Forum > Shinobi Life Online Questions

If a clan leader dies...

(1/2) > >>

Chickenllamacactus:
I know that there has been a lot of posts about clans but my question is what would happen should the clan leader die. would there be an option to pick a successor or will it be picked automatically? Also, what would happen if the leader of a clan gets a kekkei genkai and starts a new clan?

Kai:
I'm sure if a clan leader dies the clan members will be able to pick a new leader, and if the clan leader got a kekkei genkai and started a new clan he would be able to pass it on to his clan, through a code which can be entered at character creation, there's no chance of this failing and your character dying, and in game, but for this option there is a chance of it failing and your character dying, you also need someone with high medical ninjutsu to transplant the kekkei genkai, and there's a 0.02% chance of someone getting a kekkei genkai.

Shadow1759:
I think Kai might have tried to explain a little too much in too short of sentences, so I'll try and rephrase it.

This is actually a good question, and I agree with Kai. The clan members will probably be able to choose their next leader.

As for the next question, that is also a good one. I am not really sure myself, but I am assuming that if a clan leader decides to leave his clan and start a new one for a kekkei genkai, then they would choose a new one. However, what I think Kai was trying to say is that it won't be necessary. Your character is determined to get a kekkei genkai at character creation, and it is unlocked at Jonin level. Once you unlock it, you receive 3 special DNA codes you may use on someone else (with a 33% chance of success, if I remember correctly.) So, if a character was a leader of a clan and was a Chunin, then graduates to Jonin level and unlocks a kekkei genkai, they would be able to pass it down their current clan as opposed to just leaving them.

I hope I was able to answer your questions c:

m4r1us:
As a clan leader, you most likely have someone who you trust enough to succeed you in case you die while you're still alive. We don't even know at the moment whether a clan's leader would be a game mechanic or just a mutual agreed chosen leader by the clan members, no mechanic involved whatsoever.

As for the Kekkei Genkai thing, you get to pick a new family name and thus start a whole new clan. You must leave your old clan though, leader or not.

And you could use the above mentioned 3 codes to try and get 3 members of your old clan into your new one. Then if a code succeeds that guy can just pass it to another 3 persons and so on until you shift all your old clan into your new one. That'd be almost impossible though.

Xendrus...:

--- Quote from: m4r1us on December 05, 2014, 12:59:54 ---just a mutual agreed chosen leader by the clan members, no mechanic involved whatsoever.

--- End quote ---

In my personal opinion, this should be the case. Let orgs and clans do whatever they want. If they don't want a leader, then they don't need one. If they want elections, make them hold it for themselves. Ya feel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version