Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64451
Latest: TommyVot
New This Month: 320
New This Week: 81
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 76536
Total Topics: 22109
Most Online Today: 1445
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1086
Total: 1100

Author Topic: Clan Suggestion  (Read 11390 times)

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Clan Suggestion
« on: June 22, 2016, 07:28:48 »
So right now, if you look at how clans work on SLO and in the Naruto universe there's a bit of discrepancy.

Let me run through some examples of just what I'm talking about.

The Nara Clan: Known for their secret shadow manipulation techniques
Inuzuka Clan: Known for their Man/Beast Jutsu
Hozuki Clan: Known for their Unique Water Style Jutsu
Iburi Clan: Known for their ability to take on the form of smoke

Clans on SLO however, currently can only share physical traits and perhaps a main chakra nature.

Now you can discover and pass along a jutsu through the lines of the clan and have a sort of makeshift hidden clan jutsu, however nothing prevents someone from a different clan or village to discover the technique the same way the original founder did, and also pass that down to his clan.

Despite this, I'm sure you all know that the dev team can't just make a jutsu for every schmuck that waltzes in and makes a clan. The further we'd go the more clan specific jutsu we'd have to make, and the more ridiculous they would get.

So I propose a system. Allow clans from each village, after reaching a certain amount of members, to apply as an "Official" Clan. Do this until we get maybe 3 official clans in each village. Official clans can choose from a list of pre-approved hidden techniques created in the Jutsu Creation topic to use in their clan. First come first serve. Members will still be able to create their own clans in the same format as we have now, they just won't be able to have an official clan specific jutsu. The Clan leaders will also be able to strictly control the people using this technique by denying applicants they don't see fit.

I can brainstorm some ideas for the Hidden Jutsu'  if the idea gets approved, but for now it's just a way I find to make clans more intuitive. As always let me know what you guys think of the idea, and if you'd prefer this system over the current system.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Clan Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:14:12 »
Sounds like a good idea, but surely there would be no one making their own clan and you'd have people just wanting to join an official clan?

But honestly I support it as if it's about members it'll give the older clans (e.g. ones made now) an advantage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:47:56 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Isis

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 09:40:40 »
You are somewhat right about the discrepancy here.

However, your system will ultimately cause balance of power problems. Let's say some clans become "Official" and choose their own unique abilities. This would make these official clans (which already must be much more powerful compared to the rest) even stronger. They will end up getting much more applicants than any other clan. Who would join a low-member clan with no special skills when they can join a populated one that has exclusive powers? Basically no one. My point is, these official clans will get both unique powers and more population.  Other clans will get neither.

In my opinion, there should only be official clans and that is it. Meaning no clans with just one or two members. This game is only getting bigger and more famous. Think of how it will be around release. If anyone had the ability to make their own clan, it would be hectic. Having hundreds of clans with just one or two players.. it's simply unrealistic. It might not look like it now, but soon it will turn into chaos. I say have only official clans. To be a clan, you need at least eight players to write down their names and register for that clan. The fact that eight players wanted to join a clan means that that clan must be special enough to deserve a place in the world. Because frankly, there is a limit on that.

That way, there will ultimately be less clan numbers, and more clan members.

Now, about the special abilities. This suggestion can happen, but not in this period of time at all. In fact, maybe a little while before release. There could be some sort of clan competition, with two or three winners from each village. The winning clans get to choose a special ability that can be implemented. That way, people who applied for that clan would have joined not because the clan has special powers, but because it actually has nice history/ physical features, etc. So in the end, like you suggested, only a few clans per village will have special abilities. The rest will still be official clans but without any. However like I said earlier, these clans are special enough to have a place. Since they got the interests of eight people, they will still be able to get more members because of it's features.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:43:35 by Isis »
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline taigakun

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 09:45:47 »
You are somewhat right about the discrepancy here.

However, your system will ultimately cause balance of power problems. Let's say some clans become "Official" and choose their own unique abilities. This would make these official clans (which already must be much more powerful compared to the rest) even stronger. They will end up getting much more applicants than any other clan. Who would join a low-member clan with no special skills when they can join a populated one that has exclusive powers? Basically no one. My point is, these official clans will get both unique powers and more population.  Other clans will get neither.

This

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:52 »
Then again, would you join a clan with million players or a clan with 10 players?

Truth be told, we're lucky to be able to create clans and stuff now, we'll obviously have the upper hand anyways.

Tbh, a million clans wouldn't be cool.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline Psykho

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Psykho has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta                                                   Godai Temple
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 11:33:54 »
I think the players are focusing too much on clans. They're important to have support in the game and to be around people with whom you most identify with, etc. But I believe that this can weaken the connection of the players with their villages. Or at least divert their attention from what should be the focus of everyone, regardless of clan: the village in which it lies.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:35:30 by Psykho »
  • Character Name: Psykho Tsukegami

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:36:05 »
@Isis
This is true and that is the point... In naruto this is why every ninja war except the 4th was fought.

It's not the village that has the clans it's the land. The land of fire for instance has up words of 16 clans in the village alone and that's not counting smaller outline villages and temple.Not all clans are as strong as others. You may be forgetting not everyone may want to be in a clan with 1000's of other people even if they could get a power out of it. Maybe they want the challenge of starting off small and building a clan from nothing. Or maybe they only want to play with there close friend in real life. There's nothing wrong with that and  way the game is set up allows it. The smaller clans will have it much harder...and may not servive. But thay should at least have to option to try.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 14:45:27 »
To be a clan, you need at least eight players to write down their names and register for that clan. The fact that eight players wanted to join a clan means that that clan must be special enough to deserve a place in the world. Because frankly, there is a limit on that.

This...we have numerous dead clans in the clan thread. Something like this will not only make a clan much more valuable but require anyone interested in making a clan to stick around for a while and get to know people.

@Vreg

It doesnt have to be 8 people, maybe 4?
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 15:20:02 »
To be a clan, you need at least eight players to write down their names and register for that clan. The fact that eight players wanted to join a clan means that that clan must be special enough to deserve a place in the world. Because frankly, there is a limit on that.

This...we have numerous dead clans in the clan thread. Something like this will not only make a clan much more valuable but require anyone interested in making a clan to stick around for a while and get to know people.

@Vreg

It doesnt have to be 8 people, maybe 4?
If we do this can we have like a time frame like 4 people In a six month period.
I would hate to have put all that effort in to the clan and then have it taken down right after I made it.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 19:53:43 »
As usual, thank's everyone for your feedback. What if the way clan jutsu was distributed wasn't simply the clan leader saucing you a book and you get a jutsu. Because that isn't quite how I'd see it. That way you'd have an advantage early on, and would simply crush most other genin/academy students. My goal is to have some kind of special ability that makes people go "This ninja is part of the Hidden Forests _____ Clan, known for their ____ technique" like what people do when they see a sharingan. Obviously this gives someone an advantage in a sense, but think of it like this. The Hatake clan, Kakashi uses alot of original jutsu (as well as everybody elses jutsu) with every base chakra nature. Shikamaru Nara uses only basic ninjutsu, and his shadow manipulation techniques. What I'm getting at, is that perhaps to use your clans hidden jutsu, you will have a Clan jutsu tree. If you want to put points into your clan jutsu, you're doing so in favor of putting it elsewhere.

This way, compared to a ninja who's not in a big clan you aren't just the same with better jutsu. You'd just have different jutsu.

To address the fact of the matter "Why would anyone NOT join a clan?" Well that's almost the plan really. If people don't want to be bound by their clan and just do whatever they want with their character, then they can "create" their own clan. Of course this would still leave the problem of thousands of dead clans on release. Maybe just create your character, and slap your last name on and that's your "clan".

I want Official clans to have advantages, but not in the sense that they are the same as regular ninja with extra jutsu.

Offline Isis

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 21:06:34 »
To address the fact of the matter "Why would anyone NOT join a clan?" Well that's almost the plan really. If people don't want to be bound by their clan and just do whatever they want with their character, then they can "create" their own clan. Of course this would still leave the problem of thousands of dead clans on release. Maybe just create your character, and slap your last name on and that's your "clan".

I want Official clans to have advantages, but not in the sense that they are the same as regular ninja with extra jutsu.

Those people who do not want to be bound by other people's clans like you said... If they want to make their own clan then it should be special and impressive enough to get a certain number of members to be classified as an official clan. If we have no restrictions on clans we'll have all sorts of wild ideas made by people who just don't satisfy others. Clans are not made for an individual, they're made for groups of people.

Either way, it's a nice suggestion and there are several ways it could be accomplished. The easiest and most sensible is the way I mentioned in my previous post. However one thing is for sure...Clans who end up getting advantages or special abilities should have a member limit. This way clan leaders will actually have to be careful who they pick in the future as a member, and no one who isn't worthy will join the clan just to get these special abilities.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 21:48:38 »
It is not practical to have clan trees and be able to create your own clan... This would require blank trees that when certain Jutsu are traind fill in with clan skills and that is at least I'm my  Opinion backwards from the way Jutsu  should be learned. You should have the nessessary skills in your tree already to learn a Jutsu requiring those skills.

If there is a clans abuilitys it should just effect the charicter stats at charicter creation so.
If the _clan from the hidden forest is know for there Taijustu, that's because at charicter creation they get a modifier to stamina, and strength. When you create a clan you get to choose 2 stats to modify- and maybe 1 in every 1000 clans or so they could be granted more then normal points to add to them.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 23:56:30 »
It is not practical to have clan trees and be able to create your own clan... This would require blank trees that when certain Jutsu are traind fill in with clan skills and that is at least I'm my  Opinion backwards from the way Jutsu  should be learned. You should have the nessessary skills in your tree already to learn a Jutsu requiring those skills.

If there is a clans abuilitys it should just effect the charicter stats at charicter creation so.
If the _clan from the hidden forest is know for there Taijustu, that's because at charicter creation they get a modifier to stamina, and strength. When you create a clan you get to choose 2 stats to modify- and maybe 1 in every 1000 clans or so they could be granted more then normal points to add to them.

I think you misunderstand. What I mean to say is that you only get this tree when being accepted into an official clan. By "Make your own clan" I mean simply don't join one. Say you make a character named Mike Smith, he's now part of the "Smith" clan. He doesn't get anything for it, but he technically just created his own clan.

Getting stat boosts for joining a clan is a little far fetched to me as well. Because then anyone in a clan is just systematically better than somebody who isn't. He doesn't have to sacrifice say his water style jutsu mastery for anything, because now he's just automatically faster and stronger than anybody not in his clan. The clan jutsu would need to come at the cost of mastering other things, or else you're literally the same as everyone else except you have more jutsu.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 08:07:26 »
Just because a clan has lots of members, doesn't mean they deserve to be an original clan.
I'd prefer to have a system where these "official" clans were hand picked by kage or game mods for being honorable, nice, skilled or helping.

But regardless, I love my clan like a family and we don't need a special jutsu to hold us together :D
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 08:14:07 »
Just because a clan has lots of members, doesn't mean they deserve to be an original clan.
I'd prefer to have a system where these "official" clans were hand picked by kage or game mods for being honorable, nice, skilled or helping.

But regardless, I love my clan like a family and we don't need a special jutsu to hold us together :D

I can agree with you there. Clans would have to apply to become official, and perhaps the applications can be sorted by a 3 man council. Somebody on the dev team, a moderator, and the kage of that village

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro