Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75649
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1332
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1110
Total: 1128

Author Topic: Damage/Fatigue Reactions/Animations  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Damage/Fatigue Reactions/Animations
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:52:05 »
In the show, as in real life, characters are shown to get pretty tired during prolonged combat. Hell, the human body can stand only about 15 minutes of constant combat before it really starts to get ragged out. Therefore...

...will you be implementing (again, not for the near-future, I know) a system in which both players AND AI slowly start to show fatigue in their movements/actions when they stay in combat for too long or get too heavily damaged? For example:

A good player beats the utter crap out of an AI (we'll just say a boss to answer the question of "overall equality" in one go), and the AI slowly shows signs of this. Signs include change-up in animations (more ragged/tired movements, also happening to be slower and easier to spot), and decreased strength (which, imo, should affect one's overall ability to give or recieve physical damage, fucking light-weight pansies should really FEEL the affects of having little to no strength after they find out their jutsu won't work on someone/thing).

Again, dev/mod response only, I'll post something in general discussion if I want other players to join in.

• Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Re: Damage/Fatigue Reactions/Animations
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 12:31:44 »
I think that boss monsters shouldn't show quick signs of fatigue, and should have resistances to certain effects. I got this idea from a game called Grandchase, where the bosses would be resistant to being knocked over, or poisoned, or frozen etc.  I think that'd make them harder, the worst thing is it being unbelievably easy to kill a boss. A boss should require you to have multiple people to destroy it, or a very skilled shinobi. A game called Trickster online showed me how boring the boss monsters are when you can easily kill them.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 19:40:27 »
Again, dev/mod response only, I'll post something in general discussion if I want other players to join in.

@Kayleb
Sorry, but read the whole post :) if a poster only wants a response from the dev, and doesn't want to open it to discussion, please listen to their wishes :D

Sorry if this is a little rude

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 19:57:10 »

@Kayleb
Sorry, but read the whole post :) if a poster only wants a response from the dev, and doesn't want to open it to discussion, please listen to their wishes :D

Sorry if this is a little rude

Don't worry it's not rude, completely my mistake!
  • Character Name: Dawg