Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64442
Latest: psylolo
New This Month: 311
New This Week: 72
New Today: 12
Stats
Total Posts: 76518
Total Topics: 22106
Most Online Today: 2010
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 999
Total: 1016

Author Topic: Death on the Perma-Death Server  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Death on the Perma-Death Server
« on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:05 »
Currently, the idea for the perma-death server is that once your character dies, it dies forever and you would need to start a new character if you wish to carry on playing. This will add a very real sense of danger to the server. However, when in practice, I don't believe that people will at all enjoy completely losing their character. Therefore, my suggestion is that once you die on the perma-death server, your character is transferred to the normal server, and is never able to return. This will mean that you lose the enjoyment of playing hardcore, and if you wish to return to the hardcore server, you will be forced to create a new character. This would stop the anger of people completely losing their character, but at the same time it will give players an incentive to survive on hardcore.

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Death on the Perma-Death Server
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:59:27 »
Yeah, lots of players will go on hardcore and play the game for years just to lose it then quit.
And some might say that hardcore is called hardcore for a reason, and it will stay that way, as only the best shinobi will survive.
You should add on that premium members can't switch from normal back to hardcore once this happens.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 11:10:19 »
Nice idea and I support this idea, I would like for this to be implemented.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:12:18 »
Hmm, yeah it would stop people getting pissed off or as pissed off as they would be if they lost their character completely.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 11:24:47 »
It unbalances things. It's been said many times that the power scales will be different in the Hadcore and Normal server. So you die on Hardcore, and come back overpowered by Normal server means.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:31:03 »
It unbalances things. It's been said many times that the power scales will be different in the Hadcore and Normal server. So you die on Hardcore, and come back overpowered by Normal server means.

But premium members can switch between the servers as much as they want, right? So they could just train in the hardcore and switch to the normal and be overpowered.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 11:33:03 »

But premium members can switch between the servers as much as they want, right? So they could just train in the hardcore and switch to the normal and be overpowered.
Premium.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 11:43:35 »
Um slo is supposed to be NOT pay 2 win right? And what can be done is that like I trained for like 20 days on the hardcore server and got that boost right? So when I die in the hardcore server and then Transfer to the normal server the game automatically calculates the exp i WOULD'VE gotten if I trained for 20 days on the normal server. Feel Free to point out the pros and cons.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 11:45:31 »
But what if you character dies again, and again and again. You will have many characters in normal server
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 12:06:04 »
First off, you only die on hardcore when you get finished off after defeat, people seem to forget that.

Second, if there is no risk of losing your character, there is no point in having a separate hardcore server.

Frankly, I think we need to rethink how we deal with this whole separate server thing. Maybe it's not such a good idea. Maybe instead of having separate servers, we allow players to get reincarnated for a price, that way those who really don't want to start over can bring their character back by sacrificing real life money to the SLO God of Life. In this approach, death is still something one would want to avoid at ALL costs because re-buying life would come at a price of something like $100. But if it still occurred, for those having played for like 2 years there would still be a way out without having to completely start over.

With this approach, the best way to deal with criminals would be to throw them in jail instead of killing them. The cost of reincarnation also covers for the money we wouldn't make from those that get a premium membership purely to play cross-server.

What do you think?
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 12:09:22 »
First off, you only die on hardcore when you get finished off after defeat, people seem to forget that.

Second, if there is no risk of losing your character, there is no point in having a separate hardcore server.

Frankly, I think we need to rethink how we deal with this whole separate server thing. Maybe it's not such a good idea. Maybe instead of having separate servers, we allow players to get reincarnated for a price, that way those who really don't want to start over can bring their character back by sacrificing real life money to the SLO God of Life. In this approach, death is still something one would want to avoid at ALL costs because re-buying life would come at a price of something like $100. But if it still occurred, for those having played for like 2 years there would still be a way out without having to completely start over.

With this approach, the best way to deal with criminals would be to throw them in jail instead of killing them. The cost of reincarnation also covers for the money we wouldn't make from those that get a premium membership purely to play cross-server.

What do you think?
I really like this idea. And for those people who will say "Pay to win". It's not pay to win, you don't gain any real advantage, you just get your life back. You don't get a special item etc.
And the jail idea would be good, it would be nice if once you've got them to 0HP you could have the option to: Kill, Leave, or take to jail.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 12:24:51 »

What do you think?

what would happen to those criminals thrown in jail? stay there for a long time? also, how long? and what are the other consequences while in jail?
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 12:35:50 »

What do you think?

I love that idea, I just want to make sure people play the hardcore server!
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 13:41:41 »

What do you think?

what would happen to those criminals thrown in jail? stay there for a long time? also, how long? and what are the other consequences while in jail?
Depends on the crime committed I guess, if they are charged for murder, I would probably guess a life-time sentence. We could also allow villages to execute certain people for very extreme crimes without a way to buy their life back.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Belligerence

• Ramen Sennin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Belligerence has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 23:43:07 »
Well if they are in "jail" for some time there should be a way to break out.
  • Character Name: Belligerence

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent