Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64068
Latest: Julikiq
New This Month: 4161
New This Week: 127
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 594
Total: 605
Marinamog
Marinaaxh
Google (9)

Author Topic: General discussion  (Read 516505 times)

Offline Nova

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nova has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: General disscusion
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2016, 15:42:49 »
Alright I understand.

@Cryptonexin
Keep in mind that I'm not telling you to stop yourself from posting whatsoever, as your posting does bring activity to the forum.
But posts such as the one on Chokara "Limits why are you never online"  Could've been asked him using a private message ^.^

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2016, 07:57:52 »
That's the dumbest excuse for having an unfair game lmao.
Besides, this isn't life -- it's a Naruto based free-roam game. Why should it be unfair? What advantage does that bring to the marketing of SLO? - child_abuser

Ofc this isn't life lol, And if it would be anybody's life then it would be very sad :(
And don't be scared that the game will be unfair the devs will most likely put enough crap in it so you will be able to defend yourself.
Great discussion much wow, I enjoyed it ^__^
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2016, 10:39:44 »
@child_emperor it is not true that it will be unfair for the ones that will not have that technique.

1. Everything, no matter how tough it looks, has a weakness.
2. I'm sure the devs will make it fair.
3. The two things this MMO is inspired from is Real Life and the Naruto world, both are unfair, you don't see everyone running around with sharingan and/or Susanoo in the anime, same applies to the real world, it isn't fair, deal with it.

The strong survive, don't leave the safe zones unless you are ready to take on people that are stronger than you. Of course you can be attacked when you least expect it, but you need to be ready at all times in such an area, atleast in won't be a one hit kill :P you'll have a chance to escape/kill the one attacking you, plus you rarely do inter-village travel in such a game unless you're rogue, which we are, and we need to accept the risks, I doubt people with such high level techniques will give a shit about nubkilling.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:51 »
@child_emperor it is not true that it will be unfair for the ones that will not have that technique.

3. The two things this MMO is inspired from is Real Life and the Naruto world, both are unfair, you don't see everyone running around with sharingan and/or Susanoo in the anime, same applies to the real world, it isn't fair, deal with it.

The strong survive, don't leave the safe zones unless you are ready to take on people that are stronger than you. Of course you can be attacked when you least expect it, but you need to be ready at all times in such an area, atleast in won't be a one hit kill :P you'll have a chance to escape/kill the one attacking you, plus you rarely do inter-village travel in such a game unless you're rogue, which we are, and we need to accept the risks, I doubt people with such high level techniques will give a shit about nubkilling.

1. Okay, you're talking about things that can only happen in an anime now lol, please explain to me how a stats buff and special skills such as the Susanoo (in-game) can have a weakness? The only time that would lose is if the opposition has higher stats that can stand a chance and beat the user with Susanoo.

2. I hope they put something in place and make the game fair.

3. The Susanoo is unbeatable, therefore if that same logic applies in-game, it automatically becomes unfair.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #289 on: March 02, 2016, 11:07:30 »

1. Okay, you're talking about things that can only happen in an anime now lol, please explain to me how a stats buff and special skills such as the Susanoo (in-game) can have a weakness? The only time that would lose is if the opposition has higher stats that can stand a chance and beat the user with Susanoo.

3. The Susanoo is unbeatable, therefore if that same logic applies in-game, it automatically becomes unfair.
Not unbeatable, you just need enough force to break through it. It consumes chakra, fast. They will put something in place.

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2016, 15:19:06 »

Not unbeatable, you just need enough force to break through it. It consumes chakra, fast. They will put something in place.
what about something, like in the naruto the last when naruto and sasuke combined their summons?
  • Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2016, 15:25:20 »

Susanoo is an ability that causes blindness in the user... since there's no way to steal someone's eyes in the game the games susanoo could cause damage to you, or have a limited time it can be active,or have a serious drain on  your stamina.

Offline Kamashe

• Genin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kamashe has no influence.
  • Im Mars from now on
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization:
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2016, 15:26:41 »

Susanoo is an ability that causes blindness in the user... since there's no way to steal someone's eyes in the game the games susanoo could cause damage to you, or have a limited time it can be active,or have a serious drain on  your stamina.
or cause a dizziness effect?
  • Character Name: Kuriha himitsu

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2016, 15:27:40 »

what about something, like in the naruto the last when naruto and sasuke combined their summons?
Idk, @Vreg you got any idea?

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #294 on: March 02, 2016, 15:38:41 »
There will not be a susano'o.... Any armor they make will be thought out and balanced. Also there is a difference between balanced and even lol. If someone uses the wrong technique ( whether its a jutsu or tactics ) their chances of winning already go down no matter how powerful their stats are. There is the option to fight them another time, or to use attacks from different angles so they want to keep the armor up and consume their resources.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline mattaleks

• Texture Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Academy Student Poster
  • mattaleks has no influence.
  • eh
    • View Profile
  • Clan: The Sabaku Kuchikomi

« Reply #295 on: March 02, 2016, 17:34:35 »

im sure we will have some type of jutsu/skill similar to the susano'o but balance will always come first before realism. nothing will be unbeatable
  • Character Name: Matt

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #296 on: March 02, 2016, 19:12:00 »

im sure we will have some type of jutsu/skill similar to the susano'o but balance will always come first before realism. nothing will be unbeatable

This is what I'm talking about. Balance and fairness are the main ingredients to a successful game.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #297 on: March 02, 2016, 19:58:30 »

This is what I'm talking about. Balance and fairness are the main ingredients to a successful game.

Having physical and tactical drawbacks to powerful jutsu is balanced fair and realistic to both naruto and reality.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2016, 20:21:21 »
@Vreg
Will the Earth Dome be breakable?

Nice addition to the forums :3, may it bring more activity.
In the future it will take damage and eventually break through our physics engine, now however we're not doing that.

I Have not seen anything about the physics engine- If it effects Jutsu will it affect the body as well?? such as determine how much stamina it take to carrie Items Or how much damage the body can take in terms of bones? Just curious!?

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2016, 20:25:15 »
@Vreg
Will the Earth Dome be breakable?

Nice addition to the forums :3, may it bring more activity.
In the future it will take damage and eventually break through our physics engine, now however we're not doing that.

I Have not seen anything about the physics engine- If it effects Jutsu will it affect the body as well?? such as determine how much stamina it take to carrie Items Or how much damage the body can take in terms of bones? Just curious!?
I meant for making the wall crumble, not for calculating how much more damage it can take. However we will have an in-house system for calculating that, handling what you've mentioned and more.
  • Character Name: Vuregu