Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 64069
Latest: Michailvdx
New This Month: 4162
New This Week: 128
New Today: 20
Stats
Total Posts: 73920
Total Topics: 20768
Most Online Today: 983
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 892
Total: 901
Google (9)

Author Topic: Suggested Gameplay  (Read 7213 times)

Offline MurDoK722

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MurDoK722 has no influence.
  • Akatsuki
    • View Profile
Suggested Gameplay
« on: August 03, 2015, 15:09:24 »
Before I begin, I Love the game and all of it's potential! I just want to give solid feedback. Okay I have been Logging on almost Everyday for a month now testing this game. I have found that the targeting system is off. There is no animation when Chidori is fired which makes it very difficult to get a lock on someone, and the fire, and god breath are not very effective... I understand you may be using some sort of collider or targeting the mesh when it comes to attacking possibly? There has to be a way to increase the range in which the player is hit.

• Character Name: MurDoK

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Suggested Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 15:44:21 »
SLO is trying to be as real as possible. Your opponent will only take damage if the chidori actually touches them, and if it does they will take damage. If it's not hitting them it's probably because they don't get in the way of the animation when you hit with it.
All the breathing jutsu are pretty much useless, but that will change in future updates.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 16:34:44 »
SLO is trying to be as real as possible. Your opponent will only take damage if the chidori actually touches them, and if it does they will take damage. If it's not hitting them it's probably because they don't get in the way of the animation when you hit with it.
All the breathing jutsu are pretty much useless, but that will change in future updates.
What Mars said. In the shoutbox you mentioned knowing of some bugs? Would you like to list these too or are you making a separate post for them?
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline MurDoK722

• Academy Student Poster
  • Akatsuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:49 »
     I just noticed how the targeting system is off, yeah it needs to be realistic. However, I have been right in front of someone with Chidori and it had no effect or because the player is experiencing some lag it likes to call it an attempted lag hit. Which I understand with future updates it will get much better!
     I also noticed that if you donate you get a "Forbbiden jutsu" which I get it you are paying money to a game. Said game does not have much at the moment so make the donors happy. However, Some choose to enter the non donor testing and use the overpowered jutsu on newbies who want to learn how to play. I find this could bring down popularity if I jump into a game trying to learn it and be spawn killed. Maybe making the donors test the donor made game, or decreasing the power of the jutsu would help tremendously.

I will be using this forum to post more with each update, and try and find bugs or issues for the devs/creators :) If it is possible to get feedback through email, or at least a heads up when an update has occurred if someone can reach out to me at kuncesk@yahoo.com. I would greatly appreciate it and will try to be as detailed as possible when and if I come across any bugs.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:48:11 by Kai »

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:21 »
     I just noticed how the targeting system is off, yeah it needs to be realistic. However, I have been right in front of someone with Chidori and it had no effect or because the player is experiencing some lag it likes to call it an attempted lag hit. Which I understand with future updates it will get much better!
     I also noticed that if you donate you get a "Forbbiden jutsu" which I get it you are paying money to a game. Said game does not have much at the moment so make the donors happy. However, Some choose to enter the non donor testing and use the overpowered jutsu on newbies who want to learn how to play. I find this could bring down popularity if I jump into a game trying to learn it and be spawn killed. Maybe making the donors test the donor made game, or decreasing the power of the jutsu would help tremendously.

I will be using this forum to post more with each update, and try and find bugs or issues for the devs/creators :) If it is possible to get feedback through email, or at least a heads up when an update has occurred if someone can reach out to me at kuncesk@yahoo.com. I would greatly appreciate it and will try to be as detailed as possible when and if I come across any bugs.
Actually, hit detection is very accurate, which is why it's difficult to hit someone. It's not too difficult though, as you must have seen people hitting each other at high speeds consistently. Because the combat is fairly unique, it takes a moment to get used to.

The lag hits are experienced by the laggers themselves, not the people that are not lagging.

The forbidden jutsu is something only reserved for Sennin Donators, making it very exclusive (there are only a handful of Sennin Donators). However it can be discovered by anyone. The reason you got rekt in game is not because all the donators had been given access to the forbidden jutsu, it's because most of the older members of this community have already found out the seal sequence one way or another...
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:52:06 »

The targeting system is fine, perfect actually. Sometimes if a player is lagging badly you will see their so called "ghost" model standing there and hitting it will have no effect. This is because on their screen they are halfway across the map, this doesn't happen often though
The secret jutsu is not overpowered as it takes half your chakra to cast and if you miss, you're out of chakra. Chidori might do less damage but it takes much less chakra, so really a chidori is more powerful than the secret jutsu.
If you're not an idiot you can figure out how to play and thus not be spawn killed, the main problem with people not knowing how to play is that they can't figure out to run. Reason being is that they don't know how to read the prompt telling them to write /commands.
If you have the sense you were born with you can pick up the game fairly easily, take Nova for an example. It took him 10 minutes to figure out how to play then he was off having fun.

Offline tomurn

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:16 »
the hit detection, is ok but yesterday I was getting close to 40 fps and i know mars has a great cpu and we stood in front of eachtoher, he could hit me and i would miss him....so something was messed up. it was right after you got off @Vreg
  • Character Name: Yundama Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 13:36:42 »
That was likely server lag or something, not to do with the hit detection.

Offline Sanji

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sanji has no influence.
  • Change is impossible in the fog of the ignorance.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Raiu
  • Organization: RoguhantaYaiken
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 15:09:21 »
the hit detection, is ok but yesterday I was getting close to 40 fps and i know mars has a great cpu and we stood in front of eachtoher, he could hit me and i would miss him....so something was messed up. it was right after you got off @Vreg
true i have done it with nove it is like 10 hits and only 3 have Successful.....and he is the same like me..
Other Organization:
Iryō Buntai

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 15:15:27 »
true i have done it with nove it is like 10 hits and only 3 have Successful.....and he is the same like me..
You really have to make the Chidori connect, if you only partially connect it it would make sense for the hit to be detected only half of the time.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 16:17:49 »
Tomurns was a glitch, he was right in front of me and I stood still.
Sanji just lagged I think

Offline MurDoK722

• Academy Student Poster
  • Akatsuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 23:34:01 »
Okay so with an upgrade to the engine the game will run smoother and the lag will chill itself out?

@Vreg: thank you for the clarification, I now know that the issue is not in the code but in the engine itself. However, Mars did say something about the breaths not working properly and that I can see is somewhat of an issue. I could stand right in front of someone soaking them in fire and they don't take a single hit. Also, I think it is spectacular that the "forbidden jutsu" mentioned takes up the majority of the users Chakra to cast. Yet it still feels very extreme and seems more likely to hit the player than any other jutsu I am able to use.

@Mars: I similarly to Nova, understood the game in about 10 minutes only taking me so long because of the unique run system, even with the help of the commands. All I was saying is these players sit on the newbies server all day, wait for someone to spawn and before they get a chance to play they are killed. I watched it happen to several people by some guy who called himself 1 of the 12 who must "stop the evil players". How can people want to donate and the game increase in popularity if only a select few get to actually play?

Lastly, this is a forum on suggested gameplay. So might I suggest a leveling system of some sorts, not only a player system but being able to acquire jutsu through rigorous training other than being born with it. If that is an idea already in the works I apologize. I also understand that this early into the project devs are trying to just crank out updates whenever possible but setting a schedule for that as well would be fantastic. I actually have 3 Individual people waiting for this game to "become more" and knowing when minor and major updates are happening would help tremendously.

Thank you all who replied to the forum.

Offline tomurn

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 06:11:07 »
Okay so with an upgrade to the engine the game will run smoother and the lag will chill itself out?

@Vreg: thank you for the clarification, I now know that the issue is not in the code but in the engine itself. However, Mars did say something about the breaths not working properly and that I can see is somewhat of an issue. I could stand right in front of someone soaking them in fire and they don't take a single hit. Also, I think it is spectacular that the "forbidden jutsu" mentioned takes up the majority of the users Chakra to cast. Yet it still feels very extreme and seems more likely to hit the player than any other jutsu I am able to use.

@Mars: I similarly to Nova, understood the game in about 10 minutes only taking me so long because of the unique run system, even with the help of the commands. All I was saying is these players sit on the newbies server all day, wait for someone to spawn and before they get a chance to play they are killed. I watched it happen to several people by some guy who called himself 1 of the 12 who must "stop the evil players". How can people want to donate and the game increase in popularity if only a select few get to actually play?

Lastly, this is a forum on suggested gameplay. So might I suggest a leveling system of some sorts, not only a player system but being able to acquire jutsu through rigorous training other than being born with it. If that is an idea already in the works I apologize. I also understand that this early into the project devs are trying to just crank out updates whenever possible but setting a schedule for that as well would be fantastic. I actually have 3 Individual people waiting for this game to "become more" and knowing when minor and major updates are happening would help tremendously.

Thank you all who replied to the forum.

Valid points, I agree that a schedule of minor updates, to major updates would be nice....even if it within a few days...like by august expect...new jutsu, optimization, and something....september: charector creation, bug fixes, and so on. I think it could only help, and keep people waiting for something xD...
  • Character Name: Yundama Himitsu