Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64070
Latest: Mike MacAlister
New This Month: 4163
New This Week: 129
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 73937
Total Topics: 20785
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 755
Total: 767

Author Topic: Weapon and items durability!!  (Read 5874 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Weapon and items durability!!
« on: June 19, 2017, 14:27:32 »
Should weapons and items have rated durability?

Personally I think this is a good way to stimulate economic stability. It forces people to repair or replace used equipment on a regular bassis. It also gives us the opportunity to have jutsu design to spacificly do more damage to items of a certain type.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Weapon and items durability!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 16:23:40 »
I like this idea, I've seen this on other games and think it could work fine here.
My only suggestion would be for the devs (if they implement this system) to give each item a reasonable durability - I wouldn't want to keep repairing a weapon after a few battles.

Durability could vary depending on the grade of the weapon.
Grades could be as follows:

1 star - Common
2 star - Uncommon
3 star - Epic
4 star - Legendary
5 star - Godlike
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 16:56:22 »
I like this idea, I've seen this on other games and think it could work fine here.
My only suggestion would be for the devs (if they implement this system) to give each item a reasonable durability - I wouldn't want to keep repairing a weapon after a few battles.

Durability could vary depending on the grade of the weapon.
Grades could be as follows:

1 star - Common
2 star - Uncommon
3 star - Epic
4 star - Legendary
5 star - Godlike

I agree but I would like to see some kind of balance. Godlike weapons in durability should not be Godlike in damage!!

There should be a tipping point for weapons stats. Things that do massive damage ( paprebombs) should be easier to destroy  then somthing like a katana that dose less damage but can be used more then ones for damage.

Offline HiChikara

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • HiChikara has no influence.
  • I'm going to be one of the top!! Believe it! :3
    • View Profile
  • Organization: HEIZUGAKURE
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 17:19:39 »
This is a good idea. I was thinking about something similar but didn't wanna post as I thought someone would have already done so. Also, I think that the damage which would be taken by any item be it armor or weapons etc should be relative to the battle. For instance, our character loses a fight by dying or nearly dying (taking damage to a greater extent) then the damage dealt to the equipment should be more than when the character loses the fight without being damaged to such a great extent. And consecutively the damage counter on the equipment should increase to a certain degree until it is no longer usable and that particular item has to be replaced (repaired if possible). I feel this is more realistic and maybe would prevent useless fights as people would think twice before jumping into a fight just for the sake of fighting as in the end they may end up losing more credits (repairing the damage to the equipment) then gaining.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 17:50:39 »
I'm not sure I like the idea of the looser taking more damage to there equipment. If you never draw your sword for the fight and loose you should not take damage to your sword. I think a better way to go is a count or tally of the contact of said items with game objects. Wether it be trees armer jutsu or what ever. If it is hit or hits an object then a set amount of durability is lost by type.  This way if some one throws a basic kuni in to a fire ball jutsu of high enuph rank, to kuni could actually seece to exist befor it ever reaches the target.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 17:53:01 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 18:37:35 »
Every item should have 100 durability points, and 1,000 DMG dealt to or with the weapon would be equivalent to 10 durability points. Basically it would require 10,000 damage to break X item/weapon/armour.

Each individual piece of equipment will have its own 'softener' depending on quality.
E.G
Common item takes 1,000 damage, and loses 25 durability points. (75/100) and low cost to repair.
Legendary item takes 1,000 damage and loses 5 durability points. (95/100) and has a high cost to repair.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 18:58:16 »
Every item should have 100 durability points, and 1,000 DMG dealt to or with the weapon would be equivalent to 10 durability points. Basically it would require 10,000 damage to break X item/weapon/armour.

Each individual piece of equipment will have its own 'softener' depending on quality.
E.G
Common item takes 1,000 damage, and loses 25 durability points. (75/100) and low cost to repair.
Legendary item takes 1,000 damage and loses 5 durability points. (95/100) and has a high cost to repair.

Every item??

You can't be searius!!

What your discribeinh is fine for armer and metal weapons!! But let's say I have 4 barriers tags set up for my squads defense. To brake threw you have to deal 10,000 damage to 1 paper tag??

It doesn't seem Fesable to make every item take different kinds of damage based on the type of damage, so items can't have the same number of hit points.

Your system for durability is fine but for:
paper items - 2/1 scale damage to points 200 damage will brake it
Wood items- 10/1 scale- 1000 will brake it
Chakra wood- 8/1 800 will brake it but damage is decreased when imbued with chakra -100 damage each hit.
Metal items - you covered
Chakra metal same effect as chakra wood less hitpoints but less damage on impact.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 19:09:21 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 20:06:41 »

E.G

Every item??

You can't be searius!!

What your discribeinh is fine for armer and metal weapons!! But let's say I have 4 barriers tags set up for my squads defense. To brake threw you have to deal 10,000 damage to 1 paper tag??

It doesn't seem Fesable to make every item take different kinds of damage based on the type of damage, so items can't have the same number of hit points.

Your system for durability is fine but for:
paper items - 2/1 scale damage to points 200 damage will brake it
Wood items- 10/1 scale- 1000 will brake it
Chakra wood- 8/1 800 will brake it but damage is decreased when imbued with chakra -100 damage each hit.
Metal items - you covered
Chakra metal same effect as chakra wood less hitpoints but less damage on impact.
Haha, my bad. My suggestion was strictly towards weapons and armor.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 15:50:25 »
But going off of your idea 100 durability!!
If each item is given a set number of hit points say a sword has 10000 like you suggested.

In training when your using it on training dummies and targets, should this do the same damage to the durability as say if you hit it with another sword or someone's armer? Sence like I said it's not phesable to give each item a different durability rating for each attack type, what if we just make training grounds debuf damage to durability?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 15:52:27 by NinjaMirage »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 23:24:53 »

E.G

I love the idea, but instead of affecting the damage/durability points ratio. Why not keep it at a 1:1 ratio and just change the amount of durability points each item has?

NinjaMirage and his beloved paper bombs can have a durability of 1 and it allows easier recognition of an items strength.

You know that 1million durability = 1 million damage before breaking.

Now, an item that is at 67/10,000 durability shuldnt perform at the rate that an item at 9908/10.000 durability should.

I think (I'm not suggesting HOW, I'll leave that to Ninja), but I think that the amount of durability left should affect the items damage.

But going off of your idea 100 durability!!
If each item is given a set number of hit points say a sword has 10000 like you suggested.

In training when your using it on training dummies and targets, should this do the same damage to the durability as say if you hit it with another sword or someone's armer? Sence like I said it's not phesable to give each item a different durability rating for each attack type, what if we just make training grounds debuf damage to durability?

Damage given = Damage taken??? So if u attack the sword with 6k damage, your weapon loses 6k durabilty?

Items can have really high durability too...hundreds of thousands and maybe millions.

It makes sense for a kunai to be thrown 100 times before breaking....
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 23:41:00 »

E.G
Common item takes 1,000 damage, and loses 25 durability points. (75/100) and low cost to

Damage given = Damage taken??? So if u attack the sword with 6k damage, your weapon loses 6k durabilty?

Ok so it's not battle damage but durability damage!!

So the sword could do say 150 damage on hit, but only take 1 points of damage to it's durability. But if it hits armer it would take 2-5 points of durability damage. If it hits a jutsu with a effect of damaging durability- it could take up to 10-20 points of damage a second.
But if your in a training ground this durability damage should go way down like more then 50% because your using training equipment that protects your items.

As for the durability effecting damage, It would not be hard to do if there is 100 durability points the durability is simply a %of total posable damage. If the sword has 90 durability left it can do 90% of 150 total damage= 135 damage
At 50 durability it dose 75 damage- and so on.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 23:45:17 by NinjaMirage »

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent