Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64062
Latest: Ernestfep
New This Month: 4155
New This Week: 121
New Today: 28
Stats
Total Posts: 73878
Total Topics: 20756
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 789
Total: 802
Ernestfep
titlesuitsai
Seo-Ul-nor
Google (AdSense)
Google (8)
Baidu

Author Topic: The heathen trilogy  (Read 7466 times)

Offline taigakun

The heathen trilogy
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:50:09 »
A Heathen trilogy
A story about a beautiful black flower(Heathen)

So i decided to write about my organisation, starting from from 800 years back, when it was supposedly created.... or was it? tell me what you think ;)

The story is going to be told from three different perspectives , and this is the first story. All the stories are connected, so if you don't understand anything yet, it will all be explained later on

Part 1
There were no villages. There were no towns. There were no beautiful pieces of art that made a person engrossed in the environment around them and think to themselves, "how peaceful this is". There were no such things. There was man. There were weapons. There was war.
Yes, there was war. War in every corner of the world. Clans fought against clans. Tribes against tribes. Brother against sister. I was born into this world, had a mother who loved a father who didn't care. My father, who didn't care for anything but war and bloodshed. I had nothing, nothing but a little sister, born into our ruined and war filled world too. She saw the world,and every single living creature for the goodness in them. A little sister i swore to protect. I remember, how when we were kids, she would ask me everyday "Big brother, when will the war be over?' and i would reply as gently as i could "Soon, my beloved little sister." We had no friends and nobody to talk to. She watched my back as i did hers.
Our father, who was our clan leader, saw me, his first and only son, as the heir to clan and put all his hope in me to lead the clan into many more battles long after his death. I spent hours training and training, sweat mixed with blood, just to live up to his expectations. But day after day, all the training sessions ended with me getting a look of incompetence from my father.  One of my greatest wishes was to ride into battle with my father, to fight side by side with him. And each time i asked him, his reply was " You are not ready." I wanted to prove i was, eager to earn his "approvance", i left the house in the middle of the night, to prove myself by going into the cave where there were no men, and bringing him the head of the giant serpent which was called "Idaina hebi" to prove my worth. I set out that night, with nothing but my katana. It was a 3 day travel to the cave and i hunted whatever animal i could find to cook it and eat.
During the second night, while i lay at sleep, i woke up to the feeling of a sharp object piecered close to my throat. I opened my eyes, to see a woman, with the most beautiful face i had ever seen, stand in front of me.
-Who are you?
I said nothing. She wore the emblem of the Hageshī clan. Our sworn enemies.
-Who are you? She asked again. I said my name.
-Why shouldn't i kill you here and now?
-You won't. I said to her. I knew she wouldn't. I was certain. Because the look she had in her eyes was similar to someone else i knew. My sister.
She smiled and sheathed her sword, stretched out her hand and helped me up.
Her name was Ikyōto. She too was born into this our imperfect world. Because she was the last child of her family, she wansn't paid that much attention as the rest and had all the freedom in the world. She followed me to the cave, in which she had visited many times before, but not dared enter. And as i walked with her, talked to her on our way there, i found out that unlike the many people i have meant under my lifetime, all she wanted was peace. Peace. something like that that seemed like a mere fantasy, she made it sound so realistic that even i started to share her vision. And as our clan men, this very moment fought and died by the hands of each other, i realized, that i had started to feel a feeling towards her that i only felt towards the one i swore my live to protect. I belive it was called 愛(love)?
We reached the caved. Said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways. There were stories about this giant snake. Some said it was able to gather the forces of nature (natural energy) and fight with it, well, we were about to find out.
  We fought and fought. I wasn't the best at ninjutsu, but with my katana, i was a formidable opponent, using my wind nature to strengthen my attacks, i was able to strike critical blows. But after a day of fighting, the serpent started to get the better of me. I was only human after all. As i rushed to strike a blow, it hit my katana out of my hand and threw me to the ground. And here i was certain. i was going to die.
And then i saw a figure stand in front of me, glowing in the light of the sun, beautiful as she was fierce, she ran the katana through the mouth of the serpent and with a swift and striking blow, it was defeated. She saved me. And i owed my life to her.
As i parted ways with her, I knew, deep down, that i would meet her again, one way or another.

I came home, with the head of this legendary beast. Looked at my father and said "I am ready." He smiled and told me to prepare myself, we were going out to battle in two days.
he battle was long and i fought beside my father through it. They were strong, but we were stronger. But battles are not fair and people die. As i fought, i turned to look at my father, who looked back at me with this look of pride, something i had never seen before. I was happy. In the middle of battle i found happiness. But like every thing else in this world,happiness is temporary.
At exactly that moment, I saw the sharp edge of a sword come out through his chest, and then he was on ground. I rushed directly to him, and tried to save him. I quickly overpowered the shinobi who impaled him, but when it came to killing him....... i just couldn't. How could i? This person, could be someone else's world, just like my little sister is mine. I want peace. But isn't there any other way? I let him go and their clan retreated and rushed my father back home to treat his injuries. When we were back home, he told me "You are weak. And that is your greatest flaw. Yes, you are a good fighter, maybe better than me. But you are soft. I can see in your eyes that you try to see the good in people and grant them mercy. And that my son, is your weakness. In our world, only the strongest survive and the weak perish. So choose, son. Which of them are you?" "Which of them are you?" that was the last thing my father said to me before he died.That night, i lay awake thinking of what my father had said. And i decided. I want to be able to protect and little sister no matter what. I don't want my "weakness' to stand in my way. I would become the man by father wanted me to be, to fight for the world Ikyōto dreamed of. I will become strong so that we can survive.
I became the leader of my clan and Ikyōto left her clans people and joined mine. I did plan on marrying her but it never ever felt like the right moment. The right moment, for me was a day where different clans passed by each other and greeted, without fighting. A peaceful day was the perfect day.
Ikyōto and my little sister became very close. Having a green house where thy planted white roses and other flowers. And everytime i came back from battle i was greeted by the two people i loved the most. I hated to say it, but while war was raging all around me, my world was close to perfection. But as i said, Happiness is temporary.
On a particular occasion, Ikyōto asked me to come out to battle with me. I hesitated, but she convinced me, saying that since she was a med nin, she could help reduce the causalities. I accepted.
For days, we fought the Hageshī clan. And with Ikyōto's help, we were able to withstand. But the odds of us wining weren't that high. I got a message from one of my fighters that the medical camp we set up had spotted 5 well armed shinobi about to attack them from behind and sent for help. I quickly rushed with 4 others to the medical camp, where i found most of the people there dead and Ikyōto about to stab herself with a katana. I tried my best. Everything i could to reach her in time. but i wasn't fast enough.
-"I'm sorry' she said. "I hope you forgive me"
. Despair befell me. 'forgive her?' for what?!? Her dream of a perfect, peaceful world. The promise i made her to help that dream come true. I failed her....... I failed her.
God, how the world was beautiful with red, splashed on the ground and on the walls, making every single puddle of blood i saw unique, with very different patterns. God, how i enjoyed revenge. I had lost my father to this wretched war. Now, I had lost Ikyōto. I fought and fought. revenge being the only thing on my mind. And won. We all went home, with heavy hearts and as we entered, bodies were lying lifeless on the ground. It then came to my realization that Ikyōto was never by my side, why she told me she was sorry. She had infiltrated my clan to gather information to send to the Hageshi. She told them when to attack the medical base in order to draw my attention... and have them kill me. As they couldn't kill me, she killed herself because she couldn't bear to face me after what she had done. I was betrayed, by a woman i planned to marry. I rushed to see my younger sister, who lay on the ground bleeding. The white roses where now painted with blood, giving them somewhat of a dark color.  And as my only sister, the one i swore my life to protect lay dying, deprived of the medical care she needed, the medical care she deserved, as her breathing grew weaker with every breath she drew, she asked me with a smile"Big Brother, when will the war be over?" and as she took her last breath, I put the beautiful black flower in her hands, and with a whole in my heart and tears in my eyes, i replied as gently as i could "Never."

Betrayal and death is what this world is made up of. I do plan to change that. And i will.

The second story coming soon

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 19:23:46 by taigakun »

Offline Sage32801

Re: The beautiful black flower
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 17:56:26 »
That was an amazing story full of caring and devastating events. I can't wait for the next one.
"There were stories about this giant snake. Some said it was able to gather the forces of nature (natural energy) and fight with it, well, we were about to find out." I love this great sage serpent (Idaina hebi) and it sound like ryuchi cave .
  • Character Name: Tai Tsukegami

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
Re: The heathen trilogy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 18:04:21 »
Sugoi!! Perfect story! I loved it and smart way to promote Heathen, I might join you and leebz on this trilogy thingy but overall well done!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 18:06:03 by Yamasukage »
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline taigakun

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 19:17:47 »
That was an amazing story full of caring and devastating events. I can't wait for the next one.
"There were stories about this giant snake. Some said it was able to gather the forces of nature (natural energy) and fight with it, well, we were about to find out." I love this great sage serpent (Idaina hebi) and it sound like ryuchi cave .
Sugoi!! Perfect story! I loved it and smart way to promote Heathen, I might join you and leebz on this trilogy thingy but overall well done!
Thanks guys ;)
And Yama do that, looking forward to reading it

The next part of the story will be told from his sisters perspective

Offline Manuster

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 23:12:27 »
omg man this is better than my story omg we need to write together omg omg omg omg
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline taigakun

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:13:10 »
omg man this is better than my story omg we need to write together omg omg omg omg
^^

Offline Utsubushi

• Academy Student Poster
  • Utsubushi has no influence.
  • Nothing important to say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 15:09:33 »
Good reading, thank you.
  • Character Name: Utsubushi

Offline Toratsume Nyshn

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Toratsume Nyshn has no influence.
  • Morigakure Elder
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Heathen,

Glory to the Black Rose
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 16:30:40 »
Seriously awesome!!!
Amazing storytelling and script was dayyum good.
I'm already guessing where the black rose symbol got inspiration from. 😃

Offline SantanosRabi

• Academy Student Poster
  • SantanosRabi has no influence.
  • Kamui !!!
    • View Profile
    • SoundCloud
  • Clan: Hazo-Ryu
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 17:30:06 »
I have to take a breath, this last part had me tears in my eyes. Impressive scenario, so much to take in.
  • Character Name: Santanos

Offline taigakun

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 17:38:17 »
Good reading, thank you.
You are welcome ^

Seriously awesome!!!
Amazing storytelling and script was dayyum good.
I'm already guessing where the black rose symbol got inspiration from. 😃
Haha thanks and yeah ;)

I have to take a breath, this last part had me tears in my eyes. Impressive scenario, so much to take in.
Thanks man ;)

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 18:45:59 »
Yay more trilogies.....love myself a good read, dont know much about your org.... but this was really good
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline taigakun

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 20:59:21 »
Yay more trilogies.....love myself a good read, dont know much about your org.... but this was really good
Thanks man