Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64066
Latest: travemunc
New This Month: 4159
New This Week: 125
New Today: 25
Stats
Total Posts: 73914
Total Topics: 20765
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 709
Total: 717
Google (8)

Author Topic: The Agni saga- Part I Drifting memories (Chapter Four - A breath of fresh air)  (Read 3689 times)

Offline adithya

Hey guys. Finally got around to writing again, and I found what I was looking for these past few days. I don't know how you're going to react, but I'm in love with some of the characters xD Anyway, enough of me rambling on.

Read the previous chapters before getting into this one!:

Chapter 1: https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2913.0

Chapter 2: https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2917.0

Chapter 3: https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2918.0

Here goes:

PART I- DRIFTING MEMORIES

Chapter IV A breath of fresh air

Akaihono woke up to a sunny sky, seeming to be engulfed soon, by the rocky edges of the now inactive volcano. Seemingly satisfied by the rest, he rose to his feet. An orphan, of age 10 getting to laze around midday was very uncommon. But Akaihono was different. He was smart. He could talk his way out of almost anything, he found early on in his life.

Slowly slithering to the orphanage, he caught a glimpse of Hikari, the golden haired girl who seemed to be his only match. She was not smart like Akaihono, but still.. She always managed to pique his interest.

They had tried to outdo each other for as long as he could remember.

She giggled. He was heading right for it. Pushing her golden hair out of the way, Hikari ran inside the orphanage. ‘He’s coming!’ She announced. Like clockwork, the other children hurried along the stairs, ready to pour down the water they’d worked so hard on getting.

Taking cover behind the columns, Hikari spied on the figure coming through the back entrance.

‘NOW!’ she shouted. ‘HEAVE HO!’ the children poured the water down. A shriek silenced the entire building.

The army of children ran toward the entrance.

‘WE FINALLY GOT YOU!’ The excitement in their voices filled the entire building with laughter.

‘Oh my, that was really well thought out’ said a mocking voice behind Hikari who was at the back of the crowd.

She turned around with dread, to the auburn hair of frustration.

‘HOW DARE YOU?’ The words filled the silence that had fallen.

Hikari’s face now as red as the hair of the boy in front of her, turned around to face her caretaker Kino-san. A second of silence filled the area. ‘RUN!’ shouted Hikari, and the gathering dispersed almost as fast as it had gathered.

It was now Akaihono’s time to giggle. ‘Still got one over you, Hikari’, he thought. ‘HONO’ said a stern voice. Realizing that he was the only one in front of her now,  Akaihono turned around, in hopes of running away. ‘NOT THIS TIME, BOY.’ She lifted the boy by his favorite black shirt. ‘Not this shirt. Please. It’s my favourite, Kino-san. Yuu-San bought this for me, remember? We went together!’ suddenly with her face turning soft, the dripping caretaker Kino- san let go of Akaihono

‘I don’t know how you manage it boy… Everytime… You know just what to say. But I guess that’s what makes you you. Run along, now’ she said with her face overflowing with reminisce.

Climbing the stairs, Akihono entered the boys' quarters which was empty. He spotted gold under his bed. With a grin, he walked inside.

With a sigh, Akaihono was in his bed. ‘That was too close. Almost got one on me Hikari’

‘How did you know?!’ she said, climbing out from the bottom of his bed.

‘Know that you were here, or that you were planning on pranking me? Either way, the answer is the same: Figure it out’ he finished with a wink.

Pouting, Hikari climbed on to the bed next to Akaihono’s. ‘Just you wait, ginger. I’ll get you one day’ with a chuckle, he replied sarcastically ‘oh, I’m sure’

Sareko had escaped from the villagers who were chasing him. After all, he had just assaulted the manager publicly.

He still had a kunai in his hand. Eyeing it, he continued walking. When he reached the tree of despair, as he had named it in his mind, he was too tired to stay awake, and climbed the tree and laid on its branches.

‘this is quite comfortable’ he thought. Little did he know, that the only place he would come for comfort, was “the tree of despair”.

He pulled out a scroll that he had swiped while escaping the mob, and read aloud

‘Are you brave enough?! Get rewards for obtaining valuable treasures from the hills between the border of the land of Ashes, Hills and Thunder!’

‘what a bunch of rubbish’ he thought, as he  burned the scroll with his katon.

------ THAT'S ALL FOLKS------

Props to people who find a nice easter egg hidden in there. Anyway, the next chapter might not come out for a while. On that note, Critique away!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 18:06:07 by adithya »

Offline Diamond Lee

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Diamond Lee has no influence.
  • Taijutsu User- Combat Team member of Heathen
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Heathen

Let the power of youth wash over you and fill you with strength!

-lethal dankness

Offline adithya

Offline StriderOtaku

Lmao..well done
  • Character Name: Ikiryo

Offline adithya