Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64355
Latest: glucophage tab 1000mg
New This Month: 224
New This Week: 60
New Today: 11
Stats
Total Posts: 75630
Total Topics: 21549
Most Online Today: 1265
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 1070
Total: 1082

Author Topic: Learning to control chakra  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

Learning to control chakra
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:56:17 »
This idea ties hand-in-hand with the post I just made on learning to control your chakra nature.

Chakra control should be an important part of using jutsu, namely elemental jutsu. Chidori is a combination of both chakra control and elemental chakra control.

My suggestion is that you should have to learn to control chakra before you start using jutsu requiring chakra. Each jutsu should have a required level of chakra control. Chakra control should level up passively through the usage of chakra throughout the game, and shinobi should be able to learn how to do it through various exercises.

High level jutsu should require higher levels of chakra control, whether this be gained through the usage of jutsu, or through manual training.

• Character Name: Dawg

Offline Narutoi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Narutoi has no influence.
  • King Otaku Has Arrived
    • View Profile
Re: Learning to control chakra
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 16:37:55 »
Well let me add to this. There already IS chakra control somewhat in the game. The fastest speed you have is 60, but the fastest you can run without spending chakra is (I forgot Lol). There's also a speed that lets your chakra recharge its fastest while still letting you run (Its in the 40s somewhere). It may not be exactly what your talking about but its still chakra control and is important.
  • Character Name: Narutoi Himitsu
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"---Naruto

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 16:58:38 »
i'm glad someone else thinks this is important!! i posted a topic yesterday as well on this subject so i will just use this (heads up its a long post)
http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,2033.msg27983/topicseen.html#new

"Chakra control should be an important part of using jutsu, namely elemental jutsu. Chidori is a combination of both chakra control and elemental chakra control."

i think you mean chakra form  and chakra nature

these both are skills or ways of using chakra control and they are advanced forms of chakra control 

chidori uses a change in chakra form ( the visible energy in the hand)
and then adds the change in chakra nature to that(lightning) to complete the jutsu.
Using my chart in the other post this would be a master level jutsu requiring level 5 or higher chakra control
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 17:59:51 by cmsurfer »

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 20:39:22 »
Well let me add to this. There already IS chakra control somewhat in the game. The fastest speed you have is 60, but the fastest you can run without spending chakra is (I forgot Lol). There's also a speed that lets your chakra recharge its fastest while still letting you run (Its in the 40s somewhere). It may not be exactly what your talking about but its still chakra control and is important.

I'd say that's a part of chakra control. As you learn to control chakra, things like this should become easier and more efficient. It would be a great addition to SLO, and would really help explain why certain jutsu can be used to such effect.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:49:29 »
i think this should really just be built in to the stats of the character

as a trainable ability abbasalutely but just as a requisite for certain jutsu and and efficiency at molding chakra.I know that it was said that no molding chakra was necessary but I think for those that don't want anyone to see them coming being able to turn off the flow of chakra in your body so it cant be sensed would be a cool ability.

anyway chakra control needs to be programed into the jutsu so that noobs can't use high level jutsu. when you reach a CC level you can then learn that jutsu. learning the jutsu will imply you have reached a workable level of proficiency at it. al though maybe once you get the jutsu you may have to practice the hand signs a few times to actually learn the jutsu. this may be a good time to assign the activation sequence to the jutsu! not sure if that was planned or not i think it was.