Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64439
Latest: tomada
New This Month: 308
New This Week: 69
New Today: 18
Stats
Total Posts: 76446
Total Topics: 22065
Most Online Today: 2010
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1353
Total: 1365
tomada
EdithSoure
Google (10)

Author Topic: Dead Bodies  (Read 5424 times)

Offline Takoi

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Takoi has no influence.
  • Power is everything
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Mercenary Supports

Katakiuchi
Dead Bodies
« on: December 19, 2017, 19:28:57 »
From what I've seen there hasn't been a discussion about this before so here goes:
I was wondering how kekkei genkei and other special jutsu would be handled when someone dies. In the Naruto-verse, when a shinobi died, that village would claim their body as it not have its "secrets" divulged. Because of this, I was wondering if the game would do something with dead bodies. For example, if you killed someone and knew he was very strong, would you be able to "bag him" and bring him to someone who could reveal the jutsu he knew and, in turn, learn the techniques yourself, or would this way be too easy to learn new jutsu? I would agree that taking kekkei genkei would be too far, but the ability to get regular jutsu that you just never found yet could be worthwhile.

• Character Name: Takoi

Offline Manuster

Re: Dead Bodies
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 21:24:10 »
I dont see how you can use it to learn new jutsu, doesnt really make sense

and this is tackled in the FAQ

"Before a dead body disappears, will other players be able to interact with said body?
They will be able to inspect the dead body, and being able to drag bodies will most likely be implemented into SLO.

Will players be able to loot and/or pickpocket the bodies (both dead and alive) of other players?
Yes, players will be able to loot defeated/dead bodies. End goal is to allow pick-pocketing on live, conscious players, but this runs the risk of being caught."

AAAAAAANd answered by Vreg

It would be kind of cool to kill someone and atleast share their Kekkai Genkais with your organization/clan, or something. Idk.
I agree with aoi i mean it happens in naruto so why not here? It's a pretty good idea. I do agree though it might ruin some things and make stuff too easy like acheiving Kekei genkai
After some thinking, I say we will allow transplanting KG (Kekkei Genkai) powers. However, this will be limited to the 5 below mentioned points.

1. The KG must be transplantable in the first place. It has to be something like visual prowess.
2. A highly powerful medical ninjutsu is required to extract and contain the KG. Like taking out visual prowess containing eyes and keeping them alive.
3. Another highly powerful medical ninjutsu is required to transplant the KG onto someone.
4. Getting a KG transplanted would come at the risk of incompatibility and result in your character dieing. There would be at least a 30% chance of this happening. The actual % will depend on the type of KG.
5. Getting a KG in this indirect way will not change your DNA and you won't be able to pass it on using DNA codes.

This would give rise to something like a black market where KG powers are sold at very high prices which is awesomeness x 1000.

RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Takoi

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Power is everything
    • View Profile

Katakiuchi
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 00:07:29 »
[/quote]
My question revolved more around the jutsu than KG. Cause in the episode where it is explained (with Hakku and Zabuza) Zabuza didn't have any kind of KG or special technique, but Kakashi still understood why they were taking him. This begs the question that secret techniques (Not KG) can be learned from dead bodies such as the Nara clan's jutsu or other clans. Vreg's response only covers visual KG.

Offline Hamato Uchiha

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Hamato Uchiha has no influence.
  • Member of Raiu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 12:29:41 »
I think it is a good idea to steal KG from dead bodies if that the game will really have perma death.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 17:25:06 by Hamato Uchiha »

Offline Manuster

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 13:29:49 »
My question revolved more around the jutsu than KG. Cause in the episode where it is explained (with Hakku and Zabuza) Zabuza didn't have any kind of KG or special technique, but Kakashi still understood why they were taking him. This begs the question that secret techniques (Not KG) can be learned from dead bodies such as the Nara clan's jutsu or other clans. Vreg's response only covers visual KG.
I...guess, but not everything in the anime will be in the game and the game will have things not in the anime

if...jutsu could be learned from a body there would need to be a logical ingame reason

its very, very possible that a genjutsu could be used to TEMPORARILY copy the last used jutsu from an opponent, but copying jutsu from a dead body seems unlikely to be in the game

Its not that the idea is BAD, its just that there are so many details to handle about it

- which jutsu will be able to be copied? its unfair for a difficult or high level jutsu to be learnt easier than it otherwise would
- what if the jutsu is not compatible with the copiers chakra nature? or a chuunin copies a jonin level jutsu??
- the currently planned jutsu mechanics (scrolls and senseis)  will become obsolete (why bother learning a jutsu when u can kill a scrub and learn it immediately with no effort?)

A genjutsu that allows the temporary copying of the last jutsu on a living target may allow for permanent copying on a dead target seems alot more...balanced
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline cruzhugo

• Academy Student Poster
  • cruzhugo has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 13:32:42 »
i think thats too complex and dont make sense on a game because you steal an sharingan than you have one sharinga it will put a lot of new jutsu that is not the type of your character , then the other one respond and have no eyes ?

i think the best thing to do is steal money, drag the body because of getting cought by the rest of the group, and a respone of some time so that medical ninja can revive you.
my opinion :)
  • Character Name: chazzy

Offline Takoi

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Power is everything
    • View Profile

Katakiuchi
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 00:33:21 »
i think thats too complex and dont make sense on a game because you steal an sharingan than you have one sharinga it will put a lot of new jutsu that is not the type of your character , then the other one respond and have no eyes ?
I was referring to this when someone died in a perma death zone, not a safe zone.

Offline mamita

• Special Jonin Poster
  • mamita has no influence.
  • Hey brother, what you thinking?
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Agni
  • Organization: Bōeki no tanzō Hyakki Yagyō
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 07:49:33 »
I...guess, but not everything in the anime will be in the game and the game will have things not in the anime

if...jutsu could be learned from a body there would need to be a logical ingame reason

its very, very possible that a genjutsu could be used to TEMPORARILY copy the last used jutsu from an opponent, but copying jutsu from a dead body seems unlikely to be in the game

Its not that the idea is BAD, its just that there are so many details to handle about it

- which jutsu will be able to be copied? its unfair for a difficult or high level jutsu to be learnt easier than it otherwise would
- what if the jutsu is not compatible with the copiers chakra nature? or a chuunin copies a jonin level jutsu??
- the currently planned jutsu mechanics (scrolls and senseis)  will become obsolete (why bother learning a jutsu when u can kill a scrub and learn it immediately with no effort?)

A genjutsu that allows the temporary copying of the last jutsu on a living target may allow for permanent copying on a dead target seems alot more...balanced
Ok, now I'm thinking of a secret faction that uses the aforementioned (forbidden and secret)
jutsu to steal the arts of powerful players. And who would probably be the eternal nemesis
of the Godai Temple.

HIDDEN VOLCANO DISCORD

https://discord.gg/GuXQmXf