Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64434
Latest: Marcusacush
New This Month: 303
New This Week: 64
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 76320
Total Topics: 22002
Most Online Today: 1825
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1391
Total: 1407

Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 12101 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Fitness
« on: April 05, 2016, 00:15:08 »
Who's into it? What're your goals? Do you not care? Do you want motivation to start? Do you have questions about the subject?

I'm no fitness guru but I know we have some members who are.

Atm I'm into running, 5k's feel right for me. I also do a bit of callisthenics every other night.

• Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
Re: Fitness
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 00:33:56 »
I work out often to try and improve my physical shape further. I hold an athletic build and aim for abdominal muscles (abs) and general arm strength.

I've lifted barbells, dumbbells, kettle-bells and trained with ankle-weights. Currently I've dropped the barbells and continue with the other 3 to help me improve on the basketball court.

I don't do running and up until recently I've been eating junk-food which fucks my body up nicely.
My stamina is poor but my hops and hang-time are above average.

6'2" and can cling on the 10ft rims.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 00:35:40 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Kodai

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kodai has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 00:50:56 »
I work out often to try and improve my physical shape further. I hold an athletic build and aim for abdominal muscles (abs) and general arm strength.

I've lifted barbells, dumbbells, kettle-bells and trained with ankle-weights. Currently I've dropped the barbells and continue with the other 3 to help me improve on the basketball court.

I don't do running and up until recently I've been eating junk-food which fucks my body up nicely.

basically describing me but likes 10 times better
  • Character Name: Kyamero

Offline HerpDerpZerp

• Academy Student Poster
  • HerpDerpZerp has no influence.
  • Hi, I am here to chat, so lets chat!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Igarashi
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 00:53:35 »

basically describing me but likes 10 times better
I do none of this as I am lazy, but I am skinny does that count?:)
  • Character Name: Shika Igarashi

Offline waly206

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 01:06:02 »
I will try but not in a gym because I'm shy around people I don't know and I'm a bit shy too.
p.s I'm a fat
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 01:16:19 »
I will try but not in a gym because I'm shy around people I don't know and I'm a bit shy too.
p.s I'm a fat
Don't be shy or nervous when going to the gym. If you consider yourself fat and are willing to lose weight then there's no reason for you to not go gym, and if anyone puts you off then they're stupid because that's the whole reason you've showed up.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline waly206

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:07 »
I try maybe sooner or later if a go I'll try something easy
  • Character Name: Toichi Tsukegami

Offline Sora_Taiyka

• Academy Student Poster
  • Sora_Taiyka has no influence.
  • Hidden Hill 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 01:46:41 »
I am a runner track and cross country. My main event is the mile or 1500 meters, I'm going to be running in college in two years at a division one school I just don't know which one yet. I'm not super thin or lanky but I'm also not built I have enough muscle but I'm still only 146lbs. I run about 50 miles a week with a long run at 13miles every sunday.
  • Character Name: Sora Tsukegami

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 02:07:21 »
I am a runner track and cross country. My main event is the mile or 1500 meters, I'm going to be running in college in two years at a division one school I just don't know which one yet. I'm not super thin or lanky but I'm also not built I have enough muscle but I'm still only 146lbs. I run about 50 miles a week with a long run at 13miles every sunday.
What's your pb for your sunday run?
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 16:38:16 »
Last summer I was running 7 km at a pace of 4.8 minutes / km (so around 34 minutes of continuous running) which is a pretty high pace for that distance, I was doing this 3x week before I injured my leg joint.

Reason I ran was because I liked being surrounded by nature (I ran in a park) and exercise + progress made me happy.

Anyways, because of the injury I had to stop running for a while and I got into powerlifting, I've been doing that ever since. Gained like 6 kg of muscle and a good bit of strength from it, although I'm far from reaching my goals.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 16:46:55 »
Last summer I was running 7 km at a pace of 4.8 minutes / km (so around 34 minutes of continuous running) which is a pretty high pace for that distance, I was doing this 3x week before I injured my leg joint.

Reason I ran was because I liked being surrounded by nature (I ran in a park) and exercise + progress made me happy.

Anyways, because of the injury I had to stop running for a while and I got into powerlifting, I've been doing that ever since. Gained like 6 kg of muscle and a good bit of strength from it, although I'm far from reaching my goals.

I hurt my knee when i was 21 and couldn't do my run anymore now i swim for my cardio. I really like to swim in the ocean for the same reason i like being outside and sometimes i surf instead its a good all around fitness and core building sport. best of all its all low impact on the knees.

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 17:19:06 »
Besides my daily training for performance I use to do once in two days intense workout (training to exhaustion) only callisthenics and with small weight dumbbells (4kg).
Many do not agree to this type of training as it is risky:
1. You can easily over train if you do not have a well planned schedule.
2. Muscle fibers can get damaged if you do not have a proper nutrition.
3. Vitamins with energizing role are required.

Pluses:
1. Fast results (I don't know if this is available for everybody, I am a mesomorphous).
2. It helps me for endurance (an essential characteristic for a fighter)
3. It doesn't grow muscle mass that much as a powerlifter, for e.g., but it defines each muscle group that you workout.

So instead of looking like this:

You will rather look like this:

What does it consist of?: "Work until you can't rise your hand, and then do 3 more repeats." (In this case if you work for arms, but it applies to every muscle)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 17:21:09 by Konohuro »

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 18:29:27 »
Lol you won't ever look like this unless you're actually making it your life's goal, you won't wake up one day realizing "oh no what did I turn into". That professional bodybuilding look requires a very specific way of training and a very specific way of dieting.

So instead of looking like this:

Also that second pic of yours doesn't seem like a goal to me, it's pretty average and you can achieve way better with calisthenics. That guy has barely any muscle mass lol and needs to grow some body hair.

You will rather look like this:

Here is a more appropriate look to go for:

• Character Name: Vuregu

Offline taigakun

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 19:21:31 »
I'm a runner. i don't know how but my stamina is really good. I can out of no where run 8km at a very fast pace and not feel tired or exhausted until like the final km or so

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 19:40:01 »
Goal: Build mass.
I enjoy going to the gym.