaded Dres album I was pretty sure everyone was just dick riding but nope. It genuinely fucking slaughters anything out atm. This shit is on par with to pimp a butterfly right now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 20:08:23 by Uchiha Slade »

• Character Name: Shun Himitsu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: RIP MEEK PRAISE DRE
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 17:04:45 »
I listen to Dre because I can actually understand wtf he's saying.

...that and he doesn't always have to talk about butts or melons...though I have noticed some of his stuff of late is more...pissy at peeps for having ignored him.

Cue "Forgot about Dre" and "Still Dre".
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 17:05:34 »
Meek was never big time therefore the fact he has flopped doesn't mean the rap game has "flipped-turned upside down!"
Tbh, new style rap is pure shit anyway. All about explosion sounds or gunfire sounds and talking utter nonsense about wealth they:
A) Haven't got
B) Have got
C) Wish they could get and are trying so hard they'll never get it by talking about it

If you compare the old-school rap to new-school you'll notice a huge difference. It's as if those who are producing it have no respect for the art..
There is a small handful that do care about it and rap about meaningful things, Hi Rez and MGK to name a few, but those such as everyone in YMCMB are sellouts or never had anything to sell out for and hopped on the hype spitting pointless shit and getting fans that know nothing about rap following them. (No offence to anyone who likes their stuff)

The beef between Meek and Drake is fucking stupid. Two shit rappers (One with no talent and one with ghost writers) taking digs out on each other.
Yes, Meek flopped hard on his diss track but Drake had to pull someone on his diss track to make it worth listening to and even then it wasn't all that either.

As for Dre, I haven't been following what he does lately. Dre is Dre and is one of the prime reasons rap is so popular. He helped shape rap along with many others and that is all I have to say about that.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:48:39 »
No matter what happened in the Meek and Drake beef, Meek benefitted more. He called out a much more famous rapper and had multiple songs made about him, and made songs about Drake. There's no such thing as bad press.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 15:06:21 »
No matter what happened in the Meek and Drake beef, Meek benefitted more. He called out a much more famous rapper and had multiple songs made about him, and made songs about Drake. There's no such thing as bad press.
I wouldn't say that. There is many memes going around on how he flopped his diss track, which he did.
I think this whole "beef" thing has hurt him more than helped him. Fans leaving him because he let a fake rapper like Drake beat him in a diss track. (Yes, Drake pulled someone on his diss track but he still had way better bars than Meek, regardless of how shit they were)
I say "beef" lightly as this is two shit rapper throwing insults like it's the playground. They aren't even spitting hard shit, it's all weak. Nothing like the beef that happened in old-school rap.
But yeah.. pointless beef, shit bars and a pointless reason to even get into beef in the first place.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai