Forum > General Discussion

The Lie That Never Lived: Shionbi Life Online

<< < (5/7) > >>

Whatasnipe:
EternalEyes is absolutely right, Matt A. was doing a shit load of work on a regular basis while Vuregu crawled his way to completing that 10th grade computer science project called the kenjutsu update after months of hyping it. EternalEyes concept art speaks for itself, this man was cooking up dope concept art for free. All of their work was used as visual hype generators for the big nothing coming down the pipe. It was sad to see the state of development from inside the dev chat, then casually have to not mention to the community that nothing is going to be developed for the foreseeable future.

SLO is a giant piss take, if you have hope left let go of it. It's a naruto game, Vreg doesnt own the IP and it isn't as easy to get around as not referencing any naruto characters. Plus Ninja Tensei was 15x a better game and that failed too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Love my old boys from here, but vreg is a stunned cunt

R.I.P NaruSimu

NinjaMirage:
here is the thing about the IP.
Chakra is not something that can be owned by any IP. And its such a soft magic system in naruto, that you can build a hard magic system based on it for the game that they can’t touch you.

So as long as you don’t reference any world spacific content, such as jutsu, character, nations, economy, or the like... Naruto can’t touch you.

Also Naruto stole heavily from the journey to the west so any of those characters and ability’s such as transformation, monkey king, or elemental powers are all fair use.

A game like this could still work.

The other thing is the art style is covered by the IP so you have to develop your assets so they are at least 20% different from the original.

A good example of this is C3PO’s red arm. Disney did this to avoid paying royalties to Goarge on the toy sales.

Lumen:
Logs out

4 YEARS LATER...

Logs in

Yikes...

Mukade:
Logs out

6 YEARS LATER...

Logs in

Small lake update...
I feel sorry for all the devs and donators.

Manuster:
Logs out

6 MONTHS LATER..

Logs in

shitposts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version