Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64466
Latest: valtrex india
New This Month: 335
New This Week: 11
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 76800
Total Topics: 22339
Most Online Today: 1164
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1092
Total: 1101
EdithSoure
Google (AdSense)
Google (7)

Author Topic: Migrating to other villages  (Read 7288 times)

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
Migrating to other villages
« on: June 19, 2015, 16:45:02 »
I know that you can move to another village(s) after you have gotten the trait from picking the village you want but,
i also thought of the problems posing that such as:

1.People picking that village because it's simply doing the best
2.People outnumbering other villages greatly in wars
3.Bribery:join this village and i'll give you etc.(maybe)

(Can't really think of another one atm)
So i thought of a way around that, basically, you are able to transfer from the moment you start the game but,you also you will bare the title as 'Mid-transfer student' or something like that , but as soon as you hit Chuunin rank, you must pay a fee to be officially from that village(the title will go if you do pay it). The fee shouldn't be too expensive that the poor can't afford and shouldn't be too cheap that it doesn't make a dent in a rich persons pocket. Also you aren't allowed to participate in any wars and other things that people officially from that village are able to partake in until you pay that fee(obviously you can still take part in the chuunin exams though,plus paying this will make you official), there could be a set timer you have to pay it, and if you don't you would simply be returned back to your original village you picked.

I think that this would abolish those problems and furthers ones if i think of any, if you see any flaws don't hesitate to say

• Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Migrating to other villages
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 16:51:53 »
I know that you can move to another village(s) after you have gotten the trait from picking the village you want but,
i also thought of the problems posing that such as:

1.People picking that village because it's simply doing the best
2.People outnumbering other villages greatly in wars
3.Bribery:join this village and i'll give you etc.(maybe)

(Can't really think of another one atm)
So i thought of a way around that, basically, you are able to transfer from the moment you start the game but,you also you will bare the title as 'Mid-transfer student' or something like that , but as soon as you hit Chuunin rank, you must pay a fee to be officially from that village(the title will go if you do pay it). The fee shouldn't be too expensive that the poor can't afford and shouldn't be too cheap that it doesn't make a dent in a rich persons pocket. Also you aren't allowed to participate in any wars and other things that people officially from that village are able to partake in until you pay that fee(obviously you can still take part in the chuunin exams though,plus paying this will make you official), there could be a set timer you have to pay it, and if you don't you would simply be returned back to your original village you picked.

I think that this would abolish those problems and furthers ones if i think of any, if you see any flaws don't hesitate to say
Agreed, though all of the annoying and bad things would happen in Naruto and real life.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Heimdallr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Heimdallr has no influence.
  • I'm just rowing man.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Saru
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 17:45:23 »
Or just simply make it unable to migrate to other village
  • Character Name: Rower
Don't know where I'm going I just keep on rowing
I just keep on polling, gotta row

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 17:59:11 »
Yea but what if i wanted to join the Hidden Ocean/snow for the traits and my friend wanted to join Hidden Haze for their traits, but we both wanted to join Hidden Thunder to be from the same village then ya know.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 20:51:53 by limits »

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 18:11:43 »

That would be unrealistic and not fun.
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 03:05:04 »
How about, after a village reaches a player amount that is higher in ratio (to a certain extent) than other villages, then that village is temporarily unable to be joined?

Soooo, if it starts like this--and keep in mind that these ratios make up the total amount of characters ACTIVELY (and by this I mean registered to have played within the past 48 hours) playing in the world--then:
Total = 99.99% of the active player population
Okagakure{Hill} = 9.09%
Kaminarigakure{Thunder} = 9.09%
Morigakure{Forest} = 9.09%
Kazangakure{Volcano} = 9.09%
Heizugakure{Haze} = 9.09%
Yukigakure{Snow} = 9.09%
Haigakure{Ash} = 9.09%
Inferunogakure{Inferno} = 9.09%
Kinzokugakure{Metal} = 9.09%
Hokorigakure{Dust} = 9.09%
Shogekihagakure{Shock Wave} = 9.09%

And then it changed over to:

Total = 99.99% of the active player population
Okagakure{Hill} = 9.09%
Kaminarigakure{Thunder} = 12.09%
Morigakure{Forest} = 9.09%
Kazangakure{Volcano} = 9.09%
Heizugakure{Haze} = 9.09%
Yukigakure{Snow} = 9.09%
Haigakure{Ash} = 6.09%
Inferunogakure{Inferno} = 12.09%
Kinzokugakure{Metal} = 12.09%
Hokorigakure{Dust} = 3.09%
Shogekihagakure{Shock Wave} = 12.09%

Then the Shock, Metal, Inferno, and Thunder would be unable to be picked until they balanced out with the other village percentages. Plus, since this is a system that would constantly fluctuate due to it's own rulings, you could die with a character in one village and end up making a new character in a completely different village. This would also help other players to break the system where they always go with the most powerful village, forcing them to choose another village instead. It will also help balance out the more powerful players after they die, making them choose different villages for different characters and generally spreading the amount of power throughout the 11 villages, keeping them balanced. To me, this would help stop problems such as certain villages becoming "Ghost-Villages", or shells filled with few players and a host of idle NPCs.
============================================================================================

HOWEVER...some people might not like that idea. Soooo, you could always just increase the NPC village shinobi difficulty/intelligence for the less populated villages, keeping them protected from mass village raids (for the most part). Anyway, it's up to you guys, but thanks to @limits for inspiring me to write this.

Good topic pal!
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 03:24:12 »
@dragon6624 Hm, i also do like that idea but, it would be a shame if i couldn't transfer to the same villages as my friends due to population. I think your idea would mainly benefit those who are playing the game by themselves rather than those who are joining with friends, but then again who knows.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 04:12:31 »
Excellent point. Brainstorming ways to fix/bypass this problem...

....*brainstorming*....

Alright, bear with me on this, as it's going to be a little bit rough. So, when you go to choose a village (for character creation) that your friend is in, but it already happens to have a higher ratio, you can then ask your friend to "invite" you to the village (via a side button where you type in the character's name). Your friend then receives this in their mail, and they can then authorize this invite. As I said, it's a bit rough, and it would most likely have to be toned down in the total number of players a certain character can invite (probably stop it at 3, though this is just for one character). And obviously, the other character would have to be online in order to invite you. Of course, this system kinda breaks my last suggestion, but it's the only one I could come up with for this problem. @limits What do you think, got any extra ideas? I'd prefer to solve this problem XD, as it is pretty important.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 05:01:57 »
or if the two villages happen to be allies you can just invite him to your village after he gets permission from the kage of his village
if they are not allied villages then i dont think that your plan is gonna work @limits as his kage will never allow him to be transferred to the non-allied nation.
It would be nice if the two friends just decide which village to choose at the start of the game.   

Offline jcryer

• Fire Release Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • jcryer has no influence.
  • Do not go gentle into that good night.
    • View Profile
    • Shinobi Life Online
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Iryō Buntai
    Organisation: Roguhanta
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:50:50 »
@Uzumaki Hari, that would make things so much easier xD

@dragon6624, I love the idea of the ratios for the villages, that is pretty amazing and you obviously put a lot of work into it :) I don't think that the friend invite idea would break your original one, it would simply skew the ratios for a time, there will be more people playing alone than as friends most likely, and if there is a limit to how many people you can invite, it should be okay. Those village's ratios will go up, and the village the person left will go down. New players can just fill in the ranks where it's needed.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 10:59:54 »
Your idea for ratios is amazing, though this should only ever be used for transferring.
It's not fair that when you join you can't get the village of your choice.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 11:21:25 »
@dragon6624 Hm, i cant really point out any flaws in that except, it depends on the time it takes. Say if i do get an invite and transfer while i still picked another village for the trait, that would be a-ok, but lets say my friend came offline and moments after my character was killed, i'd have to wait for him to come back online (if i didn't have any other friends i could contact outside the game) to get another invite to that village. It's not really a flaw just pointing out that it could take some time in general.

@Uzumaki Hari I would just pick the same village as my friend if traits weren't involved in the game, plus i don't think a kage should have a say in what village you move to, it's like them saying who to marry etc.

Offline granit

• Special Jonin Poster
  • granit has no influence.
  • Yes ,no,maybe , idk ,wait , what was the question?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Mars' Ramen
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 12:07:14 »
@dragon6624 that's a great idea , and about the friends : If one friend can join then the other can too , they just have to do it at the same time since 2 people won't make a difference.

@Uzumaki Hari I think you wouldn't be able to officially join an enemy village since they won't let you to begin with. The only way should be to join it "anonymously".
  • Character Name: Sai Kirishima

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 15:44:17 »
@dragon6624 that's a great idea , and about the friends : If one friend can join then the other can too , they just have to do it at the same time since 2 people won't make a difference.

@Uzumaki Hari I think you wouldn't be able to officially join an enemy village since they won't let you to begin with. The only way should be to join it "anonymously".

If you can join it anonymously that is.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 16:30:17 »
I think that population differences should play a role in the game, as that is realistic and would happen in Naruto also. Villages like the hidden forest will inevitably have more players than villages such as the hidden metal. This is necessary to bring relative balance to the game. However,  I do like the idea of having to pay to join a village.
  • Character Name: Dawg