Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64064
Latest: Vilianaptp
New This Month: 4157
New This Week: 123
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73884
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 822
Total: 832
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (9)

Poll

do you agree with this kind of system for trainable stats

yes
0 (0%)
needs work
0 (0%)
not sure
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 31, 2016, 05:29:44

Author Topic: chakra control system (STATS)  (Read 91102 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

chakra control system (STATS)
« on: January 10, 2016, 04:42:42 »
Skip to page two for the most updated ideas

i saw this and i wanted to bring this topic up because it is kind key to learning and executing jutsu. and something like this should be added to the current build when
you're ready to address trainable stats

a real simple way to do this is with a physical energy bar(stamina PE)
and a sprite energy bar(SE) experience in stats gets turned in to energy for these bars. see later posets(edited)and
chakra control(CC) levels :(edit- experience in this as well)
cc level mod-
.1           LV1
.2           LV2
.4           LV3
.8           LV4
1.6         LV5

PE 2000 to start
SE 2000 to start
total chakra at chakra control level 1:
 level 1=you learn to mix PE and SE to make chakra here is the equation:
(X pe+(SE x .33))cc level mod=desired chakra in bar- so if
chakra bar cap is 200 then
(1340PE+(660SE)).1=200 max molded chakra - use beginner jutsu
if you only train in chakra control then
(?PE+(SE.33)).2=400 chakra        level 2  level 1+ novice(tree climb)       
(?PE+(SE.33)).4=800 chakra        level 3 level 2 + intermediate(walk on water)
                     .8=1600 chakra       level 4  "      "    expert(your choice form or   
                                                                   nature change)                                               
                      1.6=3200 chakra      level 5 "       "    master(your choice form or
                                                                    nature change)
(these figures are only to illustrate the idea and do not represent actual game play figures, you start with a chakra bar value for the cc level and work back from there
i suggest this because we currently have a chakra bar value.)

remember that PE and SP are also trainable so the amount in the chakra bar should be a percentage of both...i will explain why in a min, but the mix should favor PE at least 2-1
and should cap out at 33% of SE. the same factors determine what jutsu you can successfully execute based on your current level of chakra control... this implies the level of concentration needed to execute that jutsu as well as provides a scaleable value for chakra.with PE and SE trainable the chakra bar will grow exponentially. IF YOU RUN OUT OF EATHER SE OR PE
PE- YOU FAINT
SP- YOU DIE
this is why i added a PS at the end- but briefly it mentions molding chakra- by using 33% you insure you cant kill yourself by recovering chakra

this would also allow for taijutsu to use PE and only slightly affect chakra reserves. regeneration rates for PE should be based on stamina stat below and should continue to regenerate the total amount of the stat per sec but only while standing still. so long as you still have SE. this is to insure fast battle style.... sense the less PE a person can recover because of dodge,block or attack the more damage they will take from a weaker endurance(see hit point debate in suggestions and the equation in character stats below)

SE should only recover after you sleep or by an item. so after a battle chakra could only recover to the amount of SE you have left.. so using 33% you can replenish 3 times, either manually or not, before sleep.

(eventually i would like to see the regen rate for PE drop if you fight with low SE to long but for now we will keep it simple)

although with this set up it may be technically possible to learn all 5 chakra nature with each chakra control level i believe no more than 3 or 4 should ever be able to be mastered simply for game play and teamwork reasons.
The only exception to this i believe would be if you at the beginning of the game you inherit the village legacy then all 5 natures may be possible.
But i  like the current chakra nature plan, this gives you the option to learn more if you want.

also i believe each one of these should be the main focus of a specific type of jutsu

Taijutsu would require a higher PE value to execute combos and can be done at low levels of chakra control- my even only require PE! if they train in high enough levels of chakra control yin release ninjutsu and low level genjutsu may be available.

Ninjutsu would requires both SE and PE to master and require varying levels of chakra control based on the skill needed for the jutsu and chakra consumption. here is where you can add yin and yang release to the mix...literally... a yin release would use more SE than PE and a yang release more PE than SE.

Genjutsu is tricky....it doesn't require much if any PE at all It is solely a Yin release. however unlike ninjutsu the level of genjutsu are based on your chakra control and do not take as much chakra to execute. however since SE does not recover like PE it has its risks. but this is also why i believe genjutsu can be strong. and so they are not at a complete disadvantage maybe there should be a tree skill that converts PE to SP at a rate of say                10  -  1 to start trainable, also this means less pure chakra to us regular ninjutsu to attack with, only yang release attacks should be available to genjutsu users.

for this system of jutsu to work- basic jutsu that wont use much chakra can just function off of the system in place now.but high level or yin yang release jutsu will need to be programed with a PE and SE consumption value! In order to even be available, the caster must have at least the programed PE and SE +1 values in there reserves and the requisite cc level to be able to activate the jutsu .since i only expect there will be a chakra bar in the upper corner, a list of jutsu you know at the bottom of the screen( you can still activate with the reserves of PE and SE you have )should be available so you know if you need to address a stats level in battle. through items like medical herbs-food pills or adrenaline.

this whole system can be worked back from the chakra level you already have in the current build. (cc level mod-.1 LV1,.2 LV2,.4LV3,.8LV4,1.6 LV5)(X pe+(SE x .33))cc level mod=currant chakra in bar- after you get the values round PE up to nerarest whole number and SE you need to multiply by 3 and round up to nearest whole number.
all skills can be worked of a % final values or current values of PE and SE and chakra control levels- each CC level should be assigned a numerical value for each level.

so here is what i think a character stat sheet should look like after creation:
health: set value
endurance=beginner (Total PE available)x.1=damage reduction
Total SE Stat=____- Intelligence, charizma, Imagination
           optional %'s   40/30/20    30/40/20    30/30/60
Total PE Stat=____strength,     Stamina,    dexterity/block.
           optional %'s 60/40/30    20/30/40     20/30/30
CC=level 1
chakra bar total:________
tree=ninjutsu
chakra nature= wind
scenery-none                                                                 
Scrolls
      ninjutsu
      taijutsu
      genjutsu
      Kenjutsu
      medical

Inventory
       tools
       consumables
       mission items
Missions
       village
       clan
       organization

I apologize for the length of this  but i just want my ideas to be as clear as possible.

PS.i know that no one wants to have to mold chakra manually
but with this system it does not need to be that manual. one key could activate a animation of a one hand sign that simply does some math to fill a chakra bar, based on your chakra control level..

if you are not moving to do this PE regeneration can work at the same time. i suggest that this can be done while moving but one must be careful because you could pass out...potentially... if you run out of PE

this would be advantages for 3 reasons.

1. stealth- most scenery ninja bass there ability on sensing chakra-
no chakra means blind- so i propose a way to discharge all molded chakra
just one keystroke to bring chakra bar to 0.and reintegrate resources back to reserves.

2. ninjutsu can use less premolded chakra then if activated without it based off of the level of chakra control.

3.spending time molding chakra gives you another way to train chakra control

here is how a ninjutsu could work without premolded chakra-
CHIDORI jutsu info
master level jutsu-cc mod 1.6
molded activation 200 chakra (number from 1.0.8 version)
unmolded activation 150 PE and 100 SE= 400 chakra
needed unmolded+1
IF  3             +                  9                 +                   8  =molded(out of
                                                                                                  chakra)
then 150 PE       +         100 SE    =      250 TE    x      1.6 cc =unmolded
                                                               Total Energy
using a simple if then code you could make pre molded chakra the default source of the the jutsu and  unmolded the back up so long as the character has the unmolded values +1 in reserve. as you can see in battle it would be twice as hard or more to mold chakra and activate a jutsu then if activating it out of molded chakra. because of the added difficulty of programming these jutsu with this ability maybe only high level jutsu should have this ability to start.  Again the values here are only for illustrative purposes testing would be needed to get a balanced game play. this should also be a learned skill based on intelligence.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 16:54:57 by cmsurfer »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

Re: chakra control system (STATS)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:56:30 »
i tried to put in a work back equation in form the current build using only the chakra bar values the game currently has but apparently i can't edit this anymore.
so here it is

current chakra value x cc mod list above for the current character level=sum
sum= Total energy PE+SE so
sum x .33=SE and sum-SE= PE
to get the total PE STAT values you can just Round up to 100
and to get the SES STAT values you must multiply the sum the SE value in the equation by 3 and then round to the nearest 100
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 15:33:13 by cmsurfer »

Offline json243

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • json243 has no influence.
  • Mars is a nuub
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 20:36:07 »
  • Character Name: Hachemon Akagi (Kano)

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 21:29:10 »
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 21:40:27 »
Bruh
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 21:44:59 »
It was mentioned that you probably wont have to mold your chakra, though I like the idea of doing so. Did not feel like recommending a system myself because I dont know what is planned til more pieces are in place.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 22:36:20 »
@lollernoob9 yeah there might need to be other skill stats that have nothing to do with jutsu or combat but this would salve several problems with damage calculation, defence and Yin and Yang chakra release Jutsu as well as balance out ninjutsu genjutsu and taijutsu.
skills like career abilities, gathering, bartering/trading,or stealing/stealth my need other values to train... i'm not sure yet how to incorporate that... i would think some might be built off of SE- and PE but career abilities and gathering should be skills of there own.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 23:12:24 »
Only other thing is about the whole tree things ppl keep talking about. YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO A CLASS. You can use any technique you know and have the nature or chakra for. Because of preference/ nature limitations ppl will use different techniques, though if certain "builds" of jutsu work well together they will be adopted more often.
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 00:10:25 »
You can use any technique you know and have the nature or chakra for. Because of preference/ nature limitations ppl will use different techniques, though if certain "builds" of jutsu work well together they will be adopted more often.

yes any technique you have the resources for is a better way of saying it

your resources being PE SE and CC

this is why i recommended that the different tree skills  use specific stats so that no one person can master everything with the resources available to them.

i just got back from the gym and while i was working out i realized there is only one more STAT needed for all other skills.... INTELLIGENCE!!!!

Intelligence can even be applied to medical ninjutsu and genjutsu- as well as possibly, being a requisite for Chakra control levels. it can also be the foundation for career skills and gathering skills.

with 4 different STATS to train you would end up with a variety of different play styles

if i was going to add a 5th it would be dexterity but i don't think we need that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 00:26:52 by cmsurfer »

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 10:51:32 »
man why u doin algebra
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 15:11:41 »
man why u doin algebra
Did it also gave you a headache bruh?
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 16:41:32 »
nope math was always easy for me... it makes sense--- english on the other hand!!!

besides this is a perfect application for it. when you have a working answer you just need the rest of the information to fit.

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 23:33:20 »
...........-_-.......uhm....yes yes....i see.....*walks away*
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 23:59:02 »
I know not everyone will agree with this system and i know it is not perfect but i cant think of a better way of doing it... and before taijutsu and genjutsu are added to the current build, I think a decision on whether everything will work off chakra or if  skills like taijutsu, blocking and evasion will work off a different STAT (and if so HOW?)Is the next step for the current version.
Either this or a targeting assist mechanic. but i think targeting should wait till you have all the attacks sampled and that would mean the figuring out the above.

none of the above should affect the current version at all except to explain how you end up with the chakra you have.  and to give some ideas on other benefits of the system

these were taken from the 1.0.8 version numbers

Maximum health: 1000
Maximum chakra: 1000
Chakra recharge rate: 16.66667 / second (aka 1000 / minute)

so with this info the character should have
CC-level 5--molded chakra /1.6=625 Total energy
Total SE Stat=620
Total PE Stat=1300

now for recharge rate 16.66667/second- this is the molded chakra per sec. then
total energy/sec=10.40(CC-Level 5)
SE/sec=3.43
PE/sec=6.97
with this regen rate. it would mean that after 3 min of regen time. you would need to restore your spirit energy some how. this is why i suggested a manual regen.

But the more i think about IT  the more i think
this would be to difficult to build everything directly off of.

to fix this i suggest something like this

CC-level 5
Total SE Stat=620- Intelligence, charizma, Imagination
           optional %'s   40/30/20    30/40/20    30/30/60
Total PE Stat=1300 strength,    stamina,    dexterity/block.
           optional %'s 60/40/30    20/30/40     20/30/30
so all these would be bass %'s-this would give each new character strengths and weaknesses that person would need to train to the play style they want. this could be easy or hard depending on what they get... Training would adjust the %'s and add to total PE or SE respectively.a higher % on a child stat may even grant larger values to the mother stat.

so the current character stats in game now should look something like this

CC-level 5
Total SE Stat=620
                Intelligence, charizma, Imagination
                     372             124         124
Total PE Stat=1300
                 strength,      Stamina,    dexterity/block.
                    520              390              390
Endurance 130 damage reductions
tree=ninjutsu
chakra nature= wind
scenery-basic                                                                 
Scrolls
      ninjutsu
      taijutsu
      genjutsu
      Kenjutsu
      medical
Inventory
       tools
       consumables
       mission items
Missions
       village
       clan
       organization

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 16:42:58 by cmsurfer »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 05:38:26 »
sorry for the double post!! but i wanted to add some ideas of thing that are planed that could fall under the children Stats

Total SE Stat=620
                Intelligence, charizma, Imagination
                     372             124         124
Total PE Stat=1300
                 strength,     Stamina,  dex/block.
                    520              390              390

Intelligence- mini games like shogi- studying jutsu-carrier skills. killing someone you beat.
Charizma-mostly RP stuff, politics, if kaga get large to this-it is your influence count-leaving someone alive you beat as well
Imagination- the big one for genjutsu,also some RP stuff could fall in this category and career skills

Strength-mini games training, and all physical moves should add a small amount to thisl leaving someone alive you beat
Stamina- things like taking damage-running-jumping-and dodging should all add large
Dexterity- things like blocking-career skills and crafting

i might have left something out but you get the idea.

the next thing is stamina STAT-
this should be the basses for PE regeneration.
with the above stat of 390 i think 25% per sec is pretty good-97.5 PE per sec.
that means that in 13.3333 sec of standing still you will recover all your PE
Here 25% is based on 100% FULL TOTAL SE stat
I think you should loose 5 % for every 33.3% drop in SE

SO:
100%   =   25% regen
66.6%  =   20% regen
33.3%  =   15% regen
00.1%  =   10% regen

these percentages can be trained by taijutsu users only- any kind of stamina buff would effect these percentages. the reason for the loss in regen with less SE is to simulate Fatigue in battle

and dont forget to cast your vote
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 16:02:57 by NinjaMirage »

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun