Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64363
Latest: Keithecowl
New This Month: 232
New This Week: 68
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 75645
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1159
Total: 1173

Author Topic: Microsoft Finally Did it Right  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Narutoi has no influence.
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
Microsoft Finally Did it Right
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:46:21 »
Ok people so long story short, I'm bored as hell. Because I'm bored ill be posting this informative post. The best internet browsers are Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. Google Chrome stopped supporting unity so #rip. Now its just Firefox and Edge. Edge is what Microsoft made when they realized IE was crap and nobody used it. My opinion is that for those running Windows 10, Edge is the way to go as it is the smoothest browser I have ever used, has so many features that I cant believe such a perfect browser was created, its integrated with Cortana (Voice Assistant), and lastly can now block those annoying, lag inducing, "Meet Asian, Muslim, or other woman ads". Hallelujah!  Best browser to me 2015. Ill uninstall Firefox now. :D

• Character Name: Narutoi Himitsu
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"---Naruto

Offline taigakun

Re: Microsoft Finally Did it Right
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 11:31:18 »
I live in Sweden and Cortana isn't available in my region :/ so lel

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 15:14:55 »
Your region shouldn't matter. You just need to have Windows 10 on your computer. If you have Windows 10 but not Cortana maybe that's a unofficial version or maybe something else.
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"---Naruto

Offline taigakun

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 15:32:16 »
alright i'll check :3

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 17:40:14 »
Ok people so long story short, I'm bored as hell. Because I'm bored ill be posting this informative post. The best internet browsers are Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. Google Chrome stopped supporting unity so #rip. Now its just Firefox and Edge. Edge is what Microsoft made when they realized IE was crap and nobody used it. My opinion is that for those running Windows 10, Edge is the way to go as it is the smoothest browser I have ever used, has so many features that I cant believe such a perfect browser was created, its integrated with Cortana (Voice Assistant), and lastly can now block those annoying, lag inducing, "Meet Asian, Muslim, or other woman ads". Hallelujah!  Best browser to me 2015. Ill uninstall Firefox now. :D
Can I just say this: Just because Google Chrome stopped supporting Unity (Btw, they actually stopped supporting NPAPI (Look it up) for technical reasons. Firefox and other browsers plan to follow suit but at a later date. There are many things that make a browser good rather than just "They support Unity so 10/10 would use again"

If you look into the details of why browsers are stopping NPAPI you would understand that Google Chrome is, and at this rate always will be, the best.
Windows did a good job on Edge but it is still pretty slow imo. They did do a good thing by scrapping IE but they didn't do it out of choice, there is also reasoning behind that which goes into further detail. Simply put, the code was old af and they couldn't rework IE without scrapping it all together and starting fresh and thus they decided to rename their browser because of this.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 18:43:43 »
Chrome is my favourite due to the vast amount of add ons you can use.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 19:22:36 »
@Leebz Yea you're right and after I posted that I realized what I said about unity wasn't right as well. There are some other reasons why I nominate Edge. First its compatibility with the new Windows 10. If you don't have Windows 10 then yes Chrome is the best browser that you can use but if you DID upgrade to Windows 10 Edge is the best browser hands down. It can be said Edge was MADE for Windows 10 and gives you many features that Chrome doesn't. Some examples are reading view, and the Web Note. About what you said about the speed, Edge is extremely fast on my computer. Edge also offers Light and Dark mode; whichever one appeals to you. Cortana like I have stated is integrated with Edge. You can use the "Hey Cortana" signal words to make Cortana turn on and ask a question. If the question or order you give her is "Take me to ShinobiLifeOnline.com" she will immediately open up Edge but if you used another browser like Chrome or Firefox you would have to select that browser because it isn't the Microsoft Edge Cortana was made for. Edge seems like the most streamlined and easy to use browser out of all of them with its sleek, clean design.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 03:14:13 »
@Leebz Yea you're right and after I posted that I realized what I said about unity wasn't right as well. There are some other reasons why I nominate Edge. First its compatibility with the new Windows 10. If you don't have Windows 10 then yes Chrome is the best browser that you can use but if you DID upgrade to Windows 10 Edge is the best browser hands down. It can be said Edge was MADE for Windows 10 and gives you many features that Chrome doesn't. Some examples are reading view, and the Web Note. About what you said about the speed, Edge is extremely fast on my computer. Edge also offers Light and Dark mode; whichever one appeals to you. Cortana like I have stated is integrated with Edge. You can use the "Hey Cortana" signal words to make Cortana turn on and ask a question. If the question or order you give her is "Take me to ShinobiLifeOnline.com" she will immediately open up Edge but if you used another browser like Chrome or Firefox you would have to select that browser because it isn't the Microsoft Edge Cortana was made for. Edge seems like the most streamlined and easy to use browser out of all of them with its sleek, clean design.
Edge is buggy. I have Windows 10 and still find Chrome to be the better use as do many other people. Cortana is for lazy people who don't wanna type, if you can type fast you can get to the url quicker than speaking and waiting for her to understand. Granted, Cortana is great on phones, much better than Siri, but for browsing the web on a PC? Please. As for Windows 10 in a whole, unless you tweak with the settings your Disk will run at 100% and what might be one of those things to disable? Oh yeah, Edge, along with Cortana. This is far from a personal issue as well as many others have had the same issues. If you think Edge is faster than Chrome, show some statistics about it. Back your words up with facts but until then, I will still think Chrome is better. Chrome doesn't bug out on any users as well, whereas Edge has fucked with many users and remains to be a buggy, incomplete browser.
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 14:11:39 »
I find all browsers garbage :D
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 03:52:34 »
What do u use?