Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64353
Latest: Bruceraw
New This Month: 222
New This Week: 58
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 75628
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1058
Total: 1072

Author Topic: Jutsu Scrolls: A New Problem  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Jutsu Scrolls: A New Problem
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:39 »
:[26|May 05:34 PM]Kakashi Natsu   "...since there will be scrolls in the game, is there one for everyone where if you find it, you can read it and its saved or its a first come first served because that would suck for people just coming in the game?..."

I thought about that statement, and it occurred to me that this is actually a pretty important question for jutsu gaining/learning. As Kakashi stated, will scrolls constantly respawn, or will there be more of a "finder's keepers" system where there are a limited amount of each of the scrolls throughout the world. Personally, a limited amount seems like a poor idea to me, so I'll add on this:

Will there be a randomization system for where certain scrolls are picked up from? I understand that a good portion of jutsu will be kept restricted inside libraries within villages, but what about the rest of the jutsus? Will you be able to gain random, varying jutsus from certain defeated opponents? Better yet, will there be a certain skill that ALLOWS you to copy down the jutsu of defeated and deceased opponents (a medical/hunter nin jutsu of course) into scrolls, which can then be distributed or learned from based upon your own jutsu and chakra (or studied from for weaknesses, such as reading the effects of a certain jutsu and then formulating strategies to counter that jutsu)?

Personally, I think that the majority of jutsu should be accessed only from the libraries (with tier restrictions based on skill of course), and that the remaining jutsu not known to your respective village must be acquired from detailed analysis of enemy shinobi's corpses. This will not only force a player focus for learning and/or understanding unknown jutsu (outside of the jutsu taught in your village), but it will also help advance an oh so vital breed of hunter nin/medical nin that fully/partly specialize in copying down said jutsu into scrolls (different levels of jutsu would require different levels of the skill/skills needed to copy the jutsu). Protecting or hunting down said nin could also be the difference between a village's victory or defeat at the hands of a rival village, and would make it more challenging to go about "acquiring" new jutsu, as you would essentially have to steal the techniques of other villages. Hell, you could even make a late-game mini-game where you trace what appear to be the most used chakra points together into the right trial and error combinations to figure out previously unknown jutsu, which are then copied down into scrolls when you successfully gain understanding of the "flow" of another jutsu.

Then again, sadly, said system would become obsolete as soon as fans (or devs) just popped up a wiki for the game, where everyone has access to knowledge for all the jutsu they please, rendering hunter nin borderline useless (except for simply aquiring the jutsu, but without the extra challenge from before of figuring out the "unknown" jutsus) and creating the oh-so-popular "character builds" for idiots without imagination (which also kind of defeats the purpose of finding out who is the most skilled, as some average idiot could just grind up a powerful character build, provided they survived long enough, and could then out-do most of the more imaginative normal players).

But I digress, what I started this topic for (mostly) was to find out what the devs/mods thought on unlimited vs randomized vs limited jutsu scrolls...hard a question as that may be to answer (considering how much extra I tacked on there...sorry).

(WARNING: Dev/Mod responses ONLY, player feedback on such a complicated question would only transform this topic into a bloated, beached whale's worth of opinions. Preferably though, I'd like to see more than just one Dev/Mod answer this for the most clarity possible on such a complex issue)

• Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Re: Jutsu Scrolls: A New Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:08:33 »
I know you said mods and devs only. But, I think, for village ninja, there should defiantly be a library for jutsu, and some AI ninja that give out jutsu. As for rogues, I think scrolls are a good idea for them. They hav decided to leave the safety of the village, therefore, they should have a hard time obtaining jutsu. So a first come first serve of the scrolls for rogues should be good.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Jutsu Scrolls: A New Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 14:54:36 »
I'll let you pass on that one Straw, as that was kind of helpful. It's already been confirmed that all jutsu will be learned from scrolls, it just depends on which library holds what in your selected village. As for rogues, I agree that it would be better for them to learn new jutsu mostly by stealing them from either villages or corpses.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .