Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64346
Latest: Zonai_Cat
New This Month: 215
New This Week: 51
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 75604
Total Topics: 21529
Most Online Today: 1187
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1079
Total: 1090
Ivanyvg
Irinttl
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Team Decisions  (Read 8581 times)

Offline Batt

• Social Media Manager
  • Jiraiya Kage Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Batt has no influence.
  • O.O
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Inu
Team Decisions
« on: March 15, 2014, 00:11:11 »
So I've been re-watching old naruto episodes to acquire good qualitative information for Shinobi Life Online and one thing that stood out to me is, in Naruto, there are a lot of situations when you're running away from strong ninja in a squad vs squad situation, the squadron fleeing may have to decide that one ninja from your group must stop and try to hold off the pursuing squadron for the rest of your team to survive.

So my question is, Are any of you willing to sacrifice your life for your team's survival?

Since perma-death is real in this game, just like it would be in a Naruto universe.

I find this idea very interesting because there will have to be situations like this in Shinobi Life Online :D

p.s. this question is for everyone

• Character Name: Nao Tsukegami

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Team Decisions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 10:38:04 »
I myself don't think that people'd be willing to sacrifice the character they worked to make powerful and all. Since Vreg said that this might become a more realistic version of Naruto think of it like this: how many people'd do that in the real life (very very........... very few). This might be a RPG but perma death will make it extremely realistic.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 14:32:00 »
Depends, for me, lol.
I've got some really good friends I'll be bringing to the game. If we ended up in a situation where all of us could potentially lose our characters and after careful consideration I realized Im not really losing as much compared to the others in the group, I think I'd do it.

I've played MMOs with my friends for years. Its never been a problem for us to help each other level up. And if the game is going to be like I think it is, all of your gear would be left behind on your corpse. If you have good friends they'll pick it up and give it back to your new character.

I'm just saying, I'd rather start over with 2 strong, bodyguard-friends and all my items than for all 3 of us to be weak and have lost everything.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 14:34:01 »
Depends, for me, lol.
I've got some really good friends I'll be bringing to the game. If we ended up in a situation where all of us could potentially lose our characters and after careful consideration I realized Im not really losing as much compared to the others in the group, I think I'd do it.

I've played MMOs with my friends for years. Its never been a problem for us to help each other level up. And if the game is going to be like I think it is, all of your gear would be left behind on your corpse. If you have good friends they'll pick it up and give it back to your new character.

I'm just saying, I'd rather start over with 2 strong, bodyguard-friends and all my items than for all 3 of us to be weak and have lost everything.
Well I never thought about it like that, makes some sense now
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline RennieRLR

• Pink Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • RennieRLR has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization:
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:12:23 »
If it was friends that deserved to live and where good friends o probably would. (Read my character creation before u understand what i mean)
  • Character Name: Yosano
The world will once find peace.

Offline yashin

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • yashin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:01:16 »
i would if i have a lot less to lose,but even if i don't if im with some good friends that i know would do the same for me i would without a doubt
  • Character Name: Yashin

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Indigo has no influence.
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 12:35:50 »
I doubt anyone would unless they had a guaranteed way of getting their stuff back

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 21:23:29 »
id use a strategic way, let someone make shadow clones and let their shadow clones hold them off with long range or earth jutsu. that way u get enough time to flee and/or replenish health/chakra by using consumables. really all u need is someone who has learned shadow clone jutsu and knows a basic earth style defensive jutsu.
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 21:29:14 »
wouldn't a powerful ninja just break through in 1 shot,
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Barleb

• Academy Student Poster
  • Barleb has no influence.
  • I have been around for a while just not posted alo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 18:07:21 »
id use a strategic way, let someone make shadow clones and let their shadow clones hold them off with long range or earth jutsu. that way u get enough time to flee and/or replenish health/chakra by using consumables. really all u need is someone who has learned shadow clone jutsu and knows a basic earth style defensive jutsu.
I think Vreg said there was not going to be any shadow clones
  • Character Name: Yashiro

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 23:08:33 »
would i would have my people live before any one else dies if i  know im not strong enough ill delay until i know there at safe distance then ill try to do my best to kill them off stand my ground status. 
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline Without Regrets

• Genin Poster
  • Without Regrets has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 00:02:08 »
This is what i like about per-death, brings so much to the table.Not just 12 year old's spamming around the entire map.Also with these type of scenarios you'll have to be careful who you befriend and if they are worth dying for.You'll soon find out who are the patriotic ones that'll die for the sake of their comrades and who''l run away.Expect a lot of drama as friends fall out betrayals take place etc... forcing you to create bonds with players so that they can watch your back ,per-death adds so much depth to the game.

Answering your question i think halika got it spot on.
  • Character Name: Laiken
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt."

Offline ParadoxRonin

• Special Jonin Poster
  • ParadoxRonin has no influence.
  • Guardian Fang of the Hidden Metal Hayate Hazo
    • View Profile
    • a ronin has no purpose and a shinobi has no limits when the two clash time  it self stops.
  • Clan: Hazo Leader
  • Organization: Ronin-Metal
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 00:12:22 »
This is what i like about per-death, brings so much to the table.Not just 12 year old's spamming around the entire map.Also with these type of scenarios you'll have to be careful who you befriend and if they are worth dying for.You'll soon find out who are the patriotic ones that'll die for the sake of their comrades and who''l run away.Expect a lot of drama as friends fall out betrayals take place etc... forcing you to create bonds with players so that they can watch your back ,per-death adds so much depth to the game.

Answering your question i think halika got it spot on.
i do to!
LONG LIVE THE HAZO

Offline YourInnerDemon

• Academy Student Poster
  • YourInnerDemon has no influence.
  • ~I'd rather trust and regret than doubt and regret
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 05:21:28 »
It's pretty sad seeing some people would just abandon their friends just like that :I.
Even if it meant loosing my character, if it was for a really good friend that never left me, I'd do it. Without hesitation.
But of course, if it's possible, i'd try to do something that would result in both of us coming out alive.

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:19 »
It's pretty sad seeing some people would just abandon their friends just like that :I.
Even if it meant loosing my character, if it was for a really good friend that never left me, I'd do it. Without hesitation.
But of course, if it's possible, i'd try to do something that would result in both of us coming out alive.
thats what i meant, i was just giving an example :P
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano