Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64479
Latest: agrohimifp
New This Month: 7
New This Week: 24
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 77212
Total Topics: 22725
Most Online Today: 1663
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1058
Total: 1069
Veronarwx
Bogdanrqx
Google (9)

Author Topic: Botting to become a kage  (Read 17545 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Botting to become a kage
« on: September 27, 2014, 16:39:51 »
I was reading a post earlier today, and I posted something along the lines of what i'll post here.

I think if the kage's are to gain the rank by being voted for, there will be some arrogant individuals who create hundreds of accounts or use a macro script to create them and vote for themselves. I think the only way to stop that would be to create a minimum level needed to vote, so accounts that have just started cant vote.

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Botting to become a kage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 16:42:50 »
One will have to pay once for each account he/she creates, so idk how viable multi-acc is considering the fact that it'd cost quite a lot to create hundreds of accounts, out of which you only play on one of them.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 16:50:06 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 17:24:47 »
One will have to pay once for each account he/she creates, so idk how viable multi-acc is considering the fact that it'd cost quite a lot to create hundreds of accounts, out of which you only play on one of them.
Taking that in mind, obviously there will be real world trading websites, I guess lots of people could buy votes, where the players would be paid 25p for instance for voting for a certain person. I'm sure this would be cheaper than creating accounts. But if this was to happen then there would be no need for the low level voting system, as higher level players would do this. Do you have any ideas on how you would stop this?

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 17:35:14 »
Taking that in mind, obviously there will be real world trading websites, I guess lots of people could buy votes, where the players would be paid 25p for instance for voting for a certain person. I'm sure this would be cheaper than creating accounts. But if this was to happen then there would be no need for the low level voting system, as higher level players would do this. Do you have any ideas on how you would stop this?
This is a simulation, so there won't be any need to stop this at all imo. Voting for someone with the promise of receiving in-game currency will lead to the choice of a leader who won't be fit, therefore making the village suffer. After a few times people will realize that by doing this they'll harm their own village. So let them hurt themselves until they learn.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 18:03:39 »
This is a simulation, so there won't be any need to stop this at all imo. Voting for someone with the promise of receiving in-game currency will lead to the choice of a leader who won't be fit, therefore making the village suffer. After a few times people will realize that by doing this they'll harm their own village. So let them hurt themselves until they learn.
Sorry, I don't think I explained properly, I meant if someone was paid in real life currency. Somebody could pay everyone who voted for him/her $1 in real life.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 16:52:02 »
Bribing has always been part of political systems and will most likely also exist in our universe if people take it serious enough. We can't prevent people from voting if they make a deal off the record.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 16:57:32 »
Bribing has always been part of political systems and will most likely also exist in our universe if people take it serious enough. We can't prevent people from voting if they make a deal off the record.
Surely that is kind of pay to win, because if you have loads of real life money you can become the kage. I know it wont give you special powers, but still. Those people with millions real life will all be kages

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 17:00:11 »
Surely that is kind of pay to win, because if you have loads of real life money you can become the kage. I know it wont give you special powers, but still. Those people with millions real life will all be kages
It isn't pay to win, as it isn't part of the system. If one is so desperate to become a Kage that he's willing to pay loads of money to accomplish this then so be it. Chances are that he won't even be a good leader so I don't see where the biggie is.

Offline Reloo

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reloo has no influence.
  • Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 17:02:36 »
Bit of an exaggeration don't you think? Besides, if money is the only redeeming quality you have I doubt that they would be able to survive long or have much support afterwards.
  • Character Name: Acacia BurÅ«mu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 17:03:21 »
Yeah I guess

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 20:20:42 »
After giving this a second thought, I can see how this won't be a problem.

As I said, bribing should be allowed because it's been part of humanity, but only if it's done within Shinobi Life Online's world. In other words, it will be forbidden to be done in the context of meta-gaming and real life money.

The thing that matters here is that someone won't be able to pull off a large scale bribe using real life money, large enough to have an impact on other competitors, without us noticing it.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 20:29:48 »
The thing that matters here is that someone won't be able to pull off a large scale bribe using real life money, large enough to have an impact on other competitors, without us noticing it.
Besides, if there is something sketchy about it, just pull a Bush v. Gore. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2000)
Force a re-election between the competitors. This will most likely solve the problem, as well as waste the money of the cheater because those who voted for him due to money will already have the money, thus in the re-election, they will vote for whoever they truly want to be Kage. YeYe.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 11:20:49 »
who knows? the ones that dont want to vote for the briber again might disappear...
but srsly, why wouldnt he do that.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline spectrum2040

• Academy Student Poster
  • spectrum2040 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 23:59:57 »
i think the best way it's to do a tournament to choose the kage for an amount of time

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 00:20:55 »
The problem with that is that it isn't a players decision. Besides, just because they are the most powerful doesn't mean they are suitable for Kage, there are other key factors that go into play. That's why an election is the best path to go, because players choose what type of leader they want.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...