Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64464
Latest: mozgyou
New This Month: 333
New This Week: 13
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 76674
Total Topics: 22218
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 902
Total: 911
Veronamsu
Google (8)

Author Topic: Tsuki Gaiden - 月外伝  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Hatake Raito

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Hatake Raito has no influence.
  • ライトニング
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
Tsuki Gaiden - 月外伝
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:27:37 »
Hey guys! I mentioned on my character bio/profile earlier that I would be writing a story for my character. The story is about my character and a few of his teammates. It takes place in the Hidden Hill, two years after the death of my character's close friend, Jin. The story focuses on my character's development and will include a few other OC's of mine. If you wish for you character to be incorporated, you can message me with a request. Please only send requests if you from the Hidden Hill or have a legitimate reason for being there for now. I hope that the story expands outward some and my OC visits some other places. The focus character will change from time to time. If they have large amounts of text, I will do a character change via a name in () at the beginning of a new paragraph. Please only give constructive criticism. I appreciate all help and tips! I hope you guys enjoy the story.

Tsuki Gaiden - The Formation of a New Team! (Chapter 1)

(Raito - Late Spring)

Two years after the death of Jin, Raito had become a cold and unforgiving shinobi. He distanced himself from everyone in the village, even his family. He no longer sparred with Yūta nor did he read with Yukino and take Akane into the market. Raito's life consisted of missions and only missions. The Kage of his village, having noticed that Raito would often go solo on missions he was sent on, summoned Raito. When Raito entered the Kage's office, he stood in silence. The Kage studied Raito for what seemed like an eternity. Growing somewhat impatient and curious as to why he was summoned, Raito broke the silence and asked why he was summoned. The Kage would observe him for a moment longer before responding.

“I've read the reports of your last nine missions. Seven out of the nine have stated that you went off on your own and completed the mission by yourself. All of the shinobi assigned to your team have requested to transfer to new units stating that you failed to cooperate with them” the Kage said. Raito stood in silence, not moving. “Do you have anything to say in your defense? Or are the reports accurate?” Raito replies with, “They are accurate, sir.”

The Kage shakes his head and sighs. He leans back in his chair and thought for a moment. He could sense the pain emanating from Raito. He knew that the boy was hurting still. “I'm assigning you to a new unit. Your new team members will be Kurosaki Rin, Tsuchiya Rinoa (土屋リノア), and Tsukegami Yūta. You will be leading the team as Squad Captain.”

Raito’s eyes showed reluctance to accept this new team and his new responsibility. The Kage could sense that Raito doubted his ability to lead, especially when it came to the possibility of leading two people he held close to their deaths. Before Raito could say anything the Kage spoke. “I will be giving your new team a week to train together and get used to each others company. I hope you have no objections to this?” Raito replies, “No, sir.” The Kage ends the conversation with, “Good, I will have your squad assemble at the training grounds and meet you there. Dismissed.”

Raito turns and exits the room. He starts to make his way to the training grounds, which were situated near the river that ran close to the village. He thought about what he was supposed to do and his sudden promotion to a squad captain. His own brother and the girl that he….that he what? He had asked himself this many times. What was Rin? A comrade? A fellow ninja? Family? He did not have the answer to this. “I don’t have time to think about that” he said to himself. What was he supposed to do? He couldn’t lead a team. Could he? He who had abandoned comrades for the sake of his mission. He who had let Jin die. His thoughts quickly scattered and he felt slightly sick when he thought of Jin. He forced the memories to the back of his mind.

“Who is Tsuchiya Rinoa” he asked himself. He had never been on any missions with her nor had he been in the academy with her. Was she from the Chūnin Exams? No, he would have remembered facing her at one point or another. She wasn’t a Jōnin either, he knew that much for sure. He would have seen her in meetings. He kept trying to recall who she was when he finally arrived to the Training Grounds. There, he saw all three of his subordinates waiting for him. A metallic taste like blood entered his mouth when he thought of the word “subordinates”.

• Character Name: 付け髪月 - Tsukegami Raito

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
Re: Tsuki Gaiden - 月外伝
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 11:20:13 »
Eeyy this is actually pretty good...waiting for the next bits.
And yay for more stories xD
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Hatake Raito

• Academy Student Poster
  • ライトニング
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 22:01:40 »
Introduction to Team Raito! (Chapter 2)

Raito|Rin - Late Spring|Training Grounds

Upon getting closer, Rin smiled and waved at him, something he did not return. Yūta walked over and said, “Hey little brother! Or should I say, Squad Leader?” He attempted to pat Raito on the head but his hand was quickly swatted away. “So cold to your Oniisan” he said with a grunt. Finally, Raito’s attention was drawn towards Rinoa. Beautiful was the first word that came to mind when describing this girl. She was tall, nearly his height. Her hair was long and a blackish-blue color. Her eyes were an icey blue. She had a sense of mystery surrounding her. Her ears were pierced and she carried a scar on the right side of her lips. Raito felt somewhat flustered being in her presence.

Rin began to noticed Raito observing the other girl, Rinoa. She quickly became somewhat disappointed and jealous. Raito had not returned her smile and wave and had brushed her off. It was almost like he wanted to forget she was there. “After all we have been through, with Jin and….” She quickly dismissed the thoughts from her head. She had to stay focused. This was her chance to try and help Raito deal with his pain. She was the only one that could help him. The only one who shared his pain and the only one that understood him. After all they had been through, after she had seen him change so drastically, she still loved him. He was still the same boy from two years ago. "I have to bring him back no matter what" she thought. She was willing to give up everything to see him smile again.

Raito

Raito observed the three for a few moments, analyzing what he knew of their strengths and weaknesses. He had been given dossiers on each of them.

Rin was a medical-nin and her chakra natures were that of Earth and Water. She was a key defensive player when Team Hakumo was still in action. Her Earth and Water techniques had saved them various times. But her healing was her most valuable asset. “She will be important to the team as always” Raito thought. Her weaknesses were a lack of offensive capabilities. She was mediocre at best.

Yūta was exceptional at taijutsu and was thus considered their vanguard. His taijutsu surpassed Raito’s and he was renowned in the village for his prowess in battle. While not as talented in ninjutsu as Raito, he was able to use some rather impressive jutsu. His chakra natures were Fire and Wind. He often combines both of his natures with his taijutsu to vamp up their power and his speed. He used his Wind jutsu to strengthen his Fire Style jutsu, thus making him a formidable opponent. He did have weaknesses, however. Arrogant and loud, he was not suited for most stealth missions. He was meant for open combat.

Rinoa’s dossier stated that she was talented in genjutsu, ninjutsu, and kenjutsu. Most of dossier was inked out and showed little information, adding to the mystery. What little wasn’t blacked out showed that she had remarkable prowess in ninjutsu and genjutsu. Her natures were lightning and earth. She could play offense or defense and her strong suite were stealth missions. Her dossier hinted at her having conducted multiple assassinations and other dangerous missions. Her largest weakness was her mediocre reserve of chakra and her stamina. She was not meant for prolonged battles.

The blacked out portions of Rinoa’s files bothered him. Why were the blacked out? He could think of only a few reasons. It’s possible she was ANBU or she had been in ANBU previous to her assignment to this team. ANBU were intelligent and obedient. They worked well with others in their organization or by themselves. But how would she fare with this team?

Rin

She stared at Raito as he looked over their files. "I wonder what's all on them" she thought. She was interested in knowing what Rinoa's said. Mostly because she had caught Raito's interest and very few people caught his interest these days. It made her burn on the inside. She had never felt jealousy before. Rin had been the only family, outside of his family, that had ever been important to him. Did he know Rinoa? "No, he couldn't know her. He would have mentioned her before." She was convinced that those two had never met. Still, why had he shown such keen interest in her? Something felt off, but she dismissed it.

As Raito kept reading over their files, she looked over at Yūta, who she caught staring back at her. He quickly averted his gaze and began to whistle a nervous tune whilst twiddling his thumbs. Was she imagining things or was he blushing? "It's definitely my imagination. I've always thought he was...well, gay" she thought to herself. She always saw Yūta fixing his hair around her and making sure his clothes were fine. Normally that wouldn't be enough to convince her but after hearing a rumor that he was seen buying flowers and a bunch of girly items in the market. This rumor had surfaced not too long ago, maybe a month or two? She tried to think of why he would do that. Rin didn't normally like to jump to conclusions but she found it hard to argue against her earlier thoughts. She definitely imagined him blushing.

Author Comments and Extra Info

@Nas Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying this so far! I hope I continue to impress :)

I will be releasing most of the chapters upon completion. I won't have a set date/day for chapter release (for now). So expect more content sometime soon!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 22:04:39 by Hatake Raito »

Offline Hatake Raito

• Academy Student Poster
  • ライトニング
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 00:01:47 »
Introductions to Team Raito! Pt.2 (Chapter 3)

Raito|Rin|Yūta|Rinoa

“For now, let’s start off with introductions. I’ll go first. My name is Tsukegami Raito. I’m fifteen. My chakra natures are lightning, fire, and earth” Raito said. “I’m Kurosaki Rin. I’m fifteen as well. My chakra natures are Earth and Water. I specialize in defense and healing. I like flower arranging and spending my free time in the hospital. My goal is to become strong enough to defend the...person I care the most for.” Rin looks at Raito while saying this and blushes slightly. All the while, Yūta was staring at her, practically drooling. Yūta went next. “I’m Tsukegami Yūta. I’m sixteen, almost seventeen. I’m Raito’s older brother and I specialize in taijutsu. It’s the only thing I can beat him in for now. My chakra natures are Fire and Wind. My goal is to become the Kage and show my little brother that talent doesn’t beat hard work. I also want to work up the courage to confess to the gi-”

Raito immediately cuts him off. ”Alright, next” he says as he yawns, showing his boredom. “You bastard! I’m not done!” Yūta yelled. Rinoa, ignoring Yūta, began her introduction. This was met with Yūta’s pouting face and him crossing his arms. “My name is Tsuchiya Rinoa. I’m fifteen. There are few things I like. I enjoy drinking tea and reading. My chakra natures are lightning and earth. I have no goals and I wish to only serve the village.”

“Spoken like a true ANBU” Raito thought to himself. Raito looked over his team once more, noticing that Rin was looking at him and that Yūta was drooling over her. It made him somewhat angry. “Now that we’ve gotten introductions out of the way, I think we should practice some team formations and jutsu. We have a week to practice our formations before we are sent on our first mission. Any objections?” He waited for someone to say something. The group shook their heads. With that, they began to practice. After hours of training, Rin and Rinoa were tired. Yūta and Raito being of the Tsukegami, were feeling fine because of their large reserves of chakra and stamina. With this, Raito allowed the girls to rest. As they were going to sit down, Yūta got the bright idea of sparring his little brother, something he would later come to regret.

Offline Hatake Raito

• Academy Student Poster
  • ライトニング
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:24:29 »
Calamity (Chapter 4)

Raito|Yūta

“Hey little brother! Let’s spar since we still have some juice! I bet you that I’m good enough to beat you now!” Yūta exclaimed. Raito looked at his grinning brother. He decided that there was no harm in it and that it would make great use of their time. The girls overheard this and casually watched from the benches not too far away. “Alright then. I suppose it won’t do any harm” Raito replied after a few moments of thought. Yūta jumped with joy and yelled in excitement. It had been a few years since they had sparred. Ever since Raito lost his teammate, Jin.

The two went to the center of the field and performed the Seal of Confrontation. The girls watched as they did this only to see both of them disappear in a flash. They were shocked at the speed that both of the brothers exhibited. Raito had unsheathed his katana and Yūta pulled out his kunai. The two began fiercely fighting. The girls could see that Raito’s kenjutsu was superior to Yūta’s use of the kunai. Before long, Yūta was disarmed and resorted to taijutsu. He would quickly kick the katana away from Raito, where it landed some ten meters to the left of Raito. The two engaged in taijutsu, proving to be on equal footing at first. But as the fight went on, Yūta began showing an edge over Raito, landing more hits. With Yūta landing so many of his hits, Raito jumped back and weaved hand signs as he vaulted.

Snake -> Ram -> Monkey -> Boar -> Horse -> Tiger -> Horse (Katon: Gōka Mekkyaku)

A massive wall of fire speeds towards Yūta. With only a few seconds to react, Yūta uses hand signs and wraps his legs in wind before leaping high in the air, over the wall of fire. Having foreseen this, Raito had already been weaving another set of seals.

Rat -> Tiger -> Dog -> Ox -> Rabbit -> Tiger (Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu)

The fireballs are aimed at the sky, where Yūta had propelled himself. One lands a direct hit on his left shoulder as he fell threw the barrage of fire. He quickly counters with his own jutsu, having weaved the seals after being hit.

Snake -> Ram -> Monkey -> Boar -> Horse -> Tiger (Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu)

The fireball hits Raito. When Yūta lands, he waits for the dust to settle. When it does, Raito is nowhere to be seen. Suddenly the ground beneath him rumbles and shakes. Raito bursts through the ground and attempts uppercut Yūta but is kicked in the neck, sending him flying. When he lands, he explodes in a flurry of white clouds, proving to be a shadow clone. Yūta has no time to react.

Raito, dug under the earth with an Earth Style technique. He quickly created a shadow clone and sent the clone to just below Yūta. The real Raito went a short distance away and surfaced by the katana as the clone surfaced. Upon surfacing, he immediately weaves seals for a jutsu.

Ox -> Rabbit -> Monkey

Raito’s hand is enveloped in a silver colored chakra that takes on the form of lightning. He grabs the katana, enveloping it in his lightning style chakra, and runs towards Yūta at incredible speed and thrusts his hand towards his brother. His blade stops just shy of Yūta’s heart. When Yūta looks down he sees a menacing look in Raito’s eyes. Fear hits him for the first time. Before it can escalate any farther, Rin ends the spar. “Okay, that’s enough!” she screamed loud enough to be heard by both of them. Raito starts to realize what he almost did and quickly cancels the jutsu and then sheathes his sword. He composes himself and notices he has broken out in a sweat from the use of that jutsu. He quickly walks away from his brother who is still paralyzed by shock and fear. Rin runs over to Yūta to check on him while Rinoa watches Raito as he leaves. Rin quickly asks,  “Are you okay Yūta?” In shock, he hesitates before replying. “I’ve never seen him like that before. He’s never done something like that. I thought…..I thought he was going to kill me.” Rin’s expression saddens as she stares at the shocked, older brother. She makes sure he’s going to be okay and quickly chases after Raito, leaving Yūta alone. Yūta turns to go and sit next to Rinoa but notices she’s no longer there. He sits anyways and wipes the sweat from his brow. “He wouldn’t really kill me….would he?” he says to himself.

Rin|Raito

Rin runs after Raito who already has a head start on her. "He wasn't going to kill Yūta" she keeps repeating to herself. Who was she trying to convince? Herself? "He would never harm Yūta" she says aloud. Sprinting from rooftop to rooftop, she scanned the area for Raito. She felt a tightness in her chest, something she couldn't quite explain. She needed answers. She need to know he was okay. But most of all, she needed to know if there was still a Raito. Did he even exist? She didn't know the answer to this. Perhaps even Raito didn't know the answer. What would she do if Raito no longer existed? So many questions, yet so few answers. It jabbed at her. The feeling was so different from all other doubts and questions. She quickly spots Raito in an alley between two buildings. Rin jumps down to try and speak with him, only to be met with his cold and lifeless eyes.

"Raito, what was that back there? You could have killed him!" He noted that Rin sounded panicked. She should be. So should he. "Nothing, we were sparring." He said this trying to convince not only her, but himself. It was a laughable attempt of reassurance. He was never any good at that anyways. Rin stared into his eyes, he thought that maybe she was searching for the truth or an inkling of it. But they both knew the answer to her question. He had meant to kill Yūta with that jutsu. That jutsu was only made to kill. It served no other purpose. "That wasn't just you sparring" she said after they had stood in silence for an eternity. He did not reply. Not because he did not want to or because he couldn't retort, but because he agreed with her statement. "Raito, what is wrong with you? What made twisted you like this? Yūta loves you. He's your brother, your family!" she yells at him. She begins to speak again, "I..I care about you. But back there...that wasn't you. That was something different. I need you to tell me that you're not turning into that....monster." Her words stung like knives piercing his heart. The weight of her words hung in the air like the stench of death.  He had no answer. He WAS a monster. Maybe that was what he was the best at being. A monster. "I'm going home. I have to prepare for tomorrow" he said, breaking the silence. He openly avoided answering her. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Rin."

She watched as he turned to leave. It was like watching his soul walk into darkness. It was killing her, every bit of this. How? How could she save him? Her mind desperately raced towards finding a solution. She found the answer after he had disappeared from sight. She walked the opposite direction of him, where her home was. Upon arriving, she was met with her mother's warm voice. "Hello dear. You look sweaty and tired." Rin's mother had been tending to their small, but beautiful garden all day. It was her favorite thing to do. She looked at her daughter, studying her until Rin finally spoke up. "Yeah, I was assigned to a new unit. Our captain wanted us work on jutsu and fighting techniques." Her mother smiled and said, "Who was your captain? And your new teammates?" Rin quickly responded. "Raito is the captain. Yūta and a girl named Rinoa are on my team as well." Rin's mother lit up with joy. "I love those brothers, especially Yūta. He always helps me in the garden when he comes by. Sometimes I think the poor boy might get too distracted from his daily objectives. But, it's usually for a good reason." She smiled brightly. "Well mom, I have to go study some of the new maneuvers we learned today." With that she kissed her mother on the forehead and ran into the house, to her room. She quickly removed her sweaty clothes and grabbed a new set. She then made her way to the bath and swiftly washed herself. After putting on the new set of clothes, she looked at herself in the mirror. "Do I look good?" she thought to herself. "Stupid" she thought again. She didn't need to think about this right now. She quietly ran to the nearest window and leaped from it, heading towards Raito's apartment in the middle of the night.

Offline Hatake Raito

• Academy Student Poster
  • ライトニング
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 11:21:28 »
Due to being really busy with work, I will only be writing new chapters when I have free time. This will usually be Saturdays and Sundays. Sorry for the belated update!

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent