Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 63874
Latest: Ponaldbiz
New This Month: 3967
New This Week: 29
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 73432
Total Topics: 20398
Most Online Today: 998
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 923
Total: 929
Google (AdSense)
Google (5)

Author Topic: Tremere Clan [TreM]  (Read 21633 times)

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Borael has no influence.
  • Knowledge is the greatest power
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tremere

Tremere Clan [TreM]
« on: March 24, 2018, 13:52:44 »

THE ERA OF CREATION
   At first a wind blew, which in bare space know no path and followed no direction, but this wind was born. Then music burst forth. This was a song without notes, without words, and without a name. This was a song of life, that life which was engendered in emptiness. It flowed, lingered, and intertwined with the wind, yet did not merge with it and left its trace in the space not of this world. Suddenly a spark flashed. A first, second, third. A circle took shape from the small twinkling points which grew larger and larger. And there now appeared an enormous fireball which breathed and pulsated, ready at any moment to explode into millions of blazing particles. An instant ... and an awesome vortex of wind, music, and fire swirled in a frenetic dance, a ritual dance that created at the same time both the organic WHOLE and the disconnected ORIGINS. The fireball did not explode but as though disintegrated into a multitude of bright stars, each of which bore away a particle of the wind and a particle of the music. About each star, sprouted seeds – the planets. Taking root in the field of space, they were charged with energy, supplied by the spirit.
The first of his kind, Grumvol, was paranoid and diluted as he saw the end of chakra within him so he started to learn the way of how to achieve immortality. Through time, Grumvol gathered many people with the same desire and ambition. Together they traveled all around the Shinobi world in order to discover the secret of eternal life.

Clan name: Tremere

Founder: Grumvol

Leader: Grumvol and The Inner Council of Seven

Affiliation:Morigakure

History of Tremere
The Tremere were still new, and knew next to nothing about how to use their recently acquired abilities. Without this knowledge, the Tremere would face a difficult battle in the years ahead. The world saw these new kindred as blasphemers and usurpers who sold their souls to the Devil. A simple misstep could prove disastrous to a Tremere member who did not hide himself effectively enough, especially since they had very limited mastery of their powers. The situation quickly spiraled out of control as the clans they had experimented upon prior to their unlife rallied together to destroy the fledgling Tremere clan. In addition, those clans had rallied the support of many powerful allies, including other groups of shinobis, to hunt down the Tremere.

In order to combat this great threat, the founder Grumvol and his council began to research a new ways of utilizing chakra. From this they developed Thaumaturgy, a means to use the power in their blood to give additional potency to chakra. Knowledge of this new chakra spread throughout the clan like wildfire and it very quickly began to replace the mystic arts as the Lure of Flames was potent indeed. Many say that the founders created even more powerful chakra, but refused to spread this knowledge to the rest of the clan out of fear that it would be abused. This has more truth to it than many rumors as the founders did indeed create a much more potent path of Thaumaturgy known as Bijuu.

However, their fear was not that it would be abused, but that younger members could use it against them and destroy the clan. So great was the threat that all resources that showed how to use Bijuu were burned completely.
With this new chakra, Tremere chantries did take a lot of damage, but it was a lot less that it could have been.
In the end, the Tremere were able to drive off their enemies and establish themselves as a significant power in the world. Over the decades, the Tremere spread quickly across Shinobi World. The converts took to Thaumaturgy with ease, giving them an edge over the other groups of shinobis.
It's true that the Tremere didn't spread as quickly as they could have, but they didn't need to. The clan has its own interests, and its own goals.

Social Standings
For the most part, the Tremere are unknown to the world. They like to remain obscure and out of sight. However, hiding themselves from the world would only bring suspicion upon the clan, so they try to integrate themselves into society in any way they can. While their talents would best be used as scholars and strategists, this would only serve to expose the clan as others would begin to ask why these people do not age or rather, age very slowly. As such, those who can manage to hide it may work in the public eye, but most do menial tasks at night, as that is the only time they can exist.

Unique traits: Skin color is pale, irises can turn sky blue or gold depending on the vampire and after death their spirit leaves the body as corpse and travels to the next vessel transferring memories/knowledge of previous life.

Strengths: Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Fuinjutsu, Weapons of all kind

Weaknesses: Dojutsu, Crystal release, Ice Release, Metal Release

Rival clans: None

Allied clans: None

Tremere's Hierarchy and Ranks
The Tremere created a pyramid like hierarchy. The clan can only be sustained if everyone works together, and even at the lowest rank, an out of place block can weaken the entire structure. Respect for the structure is expected to be maintained at all times, and the clan is quick to punish those who behave to weaken the structure.

• Apprentice (D-rank)
An apprentice is sometimes called a neonate, and are the lowest blocks in the pyramid. A newly created apprentice is forced to drink the blood of his sire. The new vampire should be immediately taken to a temple and given a special mixture of vitae that is said to be comprised of the blood of the seven inner council members, as well as that of Tremere himself. This ritual symbolizes the bond between the apprentice and his sire, as well as his loyalty to the clan. The apprentice is bound to follow the mandate of their Acolyte, the head of the temple they were inducted into. This temple is normally the one located closest to the new member's home. All apprentices are expected to show respect towards any of higher rank or circle, and are quickly educated if they do otherwise.
As all ranks, the apprentice rank has seven Circles of Mystery. As they progress, they gain more freedom and influence. As a first circle apprentice, one is required to meet with his or her elder in the temple once a week. Seventh circle apprentices are more or less independent. At the seventh circle, those who dwell mainly within the temple have nearly as much influence as the Acolyte himself.

• Acolyte (C-rank)
An apprentice who has reached the seventh Circle of Mystery can apply to become a Acolyte. A Acolyte is one who rules over a single temple. They are responsible for the activities of all apprentices who are within its province, or the area surrounding the temple. Each hidden village has two temples, and hundreds more lie all throughout the world. A Acolyte is required to meet once a year with their Lord at the Lord's Temple.

• Lord (B-rank)
A Acolyte who has reached the seventh Circle of Mystery can apply to become a Lord. A lord is sometimes referred to as a High Acolyte, as they control about a half dozen temples in a general area referred to as a Realm. Each country contains about 4 Realms, each ruled by a Lord. While a Lord is very frequently in contact with his or her superior, a Lord is required to meet with the Councilor every three years at the Councilor's temple.

• Councilor (A-rank)
The Inner Council of Seven is made up of the oldest vampires. Among them are seven of the original eight that Tremere embraced. These do not rule individual areas, but instead control the whole of the clan as a council. These seven are responsible for pointing the direction the clan will take, and drafting the exact plans that will guide the clan to that goal. There is a rumor that each member of the council is in constant telepathic communication with the other members, but this is unknown. The Inner Council of Seven formally meets every ten years in the ancient Tremere Sanctum of Erebus, located in one of the least populated areas of Morigakure.

The Path to become the Tremere
The first part of the process is to fill and copy-paste your application in this thread. Here are two things to keep in mind while filling the application:
- Make it understandable
- Answer on all questions. If you do not, you may already consider yourself rejected

Application format

Username:
Activity level (casual, medium, hardcore):
Favorite element (Fire, Earth, Water, Wind or...):
Favorite jutsu:

You have to answer on the following questions:

1. Why do you want to join Tremere?
2. How talkative are you in chat?
3. What is your general impression with Tremere, what do you like and what do you dislike?
4. What is your goal and why do you think that you are a worthy member?
5. Describe yourself in a few words or sentences (highly recommended)?

- Make it understandable
- Answer on all questions. If you do not, you may already consider yourself rejected

Right bellow this sentence is the application format in codes hidden behind spoiler. Copy-paste when applying for the clan.

Spoiler: show
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Country and GMT:[/b]
[b]Activity level (casual, medium, hardcore):[/b]
[b]Favorite element (Fire, Earth, Water, Wind or...):[/b]
[b]Favorite jutsu:[/b]
[b]1. Why do you want to join Tremere?[/b]
[b]2. How talkative are you in chat?[/b]
[b]3. What is your general impression with Tremere, what do you like and what do you dislike?[/b]
[b]4. What is your goal and why do you think that you are a worthy member?[/b]
[b]5. Describe yourself in a few words or sentences (highly recommended)?[/b]

Interview
After posting your application, it will be overlooked by the Leader and The Inner Council of Seven. If they feel that you meet their initial standards, they will accept and direct you for further evaluation. After overlook, you will receive a PM from Tremere Leader Grumvol himself or from one of The Inner Council of Seven members. There might be a few questions in addition, if they feel it is necessary for your initiation.

Tremere Embrace
One joins through a process called Embracing. This is a crude and often painful method of blood transfusion. During the embracing process, the new member's blood is mixed with that of his sire and of the Council. This new blood is what actually gives the clan members their power. This process is going to be done through the battle in-game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:02:30 by Borael »

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

Re: Tremere Clan [TreM]
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 13:55:38 »
In addition I would like to ask for help, from any of you, with making of some graphics, photos, effects and what else can be done in order to make it look more greater. I just made sure to place my ideas on paper and to make everyone see what was on my mind and what will be in-game.

For any grammar errors, please feel free to private me so I can fix it. I hope you guys enjoy it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 14:09:17 by Borael »

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 21:07:41 »
Mother******.
I was not expecting this.
So you're a fellow fan of the World of Darkness then? Holy ****. That's awesome!
For those who don't know, he's basically ported over the Tremere clan from Vampire the Masquerade, complete with Thaumaturgy and their signature Pyramid social structure. Even using Vampire terms- Neonate, Sire, Vitae, Embrace.
Seems Morigakure has gained an interesting new clan.

How are you supposed to be weak to sunlight though?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 21:30:46 by mamita »

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf

Offline Saiyahito

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Saiyahito has no influence.
  • Hidden Forest Shinobi
    • View Profile
    • ANBU
  • Clan: Ookami
  • Organization: ANBU
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 21:24:47 »
Nice clan :) see you ingame and on discord :)
  • Character Name: Ookami Saiyahito

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 23:31:53 »
Mother******.
I was not expecting this.
So you're a fellow fan of the World of Darkness then? Holy ****. That's awesome!
For those who don't know, he's basically ported over the Tremere clan from Vampire the Masquerade, complete with Thaumaturgy and their signature Pyramid social structure. Even using Vampire terms- Neonate, Sire, Vitae, Embrace.
Seems Morigakure has gained an interesting new clan.

How are you supposed to be weak to sunlight though?
A few days ago I woke up with an idea of possibility to somehow mix whole experience that I had during V:TM (which happened like 15 years ago) and Naruto bloodline stuff.
I was fascinated by hierarchy of vampires at the age of 10, so I think that I can finally make it real and to be a part of it.

Morigakure is a perfect place for vampires as in the forest you have rich wildlife (blood reserves), as well as cover from sunlight. During night (as there will be changes in weather), we are going to be the most active as our blood flows at the highest rate at that time of the day. However, during day our powers are supposed to be lowered so we are going to spend time at secret places.
There will be some RP stuff like "balsam" that will be used to cover our skin and make us untouchable by sunlight waves. Fan of vampires won't make anything vampiric without it's terminology. :)

Nice clan :) see you ingame and on discord :)
Thanks and sure thing. ;)

Offline montari

• Academy Student Poster
  • montari has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 23:43:51 »
really nice work and great story
and nice clan i like the idea of vampires
great job and good luck with your clan
  • Character Name: username

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 23:58:30 »
really nice work and great story
and nice clan i like the idea of vampires
great job and good luck with your clan
Yes, thanks. Well, Vampires were presented even in Naruto Anime, those cursed marks from Orochimaru, Jugo's teeth, then Vampire Puppet, etc. It's not new to the Shinobi world, but surely something forgotten and I will make sure to remind everyone of it. :)
It's just a story for now, but I hope that some graphic designers will pop up so we could get some cool banners, pictures, blood effects, etc. to make thread more attractive.

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 20:49:07 »
... Bijuu

Known as Chakra Beasts  in the SLOverse (to distance a bit from Naruto-verse for reasons)
It's not even known if they'll be in it, and if they will, they'll have their own lore of creation. Best to avoid them in your history (for now), especially as a major part/role.

Thaumaturgy, a means to use the power in their blood to give additional potency to chakra.

An interesting perk . My question is: will they just have increased power to their jutsu's, increased chakra pool, or will it draw power from their health to gain a large increase to power/effeciency/pool?

I'd like to see the latter, instead of a 'normal' increase, however unlikely this 'bloodline' perk will make it in the game.

Personally, I've never played WoD, only heard stories.
I can tell you're a huge fan, seeing you tried to keep as many elements of WoD into this clan, but still trying to merge it into the SLOverse.

Commendable, however, this does make it seem out of place, since the majority of the essence that makes the clan what it is, has been taken from another universe (so to speak).

Personally, I'd like to see more integration into this universe.
Nevertheless, well detailed. Lots of attention and care was given. Love the logo. Good luck!

TL;DR
Spoiler: show

too vampy needs more ninja
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 20:55:39 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 22:15:10 »
@DarthTyrael

I just like the name "Bijuu" and I haven't thought of tailed beasts at all, I just like that word as I link it to another word "Addition" so that's why I named it like that. It can be changed anytime depending on desires of future members.
It's like "thaumaturgy", well...I am a doctor of medicine so I just made it out of two words "Trauma"+"Surgery" as whole process of it reminds of these two states of body and mind to which I am specialized at.

"...additional potency to chakra"...exact way of how it works can't be specified for as long as the game doesn't exist. What matters is that we transfer our conscious from one body to another after our deaths. That explains our immortality in SLOverse.

So it looks a bit out of place because of another universes involved? It may look like that to people to which these universes sound familiar, but normally, in order to make something unique...you have to mix already known stuff/knowledge. That's how world works, you get ideas from known knowledge of present or past so I consider my clan as unique.

Thanks for kind wishes!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 22:25:04 by Borael »

Offline Jojoj0

• Genin Poster
  • Jojoj0 has no influence.
  • I like to make music. :)
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 02:41:55 »
It's like "thaumaturgy", well...I am a doctor of medicine so I just made it out of two words "Trauma"+"Surgery"

I just made it

• Character Name: Uhhhhh... Jojo, probably.

*shmoney dances out of Konoha*

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 08:18:04 »
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturgy_(VTM)
"Thaumaturgy is the closely guarded form of blood magic practiced by the vampiric clan Tremere."

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 13:07:42 »
I am just amazed by how superficially someone can look at the word itself. Have you ever wondered from where the word "Thaumaturgy" came from or you just typed it on google to find out which universe is using it? Read some books as knowledge is power.

Very superficial guess, very disappointed I am.

Offline Jojoj0

• Genin Poster
  • Jojoj0 has no influence.
  • I like to make music. :)
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Blackbox
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 19:19:44 »
I am just amazed by how superficially someone can look at the word itself. Have you ever wondered from where the word "Thaumaturgy" came from or you just typed it on google to find out which universe is using it? Read some books as knowledge is power.

Very superficial guess, very disappointed I am.
I don't care where the word came from. The point is the "I made it" part. And, just because I took a screenshot of the definition to make a joke doesn't mean I had to research it. It really isn't all that uncommon a word.
  • Character Name: Uhhhhh... Jojo, probably.

*shmoney dances out of Konoha*

Offline Borael

• Genin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 05:45:55 »
I don't care where the word came from. The point is the "I made it" part. And, just because I took a screenshot of the definition to make a joke doesn't mean I had to research it. It really isn't all that uncommon a word.

If you don't care, then don't bother. It's simple as that.
On the other hand, to make jokes on official clan page...really shows the level of maturity. Don't you think?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:55:03 by Borael »

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 06:00:46 »
I didn't use Google to find out that WoD uses it. I've always known that.
What irks me is that you state you put it together from two different words yourself when you, a self-stated fan of Vampire: The Masquerade, have very clearly taken it because it's the signature ability of the Tremere themselves - the blood sorcery of a vampiric clan.

You took their name, their entire premise, their unique abilities, and even the Pyramid society crafted to keep the young in control through the mind-influencing power of the blood bond.

On the other hand, to make jokes on official clan page...really shows the level of maturity. Don't you think?

Welcome to the community.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:05:44 by mamita »

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD