Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64353
Latest: Bruceraw
New This Month: 222
New This Week: 58
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 75627
Total Topics: 21548
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1023
Total: 1035

Author Topic: Drawings WIP  (Read 12438 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Drawings WIP
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 21:18:24 »
So far--based on your last drawing--I'd say you're coming along nicely Nas. Just a quick question to satisfy my curiosity though -- what tools do you use to draw with? I'm getting the feeling of a led pen, but that might just be because of the large amounts of excess lines seen in your work. Do you simply clean up after you feel comfortable with the overall shape, aka erase the leftovers afterwards?
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 21:24:25 »
So far--based on your last drawing--I'd say you're coming along nicely Nas. Just a quick question to satisfy my curiosity though -- what tools do you use to draw with? I'm getting the feeling of a led pen, but that might just be because of the large amounts of excess lines seen in your work. Do you simply clean up after you feel comfortable with the overall shape, aka erase the leftovers afterwards?

Yea a normal led pencil but im working on getting a mechanical pencil. And yea i usually "try" to clean up if i comfotable with it or just eave it to remind  myself of the guide lines i use
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 21:41:21 »
Ahh, alright, I see. Good idea then -- leaving the traces of your past work behind as a reference.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 21:46:39 »
Ahh, alright, I see. Good idea then -- leaving the traces of your past work behind as a reference.

Yeaa i have a tendancy to not be consistent with my drawings

Offline Lumen

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Lumen has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 16:34:13 »
When you're sketching, try not to go back and forth across your lines and when you have the opportunity, always use reference.
  • Character Name: KilaJoule

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 23:16:29 »
When you're sketching, try not to go back and forth across your lines and when you have the opportunity, always use reference.

Yeah lumen speaks the truth, reference is very important, i use it in every piece i do. For example if you feel you have difficulty drawing a character in a particular pose, try and find that actual pose on google and essentially copy from it (dont trace)- you will find the more times you draw it, the better your own visual library/storage of that pose will be and you will be able to draw accurate versions of that from scratch in no time. The other major factor in creating realistic and believable images is lighting. What i have found is that you have to decide a light source consciously, then make sure you apply that light consistently across the image- again, the way the light impacts different materials should also be referenced.

Bit of inspiration below as well, the right image was done in late 2014, and left one 2015. Pretty much shows what differences you can achieve if you apply some of those techniques and knowledge, and bear in mind i barely do characters, as i prefer environments, so if you are drawing character every week, you will easily be able to surpass me in a year or two. Also, try out digital dude, once you get used to the advantages it brings are exponential.

• Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 11:43:54 »
Only just saw you drew my character, thanks! :D
All of these look great
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Lumen

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Lumen has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 04:09:52 »
Hey, dude. Just wanted to recommend you to Stan Prokopenko. I've been monitoring your thread and it most definitely seems like you'd benefit from a watch from his "Drawing Basics" section. It's a free watch on Youtube, but if you find him a good teacher, be sure too look more into him. Don't worry. It's actually pretty fun. 

• Character Name: KilaJoule

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 19:39:40 »

Yeah lumen speaks the truth, reference is very important, i use it in every piece i do. For example if you feel you have difficulty drawing a character in a particular pose, try and find that actual pose on google and essentially copy from it (dont trace)- you will find the more times you draw it, the better your own visual library/storage of that pose will be and you will be able to draw accurate versions of that from scratch in no time. The other major factor in creating realistic and believable images is lighting. What i have found is that you have to decide a light source consciously, then make sure you apply that light consistently across the image- again, the way the light impacts different materials should also be referenced.

Bit of inspiration below as well, the right image was done in late 2014, and left one 2015. Pretty much shows what differences you can achieve if you apply some of those techniques and knowledge, and bear in mind i barely do characters, as i prefer environments, so if you are drawing character every week, you will easily be able to surpass me in a year or two. Also, try out digital dude, once you get used to the advantages it brings are exponential.

@EternalEyes @Lumen
Thanks for the advise guys <3...yea illc heck that video when i have the chance.

oh oh and https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2214.0 these are my more recent drawings...practicing body proportions and poses