Forum > Shinobi Life Online Suggestions

Taijutsu styles

(1/5) > >>

Brakelvierr:
Don't know if this has already been suggested, I hadn't seen it but if it has could someone please link it to me.

So I've been thinking with regards to taijutsu, I presume it's going to be active combat but this'll still effect it, when someone picks taijutsu of any kind we should get to pick what kind of style of taijutsu we learn to augment the way our taijutsu works i.e I'd pick a defensive style and when I guard I would take less damage from an attack or an Agile style where I hit, guard and move fast but my hits and guards wouldn't be as effective so dodging and getting sets of quick strikes would be my best bet.
This could also branch off into other taijutsu types like I said earlier so to have a more defensive sword style or something along those lines. This would also vary taijutsu fights for both you and your opponent and make them a bit more fun.
Maybe you could learn the other styles or special styles from other villages (not necessarily hidden villages) and devote your ninjas life to learning and mastering all these fighting styles.

Anyway just wanted to get some feedback on this idea (Partly because there was talk of a village being made where they use drunken boxing/way of the drunken fist :P also thought this would bring more realism into the taiujutsu combat)

granit:

--- Quote from: Brakelvierr on July 09, 2015, 11:38:19 ---Don't know if this has already been suggested, I hadn't seen it but if it has could someone please link it to me.

So I've been thinking with regards to taijutsu, I presume it's going to be active combat but this'll still effect it, when someone picks taijutsu of any kind we should get to pick what kind of style of taijutsu we learn to augment the way our taijutsu works i.e I'd pick a defensive style and when I guard I would take less damage from an attack or an Agile style where I hit, guard and move fast but my hits and guards wouldn't be as effective so dodging and getting sets of quick strikes would be my best bet.
This could also branch off into other taijutsu types like I said earlier so to have a more defensive sword style or something along those lines. This would also vary taijutsu fights for both you and your opponent and make them a bit more fun.
Maybe you could learn the other styles or special styles from other villages (not necessarily hidden villages) and devote your ninjas life to learning and mastering all these fighting styles.

Anyway just wanted to get some feedback on this idea (Partly because there was talk of a village being made where they use drunken boxing/way of the drunken fist :P also thought this would bring more realism into the taiujutsu combat)

--- End quote ---

You don't pick your style , they way you train and fight defines your style

Brakelvierr:

--- Quote from: granit on July 09, 2015, 11:43:33 ---
--- Quote from: Brakelvierr on July 09, 2015, 11:38:19 ---Don't know if this has already been suggested, I hadn't seen it but if it has could someone please link it to me.

--- End quote ---

You don't pick your style , they way you train and fight defines your style

--- End quote ---

I realise this, but having a style would cover these spots unless we have masses of skills like Agility, Strength and Armour/Defense rating. To my understanding we were just investing our time into expanding our skills like taijutsu, genjutsu and etc. It also still can have a place in a 'pick the way you play' environment, If I wanted to play a fast character would I just spam my attack key, frankly that sounds boring and kind of redundant.
Regardless I think unique fighting styles would still be able to fit in and would be a cool addition

StrawHatSeyi:
There will be no stats. It's all on how good the irl player is. The only way to get stronger is to train, by doing workouts for example push-ups, or wearing leg weights. Or even practicing your taijutsu. You will not choose style.

Brakelvierr:

--- Quote from: StrawHatSeyi on July 09, 2015, 12:39:58 ---There will be no stats. It's all on how good the irl player is. The only way to get stronger is to train, by doing workouts for example push-ups, or wearing leg weights. Or even practicing your taijutsu. You will not choose style.

--- End quote ---
But if you are working on training (on your own) and not actually improving your personal skill, isn't that kind of redundant if there is a lack of stats.
Also I'm aware of the lack of stats I've been on this forum for quite a while now (Just without an account).
And I've said this in response to Grantit, sorry if I sound overly adamant about this, at least (I'm hoping we can compromise on this point) make something unique to do with learning a technique at these villages, unless I've got a mission to them or want to learn the lore behind them, what will be my incentive to visit these little villages, from the concept art for them on the IndieDB page they look really interesting and pretty but what purpose will they serve if I'm just going to hang around them and do nothing there. Anyway I see the whole fighting style thing is a lost cause but I at least want to make one good suggestion come from this thread so it isn't a waste of peoples time or space on the front page of the suggestions board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version