Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64435
Latest: gennick[dbgshhndgzvbjgm]
New This Month: 304
New This Week: 65
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 76338
Total Topics: 22012
Most Online Today: 1473
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1488
Total: 1506

Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Umarekawari

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Umarekawari has no influence.
  • Morigakure, Hidden Forest
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Naitou Ichizoku, 内藤一族
A couple of questions
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:18:54 »
Hi there, I'm new around SLO. I've been searching through forums about a couple of doubts I've been holding for my self, so here it goes.

First one:
- Type of game SLO will be.

This one may be one of the biggest ones. I know there won't be deathmatch for too long, but I've to ask. Will it be a open world/pve/roleplay type of game? If yes, I've been searching around and I've seen a lot of quotes that was made, saying the "kages" and a lot of important characters will be played by players itself. How will it be possible? In my experience with open world games, roles such as kages, senseis and quest holders, play better when it comes from a NPC character. I think it would simplify a lot the whole world SLO is trying to create. Hope you guys leave some good responses and suggestions within my own.

- Character Customazion and Getting Started in SLO;

Also one of my biggest doubts. Will there be a option to customize your own character, such as clothing and details? (eyes, face painting and scars, wraps, fishnets, coats/dresses and kimonos, things like that), or will there be any "default" type of outfit in the beginning?

- Villages, Clans and Chakra natures.

In the beginning, everybody is talking about creating their own clans and such, but, wouldn't it be better if the developers set a list of existing clans in the game? That way, would be much easier to follow the steps and chakra nature every clan holds. I know a lot of people already have projects about clans, but I don't think it would be good for starting. I think it would be really, really better to have clans already signed by developers in the beginning, the more important ones, like y'all doing with the villages. Do a research in each village y'all are going to be signing as default, and add the most "important" clans of the villages, and example, Konoha has Senju and Uchiha, things like that.

- Jutsus

Playing the pre-alpha, I've experienced some difficults with memorizing jutsus and adapting myself to the hit system, which is really hard. I've seen a lot of people counting on genjutsu in SLO, but common, will it really be implemented in-game? I mean. Taijutsu and Ninjutsu would be easy to do, but genjutsu would be really OP in-game, since it's allucionation stuff. My suggestion is to restrict it for only those two. I'm being careful, since a lot of people enjoy genjutsu here, including myself, but I don't think it will fit the atmosphere of the game, since it's something that requires a lot of programming and such. You guys decide it.

- Open world and scenario.

Are you guys basing SLO strictly to Naturo's scenario, or will it be everything "fresh"? I've seen either a lot of posts that programmers are saying there won't be the "real villages" and stuff like that. So, it's everything just based on? For an example, Konoha won't be Konoha, it will be another village?

Well, these are my questions, I apologize for a lot of ortographic and grammar mistakes, but I've tried to make it more transparent as possible. Hope y'all get some really good suggestions out of it and do an open-friendly discussion about it.

• Character Name: Sazama Naitou

Offline Umarekawari

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 06:20:42 »
Oh, another one. Will you be strictly forced to join the academy in which village you choose to begin.. or, will you be free to be a renegade and learn it all by yourself or a "player sensei", type of practice/master.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:40:24 »
Kage's -
There will be some npcs but nobody can run a village as well as a real person. An NPC wouldn't know to start war if another village had been stealing from its shinobi whereas a real person would.
When picking genin squads, a real person would construct a team based around strengths and weaknesses better than npcs and so on.
An NPC would give the same quests to everybody making it very unoriginal but players could give quests based on their needs, eg if a rogue killed my friend I could ask a jonin or set a mission to hunt that rogue.
An actual sensei would teach you with better techniques than an NPC, they could answer questions whereas a computer program couldn't.

Customisation -
You will be able to customise your character and clothes

Villages and Clans -
Each village will have two set chakra natures, if you're skilled enough you'll get two chakra natures. You'll get the chakra natures from the village you start in, not your clans. Might not be realistic but I'm pretty sure that's how it is, and most people like it that way.
Making clans is fun

Genjutsu -
How is making someone think they have more health than they already have OP

Scenario -
There will be nothing directly ripped from naruto due to copyright. Players will create the scenario. The Kage's decide to start a war? The scenario is war. The war finishes? The scenario will be the aftermath of war etc
There is a stickier list of the hidden villages on the naruto discussion board

Academy -
The academy will be the tutorial, after that you could do whatever you want.

This is just my 2 cents and what I know has already been planned

Sorry for mistakes, I'm on my iPad.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:42:05 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:39:46 »
Kage's -
There will be some npcs but nobody can run a village as well as a real person. An NPC wouldn't know to start war if another village had been stealing from its shinobi whereas a real person would.
When picking genin squads, a real person would construct a team based around strengths and weaknesses better than npcs and so on.
An NPC would give the same quests to everybody making it very unoriginal but players could give quests based on their needs, eg if a rogue killed my friend I could ask a jonin or set a mission to hunt that rogue.
An actual sensei would teach you with better techniques than an NPC, they could answer questions whereas a computer program couldn't.

Customisation -

Villages and Clans -
Each village will have two set chakra natures, if you're skilled enough you'll get two chakra natures. You'll get the chakra natures from the village you start in, not your clans. Might not be realistic but I'm pretty sure that's how it is, and most people like it that way.
Making clans is fun

Genjutsu -

Scenario -
There will be nothing directly ripped from naruto due to copyright. Players will create the scenario. The Kage's decide to start a war? The scenario is war. The war finishes? The scenario will be the aftermath of war etc

Academy -

+Rep
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 15:47:48 »
Kage's -

Customisation -

Villages and Clans -
Making clans is fun

Genjutsu -

Scenario -

Academy -

Perfect answer. Anything else you are confused on, @Umarekawari, just look on the FAQ.

My opinion of your post: To make all the roles NPCs is just dumb. What would be the point in playing if you follow NPC stuff? It gets boring and tedious if done like that where as having players run the game and what route it takes is the best thing as there is always something new. Everything you suggested would make the game dull. As a leader of a clan, I would strongly disagree with your whole clan concept you brought to the table as would most others. In MMOs there are guilds and such, this is what clans are in the game as well as organisations. If you was to remove that it removes most of the concept that an MMO has.

To say Genjutsu would be hard to implemant shows that you did not do your research on the game. There is already a planned system in place for it and I strongly reccomend you look for that. Anyway, sorry if I came off offensive but you seem to have asked questions that have already been answered and therefore leads me to believe you did not check the forums before posting. If you did, your mind would be more at ease.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Umarekawari

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 16:43:32 »
No problem, bro. I dig it. Why I did ask for more usage of NPC's? Take a look at those big games, such as World of Warcraft. It was that type of quest-holders NPC's that I was talking about, but I get it, of course quests being hold and given by players, will be extremely new and dynamic, but there should be a important role for the NPC's to play it. @Leebz

Anyways.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 17:10:39 by Umarekawari »

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 17:13:30 »
There will be important npc's it wont exist out of only players.
But i like it this way and im sure many other people do as well.
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Umarekawari

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 17:15:06 »
I won't be creating new threads, so I'll be posting here some questions I got to ask. About the default animations. Will there be exact the same default animations pre-alpha has right now? Or you guys will update those either?  Like running, jumping, crouching and stance?

Another question I have is about the interface. The actual interface in the 1.0.9.4.1 will be permanent? Or will you guys also update those?

The last one. About the bandanas. Will it be possible to add it places like forehead, neck, arm and belly? or just the typical forehead bandana style? - Since SLO created it's own hidden villages. Will there be new designs for each one? Like Konoha = Leaf? And will it be possible to see the actual design in-game? So you can tell the difference between a shinobi from Hidden Forest and a shinobi from Hidden Hill?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 17:18:15 by Umarekawari »

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 18:12:20 »
1- The animations WILL be improved upon
2- The Interface will be updated
3- Most possibly, you will be able to choose where your headband*(not bandanas xD) is being worn by you.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Recent Topics

Dart Yamazaki by FrankJScott
Today at 01:40:55

NinjaGasher13 by FrankJScott
Today at 01:40:21

Hachimitsu Clan by FrankJScott
Today at 01:37:44

Most bad ass character! by FrankJScott
Today at 01:37:36

Kandakai clan by FrankJScott
Today at 01:37:09