Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64472
Latest: best tadalafil prices
New This Month: 341
New This Week: 17
New Today: 3
Stats
Total Posts: 77035
Total Topics: 22550
Most Online Today: 1182
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1133
Total: 1149
Julissm
Bogdannbw
Vikitpy
Google (AdSense) (2)
Google (11)

Author Topic: 1 vs 1  (Read 3746 times)

Offline bloberfish

• Water Release Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • bloberfish has no influence.
  • Family is sacred, never give them up!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
1 vs 1
« on: August 01, 2015, 22:00:32 »
Ok, I was playing GraalOnline earlier on today and one part of the game was something called sparring. It was basically a big room with an arena in the middle and seats around it so people could watch. If you wanted to compete, you would have had to register and wait in a que until it was your turn. So I was thinking, why not do that for SLO now, maybe in the upcoming updates so it can keep people motivated for the release of the game. What do you think???

@Vreg also, if this is going to happen soon, around when would it happen?

• Character Name: Arashi

Offline Sage32801

Re: 1 vs 1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 22:39:04 »
Ok, I was playing GraalOnline earlier on today and one part of the game was something called sparring. It was basically a big room with an arena in the middle and seats around it so people could watch. If you wanted to compete, you would have had to register and wait in a que until it was your turn. So I was thinking, why not do that for SLO now, maybe in the upcoming updates so it can keep people motivated for the release of the game. What do you think???

@Vreg also, if this is going to happen soon, around when would it happen?
This is a good idea
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 00:19:47 »
Doesn't sound like it's going to happen very soon, but I agree...it is a good idea to implement later on in the game. Something like this was asked for before, though it was a bit more complex, and then there was this argument that you should/shouldn't have it contribute to training for experience points. However, the key elements are relatively the same:

1. Have a room/arena where two+ players can enter and compete in a friendly fashion.

2. Have it be private/queued room into which invited/befriended players can enter.

The largest addition I can see here is that there would be the option for players to "spectate" said duels, which I guess is kind of cool, but ultimately pointless in terms of a private room. If you guys REALLY want something like that so badly, you should try asking for a Sparring Arena building--to be added in later in the game, into villages or settlements--in which players can freely come to spectate or spar. Later on--we're talking much later of course--you could use these areas for minor, non-chunin exam contests of combat skill.

Again though, this is definitely something that should/will be dealt with later on...you'd be lucky to get it in Beta. And also, if you'd have preferred to have had this answered solely by the devs/mods, let people know by saying so at the end of your post (only if you'd have preferred a single dev/mod response of course). 
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 00:24:56 »
I suggested something similar to this a while ago, funnily enough Graal was the thing that made me want to suggest it. Complete support for this idea.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 01:37:58 »
I have seen something like this for world of Warcraft, you go to the main village and anyone can watch and you get ported to the ring and you can cheer them on and say whatever you wanted, but they would not fight against people, they would fight against monsters. They would get a title and certain items you could buy from a vendor.

I like this idea because then you could test your skills on people without getting killed and its pretty fun. If you are able to implement it into the game, I am sure plenty of people would like to do this, just to have bragging rights.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 10:03:10 »
I have seen something like this for world of Warcraft, you go to the main village and anyone can watch and you get ported to the ring and you can cheer them on and say whatever you wanted, but they would not fight against people, they would fight against monsters. They would get a title and certain items you could buy from a vendor.

I like this idea because then you could test your skills on people without getting killed and its pretty fun. If you are able to implement it into the game, I am sure plenty of people would like to do this, just to have bragging rights.
Isnt this the brawlersguild ?
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 16:21:05 »
I love the idea, but I'd prefer it for the full-release of the game, rather than deathmatch
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:21 »
Love the idea, I remember Mars posting about it, like he said, but I agree that it isn't necessary in the near future.

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 00:29:26 »

Isnt this the brawlersguild ?
Yeah it is.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage