Forum > Shinobi Life Online News & Announcements

Next Update

(1/3) > >>

Vreg:
The long overdue SLO networking update has arrived. This means that SLO is ready for further updates. Select your top 3 choices, in no particular order. Use this topic to discuss the options or to ask questions.

Thank you.

NinjaMirage:
Question about the engine overhaul?
You have done all this work for networking, so you’re likely not talking about switching engines, are you considered refactoring to ECS with Unity 2019 LTS? If so I’m for that one!! I think this game could really benefit from the newer production benefit and performance benefits of The DOTs work flow!

Vreg:

--- Quote from: NinjaMirage on September 30, 2020, 12:06:54 ---Question about the engine overhaul?
You have done all this work for networking, so you’re likely not talking about switching engines, are you considered refactoring to ECS with Unity 2019 LTS? If so I’m for that one!! I think this game could really benefit from the newer production benefit and performance benefits of The DOTs work flow!

--- End quote ---
For the *next* update I'm talking about upgrading our engine to the latest version. Our current version is about 3 years behind. The update is not trivial, as there are certain areas that are no longer supported.

Vreg:
8 members left to vote before we pick an option.

DMKEric:
I'm actually surprised there are next to no votes on proper net sync :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version